Syndicate remake in the works!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, May 26, 2011.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Same issue as that FXAA injector, you need to move the shader files to \Syndicate\ and let the D3D9.dll file and ini file be in the same folder with the exe file, log.txt is pretty clear about it. :)

2. S†v0r

S†v0r Banned

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    ok thanks, im gonna try something later :)

3. zhengzhoudave

zhengzhoudave Master Guru

GPU:
    4GB EVGA GTX680 FTW 2xSLI
    Kingdoms of Amalur has a f'tonne of button slamming and I'd call it a pc first game, even though I'm well aware it just isn't

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Cheers for the video Damien_Azreal, actually looks ok, if it's on sale in the future i might consider it.

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i bought it on deal today..and not a bad game man...but if u still consider indeed.

and will test SWEETFX just now :)

edit: game wont start :(. it keeps saying syndicate stopped..damn man..whyyy

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i normally dont mind console FOVs, but this is disturbing. anyone knows any FOV fix for this game pls?

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    ^
    did you split SMAA files, 2-3 need to be in base directory and 2 in exe directory.

I think d3d9.dll and injector.ini by exe; other files SweetFX folder, SweetFX_settings.txt, SweetFX_present.txt and d3d9.fx in main folder.. or something like that, but i know you must split to make it work..

Dunno about FOV though, you can try downsampling to get bigger fov at higher resolution. :)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    in Sweetfx topic, whitelightning explained that but it also not working. i mean game crashes . thanx for the info and interest mate :)

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    ^THIS works man... :)

i put d3d9.dll and injector.ini by exe

and put rest both to the game main folder and an UP folder of the EXE folder ..works great. thank u alot :D

10. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Picked this up the other day and I'm kind of surprised at the reception it received. It's like a mix of new Deus Ex, Mirror's Edge, Singularity and one of my all time fave fps titles Chaser.

Really enjoy the combat as it is the combat is not all floaty like it was in the Riddick titles which I found extremely off putting at the time. I've only played about an hour or so but I think it's rather good indeed so far.

I know it's not the Syndicate remake everyone truly wanted but if you can overlook that single fact and look at it is a new fps IP I think it's very solid.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    The overuse of bloom did it for me. I couldn't finish the game and that's pretty rare.

12. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Strangely I must admit actually quite like the bloom as it reminds me a lot of another fps title from back in the day I forgot to mention called Project Snowblind. That game was bloomed to hell and back but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

13. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
  14. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
  15. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    Do check it out, you'll have a better time with it than the new Metro game hee hee.

It did disappear almost without trace so there was no official fixes for some of the problems it had on the pc. However there is a FOV fix now out for it http://www.mediafire.com/?ukags73d40zfia1 which you need 7-zip to unpack without errors and also you have to turn off v-sync in the games menu to avoid mouse-lag and that's it. Some people complained about excessive bloom in the game but I think they were just over-moaning if that's a sensible phrase.

If you're happy with all that then you can probably pick it up for next to nothing now, I'm not sure if it is or was ever available to buy digitally mind as I have a disc copy.

Cheers!

EDIT : Of course it's available for download on Origin as it's EA published. You'd get it cheaper from an online retailer though.

Last edited: May 16, 2013

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    It's a fun game.
    Combat can be a little off at times, but mostly it's fun. And the story pretty much goes nowhere... but again, it's fun.

Other then some ungodly annoying bloom, it's a great looking shooter.

17. AcceleratorX

AcceleratorX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti OC
    They overdid the Beast global illumination. The graphics are good, the game is okay. The first levels suck. The end is fine, but like the previous poster said, the story pretty much goes nowhere.

18. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    And the voice of Michael Wincott...

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/20/syndicate-sucessor-heading-to-kickstarter-this-month-rumour/