System Build.. Yea i know.. yet another one.. But required :(

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by saveus222, Jun 15, 2008.

1. saveus222

saveus222 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD2600XT GDDR3 256MB
    Hi Guys,

I did enough and more reviews and finally decided on a system build. but unfortunately.. i found out that the board i wanted to use.. the Evga 750i SLI FTW was flawed..:bang: with the video corruption issues. now since i need this system for professional video editing applications and stuff.. its a shame i cant now buy that motherboard. and i need to build this system quickly so can someone suggest the ideal setup for these requirements. my budget is abt 2300 USD tops.. also.. is ATI better for video encoding and editing or Nvidia. last i heard UVD was better than PureVideo.. Thanks.. also. im gonna be overclocking.. no extremes but just on air and probably wont be using an aftermarket cooler.. :)

2. PhonyEye

PhonyEye Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970
    If youre not going to SLI, go for Intel's x48 or P45 chipsets and not Nvidia's - they truly suck IMO.

Don't pick AMD as a processor, Get a Quad core and not a Dual core.

with so much money you can pick just the best stuff...

3. saveus222

saveus222 Member

GPU:
    Thanks.. ive put this config down..

Intel Quad Core Q9300
    Gigabyte GA X38 DQ6/Abit IP35 Pro (Hows the Abit IX38 Quad GT)
    Corsair Twin2X4096C4DHX
    Coolermaster Real Power Pro 550
    Coolermaster CM 690
    XFX 8800GT / Should I go for Sapphire HD 3870 (whis is better for video editing)

4. PhonyEye

PhonyEye Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970

5. scottyg2

scottyg2 Master Guru

GPU:
    hd4850 cf
    your budget is 2300 and you dont want to shell out $50~ on an air cooler? :3eyes:

6. saveus222

saveus222 Member

GPU:
    hah.. the issue is aftermarket coolers available where i stay are not really good (i stay in India btw) and i cant really import it from somwhere can I... also..im trying to keep the power requirements down... coz these systems will run for a long long time at a stretch.. media encoding and stuff.. so what i meant was.. i wont go overclocking to the extent of needing aftermarket coolers :) but if its necesssary i will get them :)

@phonyeye... i just read that Graphics processors have absolutely no effect on video editing as they are not involved in the encoding at all.. just the decoding.. which is pretty sad and i wonder why it is so.. thanks for the link though :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008