System requirements for Microsoft Windows 11 remain unchanged

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    This is essential to the business and political plans of the people in the billionaires club.
    Great for them, not so great for the rest of us.

When they talk of providing "Security", they mean taking control.
    When they talk of being "Secure", they mean being locked down.

The days of people being able to do what we want on our pc's and also be part of normal society are numbered.

You will be ostracised from Windows if your hardware does not conform.
    Now where have I heard that kind of rhetoric before ? Sounds all too familiar doesn't it.

itpro, DanielRX, Keitosha and 4 others like this.
  3. Excalibur1814

Excalibur1814 Active Member

GPU:
    1660ti
    Sometimes, you have to let go of the old kit. Heck, Apple's done it and no-one barely batted an eyelid.

P.s. The post above mine is a bit insane.

4. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    Might be but it does have a core of truth, we’re slowly but surely getting less control over our hardware and OS.

The same is happening with extensive online tracking sometimes even it’s even hardcoded (cough Android).

The law really needs to lay down some hard ground rules about what is deemed acceptable and what is a downright invasion of privacy and personal freedom. Otherwise the big tech companies will just run rampant and do experiments in whatever way they see fit.

DanielRX and GoldenTiger like this.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  6. nosirrahx

nosirrahx Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7700
    There are reports that support is being added for X299 CPUs.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    So Intel 7gen and first gen ryzen are still not supported?

8. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    For now the Ryzen 1000 AF are eligible...
    Logical as they are Ryzen 2000, but comming from M$ it could have been logical to block them too ( so you could get a crap Surface from them lol ).
    I think they haven't understand why TPM and secure boot were a fail on Windows 10 for main consumer: Most of them live with below 1000 Euro by month, and just cannot get a bran new PC when M$ want it (lot of people still use 775 or AM3 machine)...
    The good point is that they will think "other OS"... when you can't change your old hardware, sometime linux can save your digital life :)

9. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Yes and No, as Apple really help the transition, when M$ doesn't care.
    Since i have my M1 i am really surprised about Apple: Yes it is expensive for what you get, but the company really help user to pass from X86 to M1, i wasn't exepted that from them.

10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Also convenient for MS that upgraded systems require new licenses therefore will generate big profit gains from 11.

11. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Wrong, but anyway, there are other OS options including one from MS.

So you really think that those consumers need Windows 11 to get on with their lives?

Is anyone even using Windows 10 on such ancient hardware?

A lot of people are disillusioned if they think that they really need the latest OS from Microsoft to continue with what they do on their PC's.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    so despite countless people say and proven it can be installed on system not "meeting" requirements , they still sticking to there guns? I expect nothing less from MS in PC world. will see how this plays out. as it stand i not even going to build a new pc anytime soon if ever if prices keep going stupid

MS logic it free to upgrade to 11
    System must 8th gen intel and what ever amd equivalently is to get free upgrade other wise you need new HW which make not free

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    It is indeed a free upgrade, although I consider going for W10 21H2 instead, it will get the most important features too.

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Concave to the "free" is most people cant get it for free cause they being told they need new hardware when they dont it all ready been proven older system then there "requirements" can install and RUN win 11 so there "requirements" are not hardware related but softlocks , There are WAY WAY more system out there that below "requirements" then above it so does that really make it "free" to most people? It like saying you can have you cake but you can eat it.

Like I said we all gona see how pans out. as it stand i will stay on win10 till my system dies or can no longer play the pc games i play. maybe I Will make new pc at that point maybe I wont. Last 5+ years I been think I should just switch to Consoles less headache and less i have to deal with MS crap special there updates that dont "cause" issues

MS is gona do what gona do in PC world they have complete monopoly when it comes to PC cause they all run windows OS in some way. as such not suprised by what they do anymore either in PC side of things.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  15. AkiraLeir

AkiraLeir Member

GPU:
    RX5500 XT
    I'm not letting go of my 6700K, M$.

itpro, DanielRX, Skylinestar and 4 others like this.

16. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    this will be another Windows 8 release flop....7 for the win then....10 for the win now.

DannyD and Keitosha like this.
  17. erazerswe

erazerswe Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3060
    Well yes, my old Phenom II 1055T (6 core) is running Windows 10 without issues, i just use it as a streaming/sharing-machine though

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  18. DangerousQQ

DangerousQQ Guest

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Gaming Z
    This is quite frankly a crock. MS need to get a grip...forcing people to get rid of perfectly serviceable electronic equipment is a crime and a waste of limited natural resources. None of my 4 PCs will support Windows 11, all run win 10 perfectly without issue. My newest PC is a HP Spectre Laptop, this wasnt cheap its not that old but has a 7th gen Intel with no TMP2.0, its powerful and does everything I want it to do beautifully. Why would I ever bother ditching it just to get Windows 11. Class lawsuit needed I think, lets face it MS have too much money.

Cave Waverider likes this.
  19. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    As long as Windows 10 gets updated for DirectStorage and the improvements made for remembering multi monitor window positions I'd be happy with 10 for a while. Can't be bothered with 11's taskbar and settings.

Airbud likes this.
  20. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    yea, windows 10 will be for a lot longer now.

theoneofgod likes this.