1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System Shock 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 8, 2015.

1. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB ❤ 144hz
    System Shock 3 is a game they can't afford to screw up, but thankfully Starbreeze is out of the picture.

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    remake is also coming

ramthegamer and cerebus23 like this.
  3. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480 8GB
    I have high hopes for this. This time it seems that the enemies are a bit more aggressive, I sort of even hope that some other AI will overwrite Shodan and see itself as something better, an evolved version of it perhaps.
    "the many sings to us.."

The Crysis engine has never really performed that well in indoor settings but the devs demonstrated that it could be used very well in Prey, which was made by many members of the old SS2 team.

4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970

5. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    We'll see. They sure have big shoes to fill...

cerebus23 likes this.
  6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Looks cool... I remember seeing the ladies head in lots of gaming magazines but I've never played the original.

7. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    I fear it's gonna be a dumbed down console port, like most games. The original was a computer game, not just a video game. I don't think this is what we're getting here. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Witcher29 likes this.
  8. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    That's assuming they'll actually get to a release state. Underworld Ascendant still isn't even good enough for an open Beta...

Those are reviews written last week for a game that was released nearly a year ago...and apparently already received 4 major patches.

9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    either way look at the excited people.

i got ss and ss2 enhanced on gog. i yet to play either though i did muck around in ss2 some kinda waiting on the remake.

modernizing some of the wonky out of the "old school" games is a good thing, the og ss2 the controls are what arrows and other stuff that would not fly today? i did try the og ss also gotten with gog and that is a chore to play with the ancient keyboard layout.

you can make the dumbing down optional also by say making a map hud optional, or markers, some love this option it rewards exploration make games longer when your not following waypoints all the time. be creative have the ai mess with you randomyl giving you maps and taking them away as part of the gameplay.

think outside the box if you really want to push any kind of innovation today, shy of some giant leap in AI that blows our ape minds, which is not going to happen until we see quantum computing and then odds are we will have to really work to handicap the AI vs the apes. ;p