Tablet Battery Replacement.

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by TheDeeGee, Jan 29, 2021.

1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    I have this old Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (GT-P5210) with LineageOS 14, and it still works perfectly fine for Internet, YouTube and Twitch. But it still has the stock battery, which is going flat pretty fast by now.

Now replacing the actual battery seems pretty straight forward, but obtaining one isn't. There are so many brands out there. I ran into this for example:

https://www.amazon.nl/XITAIAN-Verva...GT-P5210/dp/B07HQFGTY4/ref=asc_df_B07HQFGTY4/

Would that be trustworthy, or should i go for an original?

2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    I would go for it. The price for original, certified, OEM Samsung parts is ridiculously expensive.
    @TheDeeGee Running LineageOS?. I like your computing style!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    Yeah, LineageOS 14.1 with Android 7.1.2.

It gave this old Tablet new life.

anticupidon likes this.
  4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Wish I had the foresight to buy an Android tablet in 2012. Bought an iPad2, 'cause my wife wanted it. Now she understands why i was against, but bought it nevertheless. But the iPad2 still works, only a few things (Solitaire, Photos and a few games) and browsing internet is a nightmarish experience. Try open a few tabs with only 512 MB RAM.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I am the oppisite I think most poeple should have iOS cause most people are to stupid to know how to use these things and iOS is the easiest learn providing you have brain and common sense and use it also less likely to get destroyed but malware and virus cause of stupid. but most iPads prior to 2018 where only 1gb and earlier ipad you talking is same model i had prior to 2018 model I got. THat model was 512mb it is was nightmare surfing the web with it, do to that lack ram, and it didnt run game to well either.

1GBis min iPad should have imo and I think now they switch to 2gb standard. I do wish all this stuff had the ability to swap out battery alot easier though, iPad 2 was good at the time but now it not kind slow, like using 10 year old PC

6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3
    I've replaced batteries a couple of times. Never had a problem doing so. Some eBay batteries even come with the tools to open the phones with, like screw drivers and stuff.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I should look up how to replace an iphone battery my self I swear there something wrong with battery