T.E.R.A Online

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by shoja, Mar 20, 2010.

1. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
  2. lebrine

lebrine Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce 680 gtx
    Urm,I'm pretty sure Tera Online is using the Unreal Engine

3. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    You are right. I can't find the link to the news, but the first time I heard about the game they mentioned them using unreal engine.

4. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    He must be thinking of Vindictus. Also has BBS.

5. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I really like the world but am not digging the asian-styled characters and aim to shoot/heal/whatever feature. Might be nice, but in videos it looks bad. They need to change A LOT for the western market.

6. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    There's no chance this will do anything but die after a few months. We have wow, swtor, rift. We'll have gw2 to. No chance.

8. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Meh I'm probably gonna buy it anyway. WoW, TOR and Rift grows old very fast. Dunno about GW2.

Realtime combat FTW. Best combat system ever. (MH, Demon souls, Dragon's dogma, etc)

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Wow grows old very fast? It's been out for over 7 years and it still has over 10 million subscribers. I'll skip tera, I'll pay swtor, d3 and gw2 this year for my rpg fix. Along with all the racing sims that are coming out. i signed up for the beta though, I'll give it a go if i get in, but it'll have to do something amazing for me to spend money on it.

10. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I might pre-order it from my local gamestop for the weekend beta and if disappointed I will just cancel my pre-order lol

Wobbling boobs? http://youtu.be/hIX07CmKZ5o?t=3m19s Maybe? haha

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012

11. Shex

Shex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GeForce GTX 970 HOF
    I'll be diffinately be playing TERA once its out, I played Swtor first hand and I can tell you the game is as dry as any other MMO except for some exceptional features. But found myself standing there with Battle master PvP gear wondering what to do next :S

12. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    i got to play a little bit of TERA back at E3 in '10. it was pretty fun and i'm sure the game has evolved a lot since then. i might give a try as swtor is also a good mmo but is also very bland. i think i'll probably get bored of it within 3-4 months. the only other two mmos i'm looking forward to this year is gw2 & the secret world.

13. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Berzerker Gameplay Commentary:
    http://youtu.be/Hv50oPCbmZQ?hd=1

Wish every mmo would give that much attention to armor detail, and it gets worse, that is a low level armor. Wonder how their end game armor will look like.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  14. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Those interested in Tera online can try this weekend's beta through ign's prime membership. You don't have to pay for the membership, just signup for the 7 day trial and cancel before the 7 days :D I am a 2 year prime so I am just going to go ahead and give Tera's beta a try. Not gonna hurt.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yes, one thing I noticed while watching TERA streams is that the armor looks amazing! nothing worse than wearing top tier gear and look like a clown (SWTOR).

EDIT: so guys, spill the beans, share you impressions from the beta.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012

16. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I am at work right now and will probably play it after finishing my research paper. There are tons of beta videos out already. Some races look too Asian, but I guess you can take that out through character customization. Hope it's a good mmo.

17. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    Liked the beta. So much that I stopped after about 10 levels or so, not wanting to spoil it for the full version (considering you can't continue level progress).

It does look and feel a lot like Aion, just with different fighting.

I am liking the hack and slash type gameplay of my dual-sword character but the response time does feel a bit slow. Maybe it was the server but it just didn't feel instant like a typical (offline, single player) hack and slash type game.

And i'll have to work out if you can lock onto a target, because without it the dive/dodge seems to go in any direction, pushing you too far away from the enemy.

Not loving the UI, seems too big and cluttered (you can adjust it).

But overal, enjoyable enough to make me pre-order for sure.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I was wondering how you heal when you can't target people? Or range dps.

19. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Where did the half naked little girls go?...

anyways I played the Korean version of this and liked it a lot, but not sure I want to play though it all again in English...hmm maybe I will.No doubt they have added more content by now?

20. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Played for like 10 mins as a warrior. I like the combat, a lot! It's very different. It's like Bayonetta and other games like DMC. You actually have to aim at the enemy if you want him/her to get hit. Pretty kewl.

The intro lip syncing was extremely off. Could tell that the lips were suppose to sync with Korean version. They did say that they are going to fix that so not that worried.

Picked 2-3 quests, didn't read through them so really have no idea about how good/bad the story might be.

Art styled is very nice!---- But, there are invisible walls toward places that you want to go to(Like the place in the background at the starting zone).

This one is a BIG ONE. The game runs amazingly smooth, but it's unreal engine so I sort of knew that. The chat channel is swarmed with people chattering, mainly about how bad swtor is in comparison LOL

EDIT: Story is ****!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012