Taurus vs 350Z .... pure ownage.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by UG_PL, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UG_PL

UG_PL Banned

GPU:
    Asus HD3850 512MB @ 770Mhz/925Mhz
    LOL ... So I was going back home with my friend ,we see a 45 year old lady in a 350z convertible (manual) with loud Techno music. So we pull to the red light I'm on the right she is on the left. My 2001 Taurus is in pretty good shape ,FLowMaster 40 series muffler ,no Intake silencer ,high flow air filter and few other goodies ...anyway so I knew that the lady will punch the accelerator when lights turn green... So I got ready ... GREEN ,I floored it and the next thing I hear is loud crack noise from the 350Z !!!! ahahaha I don't know what happened but that lady could not shift! ahahahaha... So I won... now once I passed her I see white Mustang V6 ( maybe 2000-2002) I passed him at about 60mph he got pissed and he passed me about 75 cuz my friend showed him to race when I was passing him... there is very nice curvy road near my house so we were going about 95mph,I passed my house and when I was doing you turn to go back my friend is like "he wants some more" so I'm like cool. Guess what? I was keeping up with him ,head to head and we were passing cars like crazy! We were going about 105mph ! $hit load of adrenaline. funny thing ,Ford Mustang can't escape from a ****ty Ford Taurus. Once I finished my wonderful evening,my hands were shaking like crazy! hahahah... thats my little story. BTW ,My Taurus with those mods makes max 165HP @ 5600RPM and 0-60 times is about 8.9sec (3.0 V6)

2. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    A taurus.....after growing up driving late 60's-early 70s muscle cars a taurus does nothing for me. I have a 2004 Ford lightning that hits 140 without breakin a sweat.

3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    yeah.... hoping it's not one of those PoS mufflers that are basically the ricer requirement which makes it sound like a garden variety weed whacker.... they sound like ass anyway, and wouldn't want the car if you gave it to me. And it sounded like the lady could have lost the clutch. she'd still be able to drive the car... just not as efficiently as one could with a clutch.

And..... was it a new mustang? if so..... no **** it couldn't escape. new mustangs are freakin pathetic. disgraceful to the classic muscle that USED to be the Mustang. Why do you think everyone and their mom has one, and you can find one rather afordably from every Ford dealer? they've basically turned them from old school muscle cars into their current "street cruiser in a muscle car body" car. Now.... if it was a Ford GT (and no, not Ford Mustang GT).... that might be a different story.... but i doubt that, since you're Taurus could keep up.

edit: as another plus.... congrats for clearly stating you were doing 105 on a public road. guess you're another one of those idiots that doesn't know how much **** you could have been in should someone have nudged their brake pedal while they were in front of you when you were doing those speeds. That's almost as bad as people doing 80 in a 40mph short stretch of 4-lane to pass me..... just for the sole fact that i was in my mom's '01 Trans-Am. Yeah... i was doing 75 at that time... but was well aware of the cars in front of me, and slowed down when the dumbass passed me.

By the way.... i wasn't even trying to race the guy. that section of road doesn't have a remotely long 4-lane (2 one way, 2 the other). I was just trying to get to work... didn't give a ****. if i DID.... then i'd have put it in 5th gear to really pick up the pace much faster than it did keeping it in 6th. The car can do 60-65 and barely break 1,500rpm's. QUITE a bit of leeway to spare.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  4. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080
    350z would be in bangkok by the time you lift your foot off the brake if it was a proper race duders

5. Smellybumlove

Smellybumlove Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD4830x2 crossfire
    surely being america, that 350z was an auto?

6. UG_PL

UG_PL Banned

GPU:
    I just know that you are the most ignorant person on this forum.
    First ,my car sounds nothing like a ricer . It sounds as this Taurus
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pbfw4L8uYP8

but it has single stainless still exhaust . Not big not small just the right size.

Second ,I raced at 10pm (about an hour ago) I said "cars" actually we passed 3 cars once a the beginning and 2 at the second run. Overall, road was empty.

Third ,I don't give a **** what you think! I don't!! "Hey ,its POS a Taurus!"
    Yeah ,maybe it is ,but I love my car ! Its clean,sounds very nice and it whoops every ricer in my city. It was A 6 banger Mustang. about year 2000. Don't even know who was driving it. probably guy. I know that 350z would beat **** out of me ,but getting beat by Taurus due to bad shifting is pretty pathetic.

Manual.

7. KoncreteAngel

KoncreteAngel Master Guru

GPU:
    1800xt 512mb
    350z 0-60mph= 5.4 seconds 1/4 mile=14 seconds
    Your Taurus- 0-60 in over 9 seconds imo 1/4 mile= 16.5+

nuff said

8. UG_PL

UG_PL Banned

GPU:
    Yes ,but its modded ! It runs high 8 seconds 0-60 and I ran 1/4 at 16.07 sec few days ago.

9. GoGetta09

GoGetta09 Member

GPU:
    Dual 8800GT 512MB
    Racing takes place on race tracks, not public roads.

10. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080
    i didnt know you can shift late in an auto

11. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    exactly what GoGetta09 said. doesn't matter what time it was..... a public road is a public road. anything can happen. so yeah... you passed 2 or 3 cars. what would have happened had someone cut you off out of nowhere? And the one doing 105 on a public road calls me ignorant.

And if your car DOES sound like that.... i still wouldn't want it. only thing worse than making a perfectly good car sound like a weed whacker is making a slightly better car sound like it has muscle.

and as i said.... the mustang wasn't even classic muscle. not even muscle. Hell, it's practically your Taurus in a mustang shell. wouldn't be proud of that.

12. UG_PL

UG_PL Banned

GPU:
    I Think we are cool? are we? I really don't want to start flame war...
    sorry for calling you ignorant but I hate when people make fun of my car.

Yeah 105 is fast ,but it was such a nice opportunity!lol

Tomorrow I'm going to run 1/4mile few times .Cant wait to surprise ricers!

13. GoGetta09

GoGetta09 Member

GPU:
    Dual 8800GT 512MB
    2 close friends of mine were killed in a street racing accident a couple years ago. The risks you pose to yourself, the risks you pose to your friend in the car with you, and to the other people you are sharing the road with are simply not worth the few minutes of enjoyment you're getting out of it.

Grab a helmet and take your ride down to the local drag strip and have fun, that's where it belongs.

14. UG_PL

UG_PL Banned

GPU:
    Yes ,I'm going to the drag strip tomorrow as I stated above. BTW ,it was my friends fault! He toled the guy to race ! As i matter of fact my friend has gotten 8 speeding tickets in 2 years... But I drive normally when I'm not racing. When I race ,I push my car to the limits! I am good driver ,anyone that knows me can tell you. When speed limit is 45 I drive 45. I stop on every STOP sign. I don't cut people ... well sometimes. lol ,7 days ago one dude showed a middle finger when I cut his ass off while trying to get on HOV lane! hehehehe funny as hell ,and it was not that bad,,really ... 2inch from his bumper! lo

15. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    .... ever hear of that thing known as "peer pressure"? maybe "self control"? Seeing as your friend had gotten 8 speeding tickets in 2 years.... don't think he's the type of person whose racing advice you should be following. My brother harps on me all the time because i don't even go that fast in my mom's car..... but he's also someone who's capable of going through half a tank of gas in her car without even noticing. His fiancee also kept saying i was a slow driver... always doing 35mph in the one 35mph zone by our house (which is also due to the fact that a cop used to sit there quite frequently). One day she got nabbed by that cop for doing i believe 41mph. Karma's a bitch. now she doesn't complain about me driving slow anymore.... ESPECIALLY on that stretch of road. Even had friends of mine try to get me to spin the tires of my mom's trans-am..... but never did. not only because i didn't want to.... but those tires are expensive as HELL! never saw the point to burning rubber just for a cheap, useless 5 second thrill that you forget about 5 seconds later.

I'll admit.... sometimes i get slightly carried away (especially driving my mom's Trans-Am.... such as that 75mph in a 40 incident. but there were no side lanes for someone to cut me off, and only other cars ahead were almost to the other end of the 4-lane). the majority of the time i stick to speed limits.... sometimes 5mph over, but usually only if it's a 55mph zone, since 90% of people in those do 60 anyway. lol. I'm probably one of the most pacifistic (sp?) people you'd meet.... but driving.... or more along the lines of other drivers.... piss me off to no end. just too many idiots on the road where i live. Like when people are driving down a 6-lane road (3 lanes each way).... and they're in the far left lane, and cut all the way across to the right lane... and yet another lane over for a turn into a shopping center/highway/etc... Or, as with the incident in the 40mph zone..... when someone has to try as hard as their car physically can in order to pass ONE person..... so they can possibly get to their destination a half a second faster than if they had just stuck behind a bit. Or the people that, when on a 4-lane with the left lane being used for turning at the stop light at the intersection, will stay in that turning lane as long as they possibly can, and cut in between cars that are waiting in the proper lane to go straight through the intersection. Usually if i see some dumbass flying up beside me in a passing lane that's about to merge.... or at one of those types of turning lanes, i try as hard as freakin possible not to let the bastard in. I don't care if he get's in between someone behind me, but i sure as hell am gonna try not to let the SoB in front of me.

16. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
    To continue with the death, 2 17 year olds died a couple weeks ago in my town from doing the same thing. I bet if they weren't all dead, they would be blaming it on their friends.

17. UG_PL

UG_PL Banned

GPU:

18. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    edited my previous post to add a bit more.

19. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    Street racing=illegal
    illegal=against forum rules

20. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I zoomed right past an F430 today. It was going in the opposite direction. :D

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.