Taking screenshots in UWP games with RTSS causes framerate drops

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Darren Hodgson, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I do not have any other PC to test this on but now that I have got RTSS v7.0.0's on-screen overlay working in Windows Store/UWP games such as Forza Motorsport 7, Gears of War 4 and Super Lucky's Tales, I have noticed that if I try to take a screenshot that the framerate in these games will drop to 30 fps and stay there unless I restart the game.

Obviously, now that I know it does this I try not to use it and use Alt-F12 or PrtScn instead but I'm so used to just tapping the asterisk key on my numeric keypad to take a screenshot in games that I invariably forget and end up tanking the framerate.

Is this normally behaviour for RTSS with UWP games since it works brilliantly with non-UWP DX9-DX12, Vulkan and OpenGL games.

Is there any way to disable this for UWP games only to prevent it from being accidentally used, say by adding commands to the profile for these games?

Thanks.

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 GRP
    You can use Win+PrtScr for UWP games, they all are just borderless windowed after all.

Yeah.

Not that I know of, but I think that Unwinder should certainly disable capture functions for UWP games since not only doesn't it work but also negatively affect performance when used - by accident or not.

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Thanks dr_rus.

Would be useful to have some way to add a tweak to the profile to disable RTSS screenshot taking for UWP games. The number of times I have pressed the asterisk key to take a screenshot because I forgot the game was UWP is just embarrassing for me! lol

I suppose we could ask for this feature to be implemented. I shouldn't think it would too hard to do since it is simply disabling an existing feature.