SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Nope, it also need you to switch the DWM which using D2D in windows 8.1 now.
    And Windows 8.1 has difference ways to support Optimus/Enduro system too, which making it harder.

If this is very easy, then the Aero Glass dev can just switch windows 8 DWM into windows 8.1, and support it. :D

2. viper_fx99

viper_fx99 New Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    Can some write known technics about stop to texture flickiring.
    Best method I know is 4xSGSAA. Works everytime but it takes big power.
    Is there any cheap methods for texture flickiring? (lod settings etc.)
    Thanks.

3. JPulowski

JPulowski Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    The best method is SGSSAA, supersampling and downsampling which are mostly the same thing. Another method I can suggest is try setting anisotropic filtering to 16x then setting "Texture filtering - Quality" to "High quality" and "Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias" to "Clamp" from NVIDIA Inspector. I wouldn't suggest playing with LOD bias, it is best left to driver controlled. But the main idea is this:

Negative LOD bias = Sharper textures, higher memory usage, more texture flickering/shimmering.
    Positive LOD bias = Blurrier textures, less memory usage, less texture flickering/shimmering.

Edit: Also here is a thread from GeForce forums. You might find more information there. But unfortunately looks like clamping negative LOD bias option is currently bugged. And as usual NVIDIA does nothing about it.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  4. cmichael

cmichael New Member

GPU:
    GT 720m
    Problem solved I downloaded Microsoft Visual C + + 2010 and 2005 Redistributable x64 :)

5. lycanwrath

lycanwrath Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX480 8GB ref
    Hoping to see an SMAA injecter for Windows 8.1 64bit (DirectX 11.2) soon :)

6. inkscape

inkscape Member

GPU:
    MSI N760 TF OC 2GB
    I have been using SweetFX on Win 8.1 without a problem... Use Boulotaur2024's injector. Seems to work on all for me except 64bit games like BF4. For 64bit use the files that people are spreading with the BF4 x64 SweetFX.

Anyway, isn't it possible to implement Nvidia's HBAO shader into games via SweetFX?... I'm trying to do this, but I'm quite lost in it and sadly, I don't see any tutorials other than the simple uninformed text doc that comes with SweetFX saying how to make shaders... It might just be me but the text doc give me no info on making a shader nor getting it to work.

7. K-putt

K-putt Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    It probably doesn't work because BF4 is a DX11 game. All DX9 games should work on Win 8.1 with SweetFX.

No. SweetFX doesn't have access to the depth buffer.

8. OutlawTuNeR

OutlawTuNeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX GTX980TI-6GD5
    Thank you for Information about AA Modes JPulowski. will try these soon

9. sekta

sekta Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Need assistance in getting SweetFX working with The Elder Scrolls Online on Windows 8.1 without RadeonPro.

Right now the game does NOT work at all and will instantly crash if there is any file in the game directory with a .h extension. You can literally create a new text file, save it as .h and the game will not work.

The workaround is to rename each shader and all the calls in main.h, etc. However, attempting this with eFX+SweetFX bundle (tried Cee-Jays Nov 2013 bundle and K-Putts bundle) and SweetFX won't work at all. I changed all the shaders to .shader, changed them in main.shader and the .fx files also. Game launches fine but no SweetFX. Game seems to be using d3d11.dll.

RadeonPro also REQUIRES FXAA to be ticked otherwise no post-processing works if that's of any help.

This is the eFX log:
    Code:
    2014-04-30 15:02:45 | INFO | GENERAL | Initializing Crosires "eFX" Version 2.0 (1.9.6.0) ...
    2014-04-30 15:02:47 | INFO | HOOK | Installing "d3d11" hooks from file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d11.dll" ...
    2014-04-30 15:02:47 | INFO | PROXY | Redirecting "D3D11CreateDevice"
    2014-04-30 15:02:51 | INFO | GENERAL | Terminating ...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  10. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Elder Scrolls Online + SweetFX only works with Radeonpro on 8.1, part of the crutch of being on Win8.1 is that SweetFX DX11 does not work on it, only RadeonPro's implementation and sometimes eFX.

eFX in it's current form is very hit or miss and does not work with every game, the re-write should be tons better. Unfortunately this problem is not a shader issue per-say, it's an injection method issue due to the changes made in win8.1 for DirectX 11. There is nothing we can do to help you with this issue other than tell you, you must use RadeonPro for the time being.

11. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    I just tried eFX ..used the Opengl32 and it worked fine. It popped up on screen EFX so I new it worked. Now what it changed..no clue.

I have ATI and Nvidia in same one computer so RadeonPro works on both. For d3d11 in RadeonPro under VISUAL you have to turn on FXAA at least to LOW and SMAA at least to low. Now in d3d9 I could keep them both off. Just have ESO over there under profiles and right click on it and hit apply now for all the settings you used.

12. sekta

sekta Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    That's just a splash screen. Doesn't mean it hooked or was successful. I know how to get it working with RadeonPro, I was the one that discovered the method and made the ESO sweetfx entry on the preset website.

13. logout20

logout20 Member

GPU:
    Amd radeon 7470m/1Gb
    you mean efx ????..or just sweetfx ..

14. coucoudemaline

coucoudemaline New Member

GPU:
    sli GTX 670 2Gb
    Hi all,

It's my first post here.

So : bravo and thanks for help anyone and for the job you've done and you're still doing.

I've read page 40 to this one.
    I'm looking for help about SweetFx + Win8.1 + Arma 3.

SweetFx Fix 8.1 + eFx works perfectly with my BF4 but i haven't solution about my Arma 3 !!

I've tried : SweetFx 1.4 + RadeoPro : no changes
    SweetFx 1.5 : dll problem
    In root folder, of course, with or without "rights admin", with or without seven compatibility.

I don't know what I've missed, maybe (i'm sure) have you an idea ?

15. kurtferro

kurtferro Member Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    page 52:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4805839&postcount=1284

16. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Considering that with ESO you actually have to change the usersettings.txt to get it to use opengl, I highly doubt it hooked into the game at all.

17. coucoudemaline

GPU:
    sli GTX 670 2Gb
    @kurtferro :

Hi,

Yes i've seen !!

I've tried and i obtain the "CreateDXGIFactory2" error and Arma 3 stops !!

So i'm curious to know how you've done !!!

Maybe cause your graphical card is different !!

18. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Nope, it is because you are using Windows 8.1, and only eFX or RadeonPro support it, did you forgot that? :D

19. coucoudemaline

GPU:
    sli GTX 670 2Gb
    hi,

so why that works for my BF4 ???

I'm using eFx + Fix win8.1.

Maybe do I stop "nVidia Settings" Panel in notification Bar ?

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  20. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX3090 X3
    I'm new with SweetFX and trying it out does anyone have one for "Brothers in arms hell's highway".
    Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.