SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    People have been making videos with dxtory and FXAAtool, so dxtory should work with SweetFX as well.

PlayClaw also works.

Do post links to your videos - that would be great.

2. alientorni

alientorni Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 5770 (bios6770) Hawk
    every day we are closer to "before monday". i can't wait! ^^

3. lycanwrath

lycanwrath Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 280X DirectCU II
    One of the things that BF3 players complain about the most is the "blue tint"
    How can we go about fixing that with SweetFX? :)

4. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
    Isnt that being caused by the tonemap ?

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GX980Ti Amp!Extreme
    I noticed this effect only with ingame post process AA (any value), Crysis2 has it really bad.

6. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
    the blue tint comes from the settings of tonemap and or technicolor..
    If u set up the settings right u wont have the blue tint..i dont use tonemap or technicolor atm, so i dont have this prob...but u can make teh blue go away with the right settings..

Also, im sorry i didnt had teh chance to post teh screens with all teh effects yet, but im still on the way home, lol..A friend of mine had Birthday and we are totaly Screwed, haha...

But ill do the pics, so we can represent each effect with a screen..

What game should i use for it?

-BetA-

EDIT..

i also would like to introduce my Torchlight 2 SweetFX Settings..
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reduces that Foggy screen allmost complete, adds a little more color, sharpen and an HDR effect..Took me allmost 2 hours to finetune all this..But now i also know where the Zero values are..

Anyway, see for yourself..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Settings are as followed:

This is not my Final settings for torchlight 2, still gonna edit it some more...

Greetz

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  7. Blood487

Blood487 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Direct CUII 580(SLI)
    Nice settings BetA!

They look great on Torchlight!

Mind posting your new settings once you fine tune them some more?

Good job!

8. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Nice tool.
    Haven't used it, but might use it in the future.

I vote sticky.

9. mypc

mypc Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTS 250
    it would be easier if ceejay.dk going to work on GUI at some early point the gui is going to make easier to settings

10. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
    greetz

11. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    Well looks like it just changes colors to me. Or do I miss something?

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    @ BetA

why did you chose this at 0?

#define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 20 // [0-100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners.

Isn't it better if its higher? Cornered object (sculpture, etc) get better AA?

13. shankly1985

shankly1985 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 + Corsair HG10
    Bf3 fails to load when using sweetFX :( Game loads map up fine with Fxaa injector.
    Anyone else managed to get BF3 load up?

14. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz

well...on some games yes, on other no..in BF3. its better to set 0..

U can see the difference in TEXT or at power lines and stuff ingame..these lines get even thinner with it on..
    and text gets, well..imagine the "T" now, on each end round the corner..the letter will get thinner and strange..so for text its bad..i liek it more sharper on edges..

ALso it looks strange when all teh lines get thinnner in bf3..

im gonna make screens also about this later..so u see what i mean..

Here is teh text.. see how the B of Beta and the others get rounded and strange...

NO CORNER ROUNDING

[​IMG]

CORNER ROUNDING @ 25

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  15. mypc

mypc Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTS 250
    beta can you post borderlands 2 with sweetfx settings and i really want to see technicolor effects in games

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Ok thanks for the info :)

17. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    In tonemap try these settings :

#define Defog 0.010 //How much of the color tint to remove
    #define FogColor float3(0.00, 0.00, 2.55) //what color to remove

Basically Defog removes the color set in FogColor by the amount set in Defog
    It uses a 0 - 2.55 range where other programs normally uses a 0 - 255 range.

It's a little confusing and I'm considering changing it to use the more normal RGB range that people are used to.

The colors are like with all other programs Red , Green and Blue, so a setting of 0.00,0.00,2.55 means no red, no green, max blue = the most blue color you can make.
    Defog 0.010 removes just a little bit.

In a future release I want to try to make white balancing (removing color tints) easier, but the Defog functionality works for now.

18. PandaSushi

PandaSushi Member

GPU:
    GTX 780
    @CeeJay.dk
    Thanks for the information on trying to remove the blue tint from bf3 but the values you supplied cause an error with the injector,these values seem to work.

#define Defog -0.015
    #define FogColor float4( 2.55, 0, 0, 0)

Also i've been trying to disable smaa with "#define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 0" but it is still on ingame,is their a work around to disable smaa in dx11 games by editing the post.h or dxgi.fx files?

19. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    SweetFX 1.2 Preview

It's way to late and I need to get some sleep, but I'm close to releasing 1.2.

Here is a preview version.

It's not quite polished yet.
    There some problem with paths with the additional hotkey support and the script I wrote to change the SweetFX_preset.txt file keeps stealing focus from the game and returns the player to the desktop.
    I also need to do more testing to ensure I haven't broken anything and I need to retweak the settings for a few of the effects.

What's new (so far - I'll do a real changelog later):
    I've gone over all the shaders I inherited from FXAAtool to see if I couldn't gain a little performance by optimizing some of the code.
    For Bloom and HDR there were no real performance gains .. these are severely bottlenecked by the large number of texture samples they use and they will need a major if not complete rewrite gain any performance.
    But I did manage to squeeze a little bit of extra performance out of Technicolor, Tonemap, Sepia, Vignette and Dither.
    I also cleaned up the code a bit.

It's not major - a few percent here and there, but I feel better about the code now that I have gone it over.

As I mentioned in an earlier post I've fixed a rounding problem with the Dither shader on AMD hardware and even managed to make it very slightly faster.

I've also changed the Vignette from subtracting from the color to dividing the color by the vignette. This changes how the vignette darkens the edges. This way looks more natural I think.
    I will need to retweak its settings though now that I have changed the code.

There is also a first version of a new shader that gives a DPX / Cineon - old movie look .. or at least it should. I need to find some good settings for it and that will be a lot of trial and error. If you want to help out and play around with settings for it, I would certainly welcome it.
    The shader was made by Loadus and he describes it here - which should give you an idea of what it's supposed to look like.

EDIT: I've also added a few presets and a game compability list - that needs to be expanded.. please report any games that need special attention so I can include them here.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  20. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Ah .. yes - I copied that part from the SweetFX 1.2 code I'm working on, and in that I no longer use a float4 to adjust red,green,blue and alpha - I've simplified it and use a float3 because I have no need to change the alpha channel.

You did it slightly differently I see .. instead of removing blue you added red - I guess that works too.

Not being able to switch off SMAA in DX10/11 is laziness on my side - I wanted to get 1.0 out the door quickly and released it like that without writing a new vertex shader and a new pixel shader function to support that.

I guess you could change dxgi.fx for a quick fix.

I'm on WinXP right now so I can't test the DX10/11 code but try changing the DX10_SMAANeighborhoodBlendingPS function so instead of :

Code:
        float4 SMAAoutput = SMAANeighborhoodBlendingPS(texcoord, offset, colorTex, blendTex);
    it would say :
    Code:
        float4 SMAAoutput = myTex2D(s0, texcoord);
    I'll try and remember to write a support function to disable SMAA correctly for version 1.3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.