Taking Full Advantage of my Intel I7 10700

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by AMDMan2016, Jul 8, 2022.

1. AMDMan2016

AMDMan2016 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 1660 Super
    Hello There

Had shop upgrade my PC Stock Cooler to Arctic Freezer 7X, Noticed it doesn't really boost to 4.8Ghz much, typically stays around 4.6ghz, I believe Turbo Power limit still activated in UEFI BIos, should i continue leaving that on? or is that not needed since the cooler was upgraded?

Temps get max up to 84C right now if working it hard, very glad no longer seeing up into the mid 90's

2. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    4.8g is single core boost
    4.6g is what you will see most of the time
    you can leave the limit on if you know how to manually find the lowest voltage, mine doesn't really touch that 65w limit but it's running 1.25v

what is your stock voltage ?

3. AMDMan2016

AMDMan2016 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 1660 Super
    Believe stock voltage is 1.25v, but will verify that
    Intel 10700
    TDP
    65 W

As far as i know 1.25v as well if that factors in. Ram i upgraded to DDR4 2666mhz, Board B460M_DS3H only supports up to 2933mhz ram speed

4. AMDMan2016

AMDMan2016 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 1660 Super
    [​IMG] Well not doing too much right now, just 1 Browser Windows Open, Email Program, did see it get to 4.71Ghz, so guess PC is working as designed hopefully

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Temps are around Low to Mid 40's, occasionally speaking up a little higher, but also not doing too much right now

Does say at times When i run it harder on the Core Power Limit Exceeded, perhaps thats due to my Turbo power limit on in UEFI bios, not entirely sure, as previous system Intel I7 7700 i used stock cooler for 4 years til it died on me, then made decision in June 2020 to do Case, Motherboard, CPU and Ram upgrade, along with Video card

Attached Files:

5. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    1.25v average volatage is fine, see how much the volatage and power reading are for gaming
    10700(F) is a fantastic cpu for gaming, fast,efficient and cost effective.
    10-series also has the best imc of any cpus recently, it should be noted and taken advantage of with fast ddr4. it easily runs 4266-4400mhz ddr4 in 1:1 mode while others max out at 3733-4133

best way to run it is to remove the power limit and manually set voltage to lowest stable values.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
  6. AMDMan2016

AMDMan2016 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 1660 Super
    Oh ok, well i turned on Turbo Power limit in UEFI bios many months ago as with the former LGA 1200 Stock Cooler that came with my Intel 10700 that shop used when originally built system, was getting into the Mid 90's on Temps, even with a Simple Defender Scan back then was seeing sometimes 97C-98C off and on. Nowadays max seen was up to 85C, which is highest temp prefer

Will work on settings and go from there, and hopefully all perfect afterwards

7. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    I would disable the power limits, as others have suggested, its really the easiest and most useful thing you can do on locked chips. There is also the possibility of running a static multiplier for all cores( which depends on the motherboard), but you would probably need a bigger cooler for that.

8. AMDMan2016

AMDMan2016 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 1660 Super
    Yeah thinks holds off on setting static multiplier as changing CPU cooler is not my strong suit, or i'd already be running a bigger cooler.

Did purchase a bigger one, (Be Quiet Pure Rock 2 Black Edition-- but failed at installing it, so settled for whatever Air cooler shop would install that same day, and managed to get it back same day as well.

Sometime will upgrade this cooler again hopefully right this time--but at the moment in no rush to

9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 3070
    Wow that s a lot mate, my cpu right now only reaches 64c while playing warzone, and that s with corsair icue h100i, the beast is tamed thank god xd

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 3070
    Correct, i paired my 10700 with hyper x CL17 3600mhz ram, and it runs like a dream