1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System Clock Plug-in

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by McLMan, Nov 10, 2008.

1. McLMan

McLMan New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS (G92) 512 Kb
    I've been using RT for a while and although I started out slow, with the help of the guides and a lot of lurking here I'm gradually getting deeper into all of the things it can do. It would be cool if somebody could make a plug-in that would show the system clock in the OSD. Sometimes while gaming I lose track of the time and it would be a lot better to check the time by using my OSD hotkey rather than Alt-Tabbing.

2. McLMan

McLMan New Member

GPU:
    I'd do it myself if I knew where to start. Any tutorials for making plug-ins?

3. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Start off by reading SDK.chm that comes with RT.

4. fgw

fgw Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX Lightning
    try this plugin: clock.dll

its a very quick and limited solution i just created but at least allows you to display hours and minutes. the plugin supports 24 hours format. have not tested 12hours format.

copy clock.dll into yout rt plugins folder. the correct path may differ depending on the windows and rt versions you have installed. its C:\Program Files\RivaTuner v2.09\PlugIns\Monitoring on my system here. finally, enable clock.dll under plugins in hw monitor.

you could see a new graph in hw monitor reporting local time as its value. you should be able to display this in OSD.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008

5. McLMan

McLMan New Member

GPU:
    Wow! Thank you very much. Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much.

6. silent_20

silent_20 New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800gt 512mb
    Can some upload this file again. I think this is the same thing that I'm looking for.
    Thanks

7. Fleabr

Fleabr New Member

GPU:
    HD 4870 512MB
    I second that, would be very useful, I tried using Xfire but it's glitchy with some games.

PS: That download link has expired

8. fgw

fgw Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX Lightning
    ok guys,

you can find it here: Clock.dll

9. silent_20

silent_20 New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800gt 512mb
    Thanks thats just what I wanted.

10. Fleabr

Fleabr New Member

GPU:
    HD 4870 512MB
    Thank you, I had already given up, just saw the post today :)

11. Lun@ticFringe

Lun@ticFringe Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX295
    Been looking for ever for this...any chance of getting a 12 hour version?

12. Ignotus

Ignotus New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT
    What are the chances of someone modifying this dll file or creating a new one that would work like the option to show system time in MSI Afterburner? The system time in Afterburner is shown with colons that separate the hours:minutes:seconds (1:46:17) while the clock.dll plugin shows it as hoursminutesseconds like 14617, which isn't as user friendly. I don't know the first thing about creating dll files or disassembling them, or I would look into it myself. This is the only clock or system time plugin that I've been able to find for Rivatuner Statistics Server. Either way, I appreciate fgw creating this plugin even in it's current state; it's better than nothing. :)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  13. fgw

fgw Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX Lightning
    afaik, this cant be done in rt statistic server. the format to display anything in osd is hardcoded to decimal values with on digit after comma.
    the only thing i can do would to add three values like hour, minute and second and display it like this:

Time : HH.0 MM.0 SS.0

there is no way to get rid of the trailing ".0" here, or to insert separation characters like ":".

to achieve a different format, statistic server code needs to be changed...

14. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Wrong. Statistics server is a passive thing able to display any text in any format. Approach of wrapping time into traditional hardware monitoring graph and hardware monitoing plugin is the thing that needs to be changed. Peek into SDK and into RTSSSharedMemorySample. It is a separate applcation which displays system time just like Afterburner.

15. fgw

fgw Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX Lightning
    thanks for pointing me into this direction! will look into this ...

16. Ignotus

Ignotus New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT
    I was going to say that I'm fairly sure that Afterburner uses the same RTSS as Rivatuner and it displays correctly when using Afterburner. I'd stick with Afterburner, but I prefer RT's fan control, specifically the ability to increase the fan speed when a 3D app is detected vs Afterburner's only being able to adjust fan speed based on card temp. With Afterburner, I find my fan adjusts too frequently when the temp is hovering around 59-61 for example. With RT, it runs at 70% duty cycle when a game is in the foreground regardless of the temp. I digress though.

RTSS shows time as HH:MM:SS when you check the box in Afterburner to show system time, so I was pretty sure it could be done somehow. I still appreciate the effort made by fgw. Like I said, it's better than nothing at all. It sounds like fgw is correct when displaying system time as a hardware monitoring plugin, but apparently there is a better way to do it. Hopefully someone will take the time to figure that out. Maybe "show system time" will be coded into RT 2.25 or a newer version RTSS. Regardless, thanks to everyone for what's been done so far and good luck figuring it out fgw. Thanks for taking the time to look into it.

17. Unwinder

Wrong. Afterburner allows you to assign 2 different fan profiles for 2D and 3D modes via the <Profiles> tab. It is 100% equal to programming fan profile changes via <Hardware acceleration> graph events in RT.

18. Ignotus

Ignotus New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT
    Ah, I'm glad I got sidetracked in my previous post. I poked around a little more and figured it out based on what you said. I was able to set up a profile with the fan speed at 40% in 2D and another with fan speed at 70% with a 3D app running. I'll probably stick with Afterburner now, but I'll certainly check out the RT 2.25 change-log whenever it becomes available. Thanks again!

19. deton24

deton24 New Member

GPU:
    bit outdated
    I added it to current MSI AfterBurner version, but it only shows some constalntly changing 4 digits value which is not a time.

Any chances for working plugin?
    None of attached plugins in AB has this function... HWInfo, AIDA64 neither. And nothing in RTSS settings.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  20. Unwinder

Plain wrong. AB doesn’t even need a plugin fir that.