Switchable graphics w/o Leshcat

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by iBen95111, Jun 28, 2012.

1. popeye

popeye Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 730M
    Does that mean Intel CPUs also?

2. mtbizzle

mtbizzle New Member

GPU:
    ATi M radeon hd 5730
    Wait, AMD is going to start giving switchable setups driver support?

And yeah, trust me, I feel ya popeye. I know how to navigate PCs, but am not good at the more technical stuff, and it took me probably 5-6 hours to figure this driver crap out. And it STILL doesn't work for sheiss. May have just wasted $48...

3. leshcat

leshcat Member

GPU:
    AMD 6770
    how comes you lost 48$?

4. mtbizzle

mtbizzle New Member

GPU:
    ATi M radeon hd 5730
    Battlefield 3 premium edition was $48

5. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Member Guru

GPU:
    7970M
    Yes that means Intel too.

6. sherrypizza

sherrypizza Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6990M 2GB
    I got LESHCAT's 12.8 on my Alienware M17x R3 6990m and switchable working as well, since I failed to install 12.8 on 6990m switchable before, his exe worked.

7. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    The card being supported only means that it is supported as a single card in a machine with an AMD CPU. It does not mean it is supported in a switchable Intel/AMD configuration.

8. Mad<>Max

Mad<>Max Member

GPU:
    Ati Mobility Radeon 4670
    I was hoping maybe you have a working solution for switchable AMD-Intel coproduction, that works on a clean install.
    I've started a couple of days ago a new thread with my Aspire 8935G, where you though it might have been an overheating issue, but maybe a working solution from point blank would suit me better. Sometime I find it easier to reinstall the OS than to fiddle around with drivers.

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670 and an Intel 4 Series video card/chip.

I have just noticed, that popeye said in an earlier post, that the BIOS is critical on laptops with switchable graphics? Why is that so?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012