SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #5

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by CeeJay.dk, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Illyrian

Illyrian Master Guru

GPU:
    2080 Super
    So which one of these types of tools actually works with Windows 10 without issues like bad performance or just not working ??

ReShade, MasterEffect, SweetFX.... ???

I'm a bit confused could appreciate the help, I've been doing SweetFX for many years, and now all these other ones popped up I don't know why

2. padolamap

padolamap Member

GPU:
    ATI RANDEON 6990 4GB
    this filter in fsx

3. Teisco

Teisco Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    Not understanding,,filter in FSX?

4. padolamap

padolamap Member

GPU:
    ATI RANDEON 6990 4GB
    [​IMG]
    If you have to select whether or not the filter active in FSX, this under where you select whether you want trilinear, anisotropic.
    this is what I achieved

5. Violins77

Violins77 Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 670 (TOP Bios)
    Hi guys. Long running fans of Sweet FX here. I would just like to ask since I couldn't find anything on internet anywhere. Does anyone know of any shader suites with HQ4X that works with SweetFX? It is a filter that is ridiculously cool for 2D games, and it exists on pretty much all emulators. Would it be hard to implement with Sweet FX, or is there some reason there are none at the moment?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hqx

This link contains more info on this filter.

Best regards and keep up the good work!

6. Dweeb

Dweeb Member

GPU:
    GTX680 4gb
    I just got Metal Gear Solid 5 and as usual it appears that SweetFX isn't about to work with Windows 10 for DX11/64bit games. Reshade also doesn't work with this particular game at all, similarly to it's demo.

Am I completely SOL outside of RadeonPro? RP works but I can't refresh my settings which makes tweaking a preset a complete nightmare. For Ground Zeroes, the demo to this game, I used eFX from Crosire but even that doesn't work for MGS5 proper.

7. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Already done in ReShade :)

http://reshade.me/forum/shader-suggestions/732-hqx-and-median-filters?start=6

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    I was already wondering why there weren't any presets on sfx.thelazy website. :(

For Mad Max theres only one wich is weird too as it's a popular new game.

9. Violins77

Violins77 Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 670 (TOP Bios)
    Awesome! I read the thread, it seems to be in beta now, but is there any intention of putting it into SweetFX? I'm only asking because I don't mind other shaders, but I'm so use to tweak SweetFX to my liking and know my range really well. I prefer to stick with this system than to learn by experimenting again...

10. Personectomy

Personectomy New Member

GPU:
    8gb Corsair Vengeance
    I had this same attitude for the longest time; after my initial bamboozlement with the framework mediator tool, I tossed it in the folder in my brain labelled "ORIMS: Obtuse Ridiculousness Incompatible with My Sanity" I was content to remain mired in a swamp of CFGs sprawled in a desktop deluge of notepads.

I decided to give it another shot a couple of weeks ago and the light went on. It is so much easier now that I find myself experimenting with new shaders and new values all the time because the threshold of effort is so much lower.

TLDR: Mediator tool + little bit of patience = totally worth it

11. dieandromeda

dieandromeda Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti Xtreme WF
    sweetfx 1.4 work fine in windows10 but not all games re compatible

12. Violins77

Violins77 Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 670 (TOP Bios)
    Well, I read your post multiple times, but I don't even understand what it means. I do not know what is mediator tool, and even less how import new shaders. What I would really like (if possible), is for someone to program a SweetFX 2.0 suit with a value that can be set for HQ4X. But right now, I have too many other things to work on :)

13. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    Sorry for being ignorant but I have a question sinec I've not been following post processing news for last 6 months or so.

Since amd drivers got updated with downsampling, I can now use downsampling there... in a limited way to gedosato. but thats not the point.

Whats the situation now? Whats the best aa available ? Still just smaa via sweetfx ?
    Anyone have comparison to MLAA from amd drivers ?
    Actually since amd added framerate limiter, downsampling and MSAA I am too lazy to set proper sweetfx etc

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  14. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    How do I get the program to work ? I'm trying to use it in Trine 3 SMAA + FXAA for example . I tried the x32 and x64 bit files. I tried to choose some color shader or black and white to see if anything works when I click Scroll Lock, nothing changes.

I'm using SweeFX Configurator v1.3.3

This one works properly

ReShade 0.19.2 Public Beta with SweetFX 2.0 Beta 8

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  15. Koan

Koan New Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 Direct CU II
    How do we disable the alt key from enabling the DepthBuffer? Every time I press the alt key the whole screen goes black. I have bound alt to a vital part of the game, so now I have to press scroll lock each time I both press and release alt. I tried commenting out line 40 in KeyCodes.txt but it had no effect:
    Code:
    38   #define VK_SHIFT          0x10
    39   #define VK_CONTROL        0x11
    40 - #define VK_MENU           0x12
    40 + //#define VK_MENU         0x12
    41   #define VK_PAUSE          0x13
    42   #define VK_CAPITAL        0x14
    The only other solution I can think of is writing an autohotkey script that binds scroll lock to alt so it always disables SweetFX when I am holding alt, but I hate hackish solutions like that. Anyone have a clue how to disable this feature?

Using ReShade 0.10 + SweetFX, as required for MGS5: TPP.

16. hasty

hasty Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 670 Factory OC
    I heard something that you could get a VAC-ban in cs:go for using it?

17. aNoN_

aNoN_ Member

I'm having the exact same problem. I'm under Win 8.1 x64.

[​IMG]

I have the d3d11.dll file in both system32 and syswow64.
    DirectX is up to date.
    I tried updating DirectX End-User Runtimes.
    I tried using older sweetFX versions.
    I tried using Boulotaur's injector.
    I tried disable any overlays like fraps etc.
    I tried using the SweetFX configurator.

Nothing worked! :(

Anyone??

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  18. aNoN_

aNoN_ Member

Had the same problems bro. I had to try different things to get it working. But I finally got it working.

Try my sweetFX files: http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/pXfOnkbq/file.html

I hope they work for you too.

19. seizetheday4eva

seizetheday4eva Member

GPU:
    Geforce 680 4GB GTX
    New to sweetfx, help for Fallout 4 please

Hello Everyone i'm totally new to Sweet Fx but after seeing the preset for Fallout 4 i'm going to give it a try.

Just i'm confused on something, if i download and install the Configurator with SweetFX 1.5.1 can i then just add the preset from here for Fallout 4...

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/4648/

The one thing i've noticed is that this guy is using Shader Sweetfx 2.0 and that above the one that works with the Configurator is 1.5.1.

Does this mean i can't use the Congigurator and should just download everything manually i.e. download the Sweetfx 2.0 Beta 8?

CONFUSED, please help a newbie get on his feet

Another question does everyone still use Congigurator or has everyone moved to RESHADE? ...

http://reshade.me/

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  20. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    After seeing TAA in Fallout 4... what is it? Can we have it in sweetfx ?