SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPulowski

JPulowski Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    There is actually no need to use SweetFX's SMAA with Watch Dogs which already supports SMAA. In-game smaa has higher quality and does not try to anti-alias text, 2d textures etc.
    You need to use a direct3d7 to direct3d9 wrapper. I did some googling but could not find any. But for direct3d8 content you might use DX8 to DX9 convertor by Boris Vorontsov.

2. Ash

Ash Active Member

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI
    Actually, I found the Watch_Dogs SMAA to be inferior to the SweetFX one, it seems to miss quite a bit of things, perhaps on purpose? Who knows.
    I can't do a one-on-one comparison since SweetFX doesn't work still on 8.1, but I know that in 99% of other titles where I've used SweetFX and SMAA, I got much better Aliasing reduction than what I'm seeing in WD.

3. JPulowski

JPulowski Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    I see. In-game smaa seemed fine to me but did you also try temporal smaa? That's what I am using.

4. ish1

ish1 New Member

GPU:
    780 SLI windforce 3gb
    I can't get sweetfx to work at all on Watch Dogs on Windows 7. I installed sweet fx 1.5.1 into the c:/x86/ubisoft game launcher/games/watchdogs/bin...ran the sweet fx configurator and nothing.

Tried disabling uplay overlay, playing offline, running game as administrator and running it in compatibility mode but i still cant get sweetfx to work. All my other games sweet fx works fine.

Any help please!!

5. chromatical

chromatical Member

GPU:
    I've got the same problem with Watch Dogs. Can't get sweetfx to work.

I'm on windows 7, have tried the latest version as well as Boulotaur2024 version. Tried deleting the dx9 dll. All the searching brings up windows 8 and 8.1 issues and workarounds.

fraps is off as is anything else, uplay overlay off

running nvidia. I see radeon pro mentioned a lot in windows 8 troubleshooting, it's said to work on nvidia too, do I need this?

Still working on other games so it isn't a windows update stopping

[12:02:15] D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain redirected successfully
    [12:02:15] Hooking swapchain...
    [12:02:15] D3D10CreateDeviceAndSwapChain failed: 0000000080070057 !
    [12:02:15] D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain redirected successfully
    [12:02:16] D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain redirected successfully

that's all the log and then Watch Dogs has stopped working windows pop up
    the other version I tried doesn't try to enable and the game boots ignoring sweetfx

oh and I've disabled AA in the sweetfx setting in case of conflict, still no dice

got sweetfx working by right click on WD exe, select compatibility tab, select windows 7.
    Can't toggle on/off during the game but its a start lol

Thanks

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  6. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    I get this 99% of the time I try to launch with Sweetfx (boulotaur verison w/ 1.5.1 shaders of course because 64bit title.) I think Watch Dogs is so comically broken with SweetFX because of Uplay having server issues. The only time the game seems to work is when I launch the game (via steam cause I has steam version,) it logs in and syncs without issue. If it doesn't do this, It will simply crash. Launching uplay first and then launching from steam does not negate this crash at all either.

I could be really wrong on the reason for the crashing but the two times I've gotten it too launch with SweetFX was when it didn't take forever and a day to launch.

Edit: magically started working from a steam launch to uplay, crash then changed compat to win7 (which NEVER worked for me before) then launch from the still open uplay... I don't get this game at all. Also I can still toggle sweetfx on and off..

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Can driver updates break compatibility with some games?

Im trying go get stalker SOC to launch with my enb + Sweetfx setting that ive had for ages, but all of a sudden it crashes with nothing in the event log. A driver update is the only thing i can think if that may have caused this sudden problem.

The version ive been using:
    1.5/Boulotaur2024 Injector. +Chromatic Aberration Shader

8. smarteck

smarteck Active Member

GPU:
    GTX580 TwinFrozr II OC
    ///

I installed windows 8.1 x64 and SweetFX does not work on DX11 games, I mean, games does not start...

Anyone know the fix for that?

Thanks for any help.. =)

/////

9. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    Same problem here, win 8.1 x64, cant make watch dogs work with sweetfx.

Some help will be appreciated :)

10. LionAUT

LionAUT Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    +1 for 8.1 x64 Watchdogs SweetFX

Doesn´t even work with RadeonPro. :(

11. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX6900XT
    Works here, you have 64bits support enabled?
    On the contrary, I can't get radeonPro to work in Far Cr3 dx11 :D

Btw, what is the state of eFx and openGL? I would love to get it in Wolfenstein TNO.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  12. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Use RadeonPro or try the eFX bundle (though this is uncertain to work) if you're on win8.1. SweetFX does not work with DX11 on win8.1, which has been known since preview. FAQ is your friend guys, it's been there since September and we've known about it since July.

I couldn't get RadeonPro to force anything with Watch Dogs, I don't know what's up with it, perhaps throw it into win7 compatability mode? I haven't tried that yet on my setup, may get it to work with it.

Watch Dogs is a weird beast on PC though. On some setups you can force AF, AA etc and on other setups it doesn't work at all, even SweetFX is a pain to get working on some win7 setups with Watch Dogs for some people (including me but I resolved that by making it compatability win7.) It seems like a super picky title when it comes to getting things to work.

Crosire is re-writing the injector, however he said it's more of a successor and will go by a different name to stop the confusion between SweetFX and it.

Read this post and this post for more info.

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    SweetFX with Watch Dogs worked for me the first time, with Boulotaur2024 Injector_CeeJay.dk's.1.5.1.Shader+ChromaticAberrationShader.

Used 64bit DLL too, and voila. :D

14. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
  15. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Again, Watch Dogs is a weird beast. Things that work for some don't work for others. I'm actually a little jelly RadeonPro is working for you with this game. xD

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  17. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
  18. onesky

onesky Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 ghz ed.
    watch dogs + win 8.1 + radeonpro + SweetFX 1.5.1 or 1.5

no work for me too

i tested 32bit and 64bit dlls
    i tested windows7 compatibility mode

no work

Edit:
    disabling CA make it works

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  19. HeLL

HeLL Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080

Just installed a clean win8.1 update 1 copy, 14.6 beta drivers, R9 290.

I carefuly applied overclock.net guide, 64bit dlls, win7 compat on watch_dogs.exe, disabled Chromatic Aberration even in txt before importing, and it's NOT working for me. Radeon Pro settings works, but SweetFX not. It shows in game "SweetFX ON" and "SweetFX OFF" but nothing happens. Exactly the same with DX11 64bit Unreal Engine 4 techdemos.

However I tried Dark Souls 2 (32bit dx9 game) in same setup and settings and works flawlessly just returning to 32bit dlls.

20. K-putt

K-putt Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.