1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smarteck

smarteck Active Member

GPU:
    GTX580 TwinFrozr II OC
    ok... maybe your files are too much advanced for me :p I put on SweetFX Saturation -1.0 and in the game still the same... but hey, must be my fault on something..

Anyway, thansk for your time. =)

//////

2. Matsilagi

Matsilagi Member

GPU:
    MSI GT630 2GB
    Maybe it isn't working with your game.
    Some games I have tested was Serious Sam HD (Doesn't work, only SweetFX), ManiaPlanet (Both works flawlessly), Garrysmod (Both working) and I tried experimenting with OGL games (didn't work well).

3. Pickleslip

Pickleslip New Member

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 680 4gb x2
    Thank You for the fast response Zomgerd.

I have No idea Bud but that's what the log shows

Yea I previously followed the installation guide to the letter. nonetheless the app crashes when it feels like it.

Yea I tried that also with Bioshock but it also crashes to desktop same way as Crysis, sometimes it crashes at the start, sometimes when its loading, sometimes it can go fine for like 30m - 1hr and then crash.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  4. Matsilagi

Matsilagi Member

GPU:
    MSI GT630 2GB
    Last edited: May 8, 2014

5. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    I honestly wish I knew why those two titles are giving you trouble.. Especially Crysis 1, that title hasn't been an issue for anyone far as I know. I know Bioshock doesn't like sweetfx when using DX10, but those results are varied. :/

6. Matsilagi

Matsilagi Member

GPU:
    MSI GT630 2GB
    My fault, i forget to rename the SweetFX DLL on the ENB bundle.

Its fixed now: https://mega.co.nz/#!MANQyCYC!zbhWc337WqIfDUvuy3fDfBubn4Uum8CM7WhtmZLA0o4

All links updated.

7. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
  8. meganlee

meganlee Member

GPU:
    Intel HD 3000
    Thanks, I might try to go through the tutorial. It looks like a half a course load of material so might take a while lol.

Has anyone tried to get vibrance to work on league of legends? (version 4.6.14_04_10_21_15) I can't get it to work, it keeps on crashing the game.

9. sekta

sekta Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    The main.h and SweetFX_Settings.txt is still broken. Can't remember what it was missing but I think it was #define Need_sRGB 1, and whole effect passes were missing for some shaders.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  10. Matsilagi

Matsilagi Member

GPU:
    MSI GT630 2GB
    If its an DX10 game, it will not work, since the base DLL is the ENB one.

I dont think its that, since both works fine on the games i have tried.

The logs also dont give any error compiling any of the effects, so i think they are OK.

11. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T

Dark souls 2 is DX9.

Using eFX is where a lot of it could go wrong as the current eFX has a high amount of uncertainty and does not work for every game(and there are A LOT it doesn't work for.)

12. Matsilagi

Matsilagi Member

GPU:
    MSI GT630 2GB
    I would make a switch, but the 3DFX shader doesnt want to work in SweetFX only sadly.

13. inhalemusic

inhalemusic New Member

GPU:
    GTX 780
    Hey, I'm currently trying to mod GTA IV (downgraded to version 1.0.4) and using Simple ENB (thats what its called)
    I installed the ENB and then installed SwetFX and renamed the dll's properly in the enbseries.ini but when i start the game it plays up to the rockstar logos and the intro music and goes to a black screen and stops responding... I looked in he log file and all it says is this:

full path: E:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto IV\GTAIV\
    redirecting CreateDevice
    initialising shader environment
    redirecting device->Reset
    initialising shader environment

No idea what it means or how to get it to work. Help?

14. sekta

sekta Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    How would I go about changing the Gaussian Bloom threshold and exposure levels with DX9? Any kind of value I can change in the Gaussian.h to get the same results as lowering the exposure and increasing the threshold with DX11? I'm using the warm blur. I tried messing with the formula, but couldn't exactly edit the threshold.

15. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    My friend, it is called an "alpha" and that's what it is. I'll steal a nice quote from Terrasque here (found on his site):
    "And as coder I know that alpha means “**** ain’t working properly yet” – and couldn’t really be used for anything other than a sneak preview at what might come in the future. It could also crash the computer. Or turn your shirt into cheese. Or just plain not work. And the final version could be nothing like what is shown as the alpha."
    No offense, you appearently don't like it very much and that's your personal freedom.
    eFX is currently not meant as a replacement for InjectSMAA, it was a test, to give people that understand HLSL/GLSL the tools to write more advanced shaders than what is possible with InjectSMAA right now in the games it works for. I think it was successfull, because some really did that (not connected to SweetFX). I'm talking to CeeJay because SweetFX is one of the better known post processing shading suites, so more people could profitate from new possibilities. Still what came out up to now is unofficial and in an alpha stage, keep that in mind please.
    There's work done on the successor to eFX, which fixes it's problems and introduces new features, including proper support for OpenGL, but you can't even call that one an alpha yet. It will no longer be called eFX though, people seem to confuse it with SweetFX, although they are two seperate things. It's just one of the available options that "drive" SweetFX...

Last edited: May 9, 2014

16. K-putt

K-putt Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Yes! Thanks for working on it again.
    Call it Crosires Injector. Or just.. The Injector.

17. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    I meant no disrespect Crosire, I'm actually quite excited about eFX (or what you're renaming it) and I understand the current version is an alpha and **** doesn't work. I'm just trying to keep people informed that in it's current state it's not guaranteed to work for every game. I'm not trying to discourage people from using it or even telling them not to use it. I have even advertised it for win8.1 users in the past and will continue to do so with the disclaimer that in it's current form it may or may not work. I personally cannot wait till you've released the next one. :)

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  18. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    Alright, sorry I got that wrong then :)

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  19. sekta

sekta Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Here's my modified SweetFX 1.5.1 + Boulotaur2024 injector and my modified SweetFX 1.4 for RadeonPro integration: http://pastebin.com/271fN687

Extras over default: 64 bit support, 2 chromatic aberration shaders, film grain, gaussian blur + extra formula, colorblind correction, extra lumasharpen at the end of chain (if you want to do double pass or want to have different strengths with different offset bias). Also cleaned up the code (tabs and spaces) and made it easier to read.

Fixed RadeonPro support by changing available input ranges since RadeonPro uses the commented range. Let RadeonPro take advantage of curve formulas 10-14, lumasharpen formulas 8-9, vignette formulas 2-3 as well. DPX was one shader in particular that couldn't be edited in RadeonPro since the value ranges are reversed (0.60 to 0.20) and most ranges were from [0 to 1.00] when a lot of presets will have negative numbers so most ranges are [-1.00 to 1.00] now.

The Elder Scrolls Online compatible. This game crashes no matter what if there are any files with the .h extension in it's game folder. So I renamed all shaders from .h to .hlsl and made the required changes to main.h and all the .fx files too.

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  20. smarteck

smarteck Active Member

GPU:
    GTX580 TwinFrozr II OC
    Thanks for your files!!!

This is the first time the new shaders on Boulotaur2024 version works for me :D You change something for good on that files.

Question.. im testing with the "Gaussian Blur settings" with bloom, but I can not do what I need..

Is it possible to get this kind of Bloom with your files? (Captured using ENB Bloom):

[​IMG]

I mean that Bloom which looks like fog...

Thanks for any advise. = )

//////

Last edited: May 11, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.