SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #5

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by CeeJay.dk, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Bobert13

Bobert13 Member

GPU:
    GTX 560 TI - 1GB
    There are some single player games that require network access (or lock features if not connected to the network). Could these possibly be detected as multiplayer falsely by ReShade? Simcity4 and Anno 2070 are at least two of the games I know of that do this.

2. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    That's taken into account. Tested with WarThunder and depth is granted when doing a test flight or in the main menu (although there is some network activity there), but disabled as soon as one joins a multiplayer match.

3. Wicked_Sick

Wicked_Sick Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 480
    "Expect news soon"

I am always expecting haha

EDIT:

I was here thinking and found myself in doubt. Reshade is going to feature this auto on and off switch when online. As I understand, we may have a last version of our loved SFX, right? If so, will it, with it's new features Pre-Reashade, also endanger us online since I believe it may lack this auto on-off switch?
    Will one be safe using it when playing Dark Souls 2? xD

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  4. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I use SweetFX when I play Fifa (Online and Offline)... Makes the game look a lot sharper, decreases motion blur, and brings colours (colors) out. Not every online game can be exploited via SweetFX, in fact I didn't even know people exploited online games using SweetFX.

Look at the end of the day, if someone was going to exploit a game, wouldn't SweetFX be their last resort? I mean isn't there other ways which will allow them to exploit the game?

It's unfair to the 99% of people who genuinely don't use SweetFX to exploit games. Ah well, I guess I just have to play Fifa Online without SweetFX.

Either way, I can't wait for an update, especially for 64Bit DX11 Games. I'm sure it'll be released when its ready. Hope everything is going smoothly, and I'm glad to see this project has been brought back to life.

5. Bobert13

Bobert13 Member

GPU:
    GTX 560 TI - 1GB
    :knock:ReShade will not be turning everything off when online play is detected... Only access to the Depth buffer and presumably any effects that require it (SSAO, Real DoF, etc.).

6. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    :banana::banana::banana:

7. shadow85

shadow85 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 STRIX OC (SLi)
    hey guys, can someone please tell me or link me to how i can get Watch Dogs to use sweetFX in windows 8.1 x64. I have tried many things and it doesnt seem to be working :(

8. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -

All the color correction, sharperning etc. stuff you can achieve with SweetFX today is still available regardless of the game being in single- or multiplayer. ReShade only disables some of the more advanced features that are unique to ReShade (like generic depthbuffer access), because they have a higher risk of being exploited. So don't worry.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  9. Wicked_Sick

GPU:
    GTX 480
  10. Lushfa

Lushfa Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 570 1280
    Hey Crosire,

I just recently saw in the source code of GeDoSaTo that Boulotaur2024 implemented a generic depth buffer one or two month ago. Did he -by any chance- become a new member of reShade or are those not related?

11. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    No those are not related, was nice to see some activity of him again though. I saw the implementation in GeDoSaTo too (came up at the same time I was finishing mine), but the results weren't as satisfying as I wanted them to be (and it's done way more complicated then needed, replacing textures even if they don't necessarily need to be replaced and being restricted by the overall GeDoSaTo design, which has its pros, but also comes with a set of cons). Boulotaurs code helped me sorting out a bug I came across myself though =). And of course it has the unfortunate flaw of being D3D9 only, whereas ReShade handles D3D10/D3D11 plus OpenGL aswell.

Cheers =)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  12. Lushfa

Lushfa Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 570 1280
    Good, I am looking forward then to try reShade's implementation of that feature cause I couldn't get GeDoSaTo's generic depth buffer access working so far ...
    By the way, do you also provide an option again to wrap other injectors/wrappers such as GEMFX.

13. evo161

evo161 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4G
    I try take a screenshot on Far Cry 4 with SweetFX but its oly give .dds format , why ?

When I use sweetfx with efx , ss looks like this
    [​IMG]
    not true color in game

14. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 970
    Do you have any plans to add Asmodean's shader suite (the one that's included with GeDoSaTo)?

15. kgonepostl

kgonepostl Member

GPU:
    asus r9 290 dcu II
    Pardon me if this has been asked before, but does ReShade support DX 11.2?:)

16. Campacci2k

Campacci2k Active Member

GPU:
    R9 280X 3 GB
    Same problem here. :(

17. Psychor

Psychor Member

GPU:
    pc.thedigitalfoundry.com
    Nice! BTW, do you guys plan to add downsampling similar to what GeDoSaTo supports?

18. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    Not currently. The way ReShade dynamically hooks is rather advanced. It doesn't just wrap like others do, so it's way more complicated to add such an option.
    This may still be added in the future, but most wrappers do have such an option, so it's possible to chain them by moving ReShade to the end.

That's up to him. I'm just providing the tools, shaders can be provided by everyone (CeeJay, Marty, Asmodean, ...).

Yes.

Not right now, there's GeDoSaTo for that =)

19. Wicked_Sick

GPU:
    GTX 480
    But GeDoSaTo still does not support DX10 and 11, right?

20. BlondeAndBlue

BlondeAndBlue New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 680 Classified
    Ffxiv:arr

Afternoon, could anyone help me with this error?

After I try to boot the game a few times, it will load up finally and stop crashing, but it's obvious this file doesn't, as there is no CA present at all. I've obviously got something in the wrong place, but can't figure out what this error is wanting me to do.

I'm using Boulotaur's 1.5.1 release with CA. The ChromaticAbberication.h file is present in the SweetFx/Shaders location, as is SMAA_DX9.fx.

Also, if its any help, my resolution is 2560x1600, not 1920x1080.

I've tried to troubleshoot it myself, but not having a lot of luck, so I'm here to ask the pros :p

Edit: Solved. We were on the right track, it turns out some files were needed in another folder for everything to work correctly. We're working well now.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014