SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    Hey CeeJay, I have some questions regarding to the next SweetFX.

- What is the current status of debanding shader? I know that you were researching it also I asked the same question in the past and you have said that there were some technical limitations due to frame buffer etc. Some textures might have banding artifacts because of texture compression and I was wondering if debanding is doable at least in a pseudo level? (e.g. flash3kyuu_deband)
    - What is the current status of downsampling/upsampling support? Will it support various other algorithms such as catmull-rom, sinc, lanczos etc. I am a NVIDIA user hence I am able to use DSR but unfortunately it uses Gaussian algorithm for downsampling which is blurry as hell. GeDoSaTO is a nice alternative but currently it only supports DX9.
    - I don't know if anybody ever asked but can I buy you guys a beer when the ReShade comes out? I am talking about donations of course. Because you certainly deserve it. :)

2. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    You know you can turn the blur off by setting the "DSR Smoothness" option to 0% right?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  3. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    I know and I have already tried. But the result is not always perfect. When used with 4.00x (2160p) it is not that bad, but when used with other modes it is identical to nearest-neighbor algorithm. Which makes the text and other small details unrecognizable.

4. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    True, anything but 4.00x looks bad for me too. But I only care about 4.00x :p

5. ps2lingo

ps2lingo Guest

GPU:
    -
    1. Any chance to add Fake Fullscreen or full windowed borderless trought SWFX in next version?
    2. Any chance to inject Nvidia panel control values (brightness and gamma) via SWFX in next version?

Im asking this because I own a Nvidia card and it ignores the Nvidia panel control profile when playing fullscreen games. My monitor at 0 bright is too bright that make foggy effect to the game more visible at games on night, so I must use a fake fullscreen to make my nvidia panel to work well and calibrated. My nvidia panel setting are Brightness +32% and Gamma 1.42, so yeah this fix my monitor overbright and makes the game to look as intended.

Theres Nvidia Forum topic: https *SPACE* ://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/501853/geforce-drivers/nvidia-forever-ignoring-custom-color-profile-support-in-full-screen-games-collaboration-thread-/21/

I hope Nvidia fix this soon.
    Thanks.

6. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    hi guys

i need help plz

just today started to play Dark Souls II
    i used Gedosato and its ok
    but im trying to play Gedosato and sweetfx

its crashing in lounching

what to do?

7. fuc847

fuc847 Member

anyone successful with Sweetfx 1.5.1 64bit DLLs with Call of Duty Advanced Warfare?

I'm getting a black screen when in game. It DOES load and work fine at main menu.

i'm not using radeonpro

thanks!

8. Scarecrow7

Scarecrow7 Guest

GPU:
    HIS R9 280X / 3GB
    Use GeDoSaTo shaders instead.
    They are pretty much a straight port from SweetFX.

Or try setting interceptOnlySystemDlls to "true".
    This help me with ENB + Skyrim.

9. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    The new hotloading feature in Reshade is great.

You see Reshade no longer reloads the shaders or settings when you press the reload button - the reload button is gone - it no longer exists.
    Instead Reshade monitors the files for changes and automatically reloads them when they are changed.

This makes for some nice moments sometimes.

F.x I might have a demo running and looking at it when suddenly the effects change before my eyes because Crosire has decided to change something and because we sync files automatically with dropbox, the files on my end update when Crosire saves them and with the hotloading feature Reshade reloads and recompiles them as it happens so I can see the code developing right there in the demo. :)
    Everything is live .. (with a few seconds of delay)

Coding like this is possible because unlike InjectSMAA, Reshade doesn't crash when you make an error in the shader code. Instead it shows you the error message on screen (and in the log as usual) so you can see it and fix it right away.
    This makes it faster to develop for.
    It's little niceties like this that makes me love it.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  10. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    We added a little "juicy" surprise in SweetFX 2.0 for you all.

I'm not going to spoil it but I think it's pretty nice - adds some flair.

11. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    how to use Gedosato shader like sweetfx? cus i wanna use K-Putt preset

anyway i tried to enable interceptOnlySystemDlls
    but still game crashs at lounch

any fix?

EDIT: i did enable post prosccing and now working ok
    but i cant use any downsampling higher then 1080..any fix?

12. Bobert13

Bobert13 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560 TI - 1GB
    You and Crosire should be very glad that Civ BE just came out and I'm preoccupied porting and updating my map script from Civ V... Otherwise, I'd have no choice but to buy plane tickets and show up on your doors asking for a pre-release version of Reshade. :InsertStalkerSmileyHere:

13. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
    trying to make sweetfx works with COD AW
    i have the cutscene only in the bottom right corner in the loading AW box background
    look like it will only works with radeonpro ;;
    did someone try with reshade ?

14. pu1se80

pu1se80 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia gtx 680
    [Fixed]

[Not sure what happened but it's now working fine since I reloaded Radeon Pro...]

I'm getting sweetFX to work with Advanced Warfare but suddenly something strange happened and now no matter what I try I have a picture in picture at the top left mirroring gameplay but with the enhancements enabled. It goes away and returns with Scroll Lock. Doesn't happen in menu's or cinematics, only gameplay.

Win8.1 x64, gtx 970, Nvidia 344.48

Multiple versions of sweetfx with/without radeon pro resulting in the same behavior. Anyone see this before? Have any tips? I have to emphasize that it was working perfectly awesome until it suddenly appeared in the middle of a multiplayer match and I can't fix it at all. Checked integrity of Steam Cache, verified settings were in their normal ranges. Searched the heck out of Google. Need help please.

Warning, large image.

[​IMG]

15. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
    do you have the osd of radeonpro enable ?

16. BlondeAndBlue

BlondeAndBlue Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 680 Classified
    Another issues...

Afternoon guys/gals
    I'm trying to get SweetFx working with FFXIV, and it seems to crash on startup every time if I have CA enabled. I've disabled every application with an overlay including Fraps/Nvidia stuff, and Origin/Steam. 64bit system, and running out of ideas.
    I'm using Boulotaur's latest 5.1 package if that makes any difference.

Any ideas on what could be off!?

17. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
    can't help you i don't use CA with FF14
    check the log.log in case

18. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    So I wrote a new algorithm for ReShade which is able to find and hook the correct depth buffer of any generic game. Finished implementing it for Direct3D9, 10 and 11. It isn't 100% perfect yet, chooses the wrong depth buffer in a very small amount of games (or doesn't have the data needed because the game cleared the buffer before finishing the frame), but works pretty nice other than that.
    We aren't sure how to expose this new feature to end-users yet, because it could be used to write shaders which give you an advantage in online games. Suggestions are welcomed.

Proof of it working (depth was linearized to better visualize it):
    WarThunder D3D9:
    [​IMG]
    Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 D3D11:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  19. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    Maybe the current vignette shader might be improved with a slight touch of depth of field effect to give it a real camera lens look.

Other than that there is of course the classic depth of field effect. But if the algorithm is not 100% accurate it might need game specific plugins so I am not sure about that. But if you guys ever think about including it, can you also give it a bokeh-style look?

20. juankyskys

juankyskys Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Asus dual 1070
    Following Sweet improvements time ago. Amazing work guys.

In some games i need to use several d3d9 files, could be you can make something tool for three party with this. (rFactor, GSC...)

About shadders, i remember read when exit sweet tool configurator that prior order on top list have a big importance in finish results. Some main for change this in game.

Last thing, sometimes daylights changes a lot and you could need another sweetfx settings without leave game. Is there any possibility for change between one Sweet_settings and another throw Keyboard Shortcut on time?

:cheers:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.