Taiwanese smartphone makers expect little demand for WP8

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    DigiTimes learned from Taiwanese phone makers that demand for Windows Phone 8 devices it not expected to be strong: While Nokia, HTC and Samsung Electronics will launch Windows Phone 8 (WP8) devices beginning in November, in line with Microsoft unveiling the mobile operating system on October 29, market demand for such smartphones is not expected to be considerably large due to the time taken for consumers to learn the operating system and strong competition from iPhone and Android models, according to market watchers.

Taiwanese smartphone makers expect little demand for WP8

2. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I'm not at all surprised. I'm yet to see a person using a Windows based phone.

Everyone I know are using Apple Iphone, Blackberry & Samsung Galaxy SIII...

3. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Funny, HTC is a Taiwanese phone manufacturer. The article no longer makes sense if they say Taiwanese phone manufacturers are holding off as HTC is pushing Windows Phone 8 along with Android.

deltatux

4. chanw4

chanw4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    They probably mean the majority of TWese phone manufacturer but then, HTC is the largest TWese phone manufacturer.

5. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    the only Taiwanese phone manufacturer i know is HTC.... And they are going hard with wp8

6. chanw4

chanw4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Acer is also TWese but they made other electronic stuff too like tablet and notebook.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'm looking forward to it. I'm on my 3rd HTC Trophy now (WP7). Hopefully Nokia has a better product....

8. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Problem is that Acer, BenQ and others are too small on the global market to really be considered major impacts for making this statement. HTC owns a much much bigger pie. So this statement is still technically not withstanding since HTC is so big compared to the rest of these Taiwanese manufacturers.

deltatux

9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF RTX 3080 OC
    What was wrong with the first two? I'm on my 3rd Galaxy Nexus but I think I already told you all the story.

10. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    Guess W8 must be pretty duff, or at least one of the hotshots on XDA Developers would have found a way installing it as a ROM on an android. ;)