Talk Talk email shock.

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Reddoguk, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Guru3d GTX 980 G1
    "TalkTalk customers can have up to five mailboxes with us for free, but in order to keep running and improving the service, we need to start charging customers who no longer have broadband with us. If you have TalkTalk broadband with us and want to keep enjoying all the benefits of TalkTalk Mail for free, link your email address reddoguk@talktalk.net to your broadband account by clicking below".

"If you’re not a TalkTalk broadband customer, you can join us and continue to enjoy TalkTalk Mail for free. Call us on 0800 XXXX XXX to learn more about our great Fixed Low Price Plans and offers. All our plans include TalkTalk Mail at no extra cost. If you don’t want to sign up to TalkTalk broadband, we’re happy to keep providing you with up to 5 mailboxes but you’ll need to sign up to TalkTalk Mail Plus for £5 a month or £50 a year".

"Unfortunately, if you choose not to sign up for TalkTalk Mail Plus, from 24/12/2019 you’ll lose the vast majority of TalkTalk Mail features. For example, you’ll only be able to sign in at www.talktalk.co.uk/mail to check your emails. A few months after 24/12/2019, we will start closing down mailboxes that aren’t registered to a TalkTalk broadband account or signed up for TalkTalk Mail Plus".

Wow just wow.

Talk Talk is an old ISP that i used for a year or two long long ago now.

Today i receive an email from them saying i need to pay them £5 a month just to keep one email address i own ongoing. The email also says i should rejoin them or lose the email address all together.

I have to pay or try change email for all my game launchers since it's this mail address that i used for everything ffs. I wonder if Origin and the others will still work even after they close the mail address?

What a total P.I.T.A. and they want 50/60 GBP a year for one little email address, yea right.

2. 386SX

386SX Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    Everything will continue to work, except any form of email validation or conversation of course.

I used lavabit.com back then, but they closed. protonmail.com is a free secure email service I can strongly recommend. Not THIS much space but still enough for daily emails without dozens of attachments. They claim they are the most secure email service. And free ...
    Otherwise I only know German sites I could recommend, sorry.