System Crash During Xfi Install

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Snoodles, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Snoodles

Snoodles Active Member

GPU:
    Vapor-X HD5770 1GB X-fire
    I just got a used xfi xtremegamer card today. Physically uninstalled my audigy 2 card, then uninstalled all the drivers for it. When I tried to install the drivers for the xfi card in windows(win 7 x64), it got so for and then blue screened on me.

Fair enough, I rebooted and tried uninstalling/reinstalling again. This time I got a BSOD and then windows failed to start past the opening splash screen. I restarted the system again and things got a little weirder. The POST screen hung and was visually corrupted on my monitor. Restarted again. I got into windows and BSOD'ed. I tried multiple versions of the official xfi drivers, I even uninstalled the little bits and pieces of nonplug and play drivers from the hidden driver menu in device manager. Nothing could keep the system stable. Regardless I cant imagine anything other than hardware failure causing a failed POST.

Short question to a long post: Has anyone encountered a similar issue with running the hardware at right with a xfi card? I am just trying to cover my bases before sending the card back for a return.

2. Snoodles

Snoodles Active Member

GPU:
    I found the way to fix the crashes. Return the Xfi card and get a Xonar DX.

Case closed.

3. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Good advice.

4. gurusan

gurusan Master Guru

GPU:
    5850 @ 1000MHz
    Try another PCI slot.

5. spiritbreaker

spiritbreaker Member

GPU:
    ati6870 w gtx275(physx)
    yeah i had faced this bsod issue with my xtreme gamer when i tried 2 install old xtreme music's drivers.so tried 2 install the driver from the cd .this solved the case of bsod for me in xp and vista but not in win 7 as driver from the cd didnt have support for win 7.so downloaded latest driver of xtreme gamer (SPXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0013) and now prob of blue screen 4 sound card is solved

6. Snoodles

Snoodles Active Member

GPU:
    The Xonar DX is working so much better for me. No more driver issues and it uses alot less resources than the drivers/software that creative run does.
    And, of course, the sound is stellar, which is important. =)