SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S3r1ous

S3r1ous Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700
    ok...

Heres some resources to make more shaders dudes....
    So im hardcore into S.T.A.L.K.E.R. modding scene and as you who mod it probably know, its shader system is quite a beast, but it was unoptimized as ****, so people started modding it like crazy

*just search Kingo64 shaders on google
    Kingo64 shaders that combine all in one contain some pretty advanced stuff that i would LOVE to see in all games like:
    Parallax Occlusion Mapping
    SSAO
    Dynamic Depth of Field
    Sun Shafts
    Shadow Jittering
    Motion Blur (probably not, i dont personally use it)

I'm sure u can make some pretty amazing stuff based on this Ceejay

*just search "custom shaders for gsdx" on google
    Also many emulators have insane shaders on them, very costly but i've managed to isolate some pretty efficient packs.
    Highlights:
    2DAA - 2DAA Interpolation Smoothing
    Dynamic Contrast
    P-Pixel Vibrance
    Point Light Attenuation

EDIT
    Point Light Attenuation and SSAO might be the same thing pretty much. Not sure how efficient thou.

Now i now scaling filters r horrendus in performance and look like ass.
    But some developed xBR method that supposedly is supposed to fix that... supposedly...... i think its worth experimenting with. It looks pretty good in my doom source port ive been playing lately.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  2. CorteXXX

CorteXXX Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 9600 GT 512
    Color Blind needs help

Hello. I need a little help.
    A friend of mine is clolor blind (deuteranopia) and cannot play games well.
    I searched many sites for something and the only good option is sweetfx.
    I’ve found shaders taken from WOW for deuteranopia, but I can’t copy/paste to replace the code on an existing shader for it to work with the injector.
    So I’m wondering if someone can help me by porting the code I found to sweetfx?

Please take a look!

www dot mediafire dot com/?qbzp7mu5syymhv5

P.S. I know nothing about programming shaders.

Thanks!

3. Valkyrie743

Valkyrie743 Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080 FTW
    hey all, i would like to add something that i found while getting sweetfx to work under windows 8.1 and Radeon pro.

right now i have a 780 Ti (nvidia) with the latest drivers and Geforce experience(1.8.2). I found that for some reason, radeon pro is conflicting with something from geforce experience. probably the shadowplay recording service. i tried manually disabling all the services as well as any other hooking programs or overlays (steam overlay, msi afterburner) and at first, everything was working then out of no where, it just stopped working. im using Sweetfx 1.4 (being that Radeon pro does not support higher than 1.4) i've never had issues with using radeon pro while also using shadowplay or just having geforce experience installed (and shadowplay disabled) now the only way i can get sweet fx to work under radeonpro is with geforce experience uninstalled. i guess something in 1.8.2, broke something. either way thought i would throw that out there for people that are using nvidia and trying to get this to work with 8.1.

TL : DR
    If running nvidia, Geforce experience causes issues while trying to use radeonpro for sweetfx. uninstall Geforce experience to enjoy sweetfx. (or give eFX a try)

4. VitoCorleone

VitoCorleone Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G
    oh,thank your help,befor I read the first page about FAQ and try to use RadeonPRO,but I've failed.now I'm back to windows 8,because I found a lot of compatibility issues under windows 8.1.
    thx.:)

5. Angel_

Angel_ Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD7770 1GHz
    Hello guys.

I'd like to know if with SweetFX I can change a game's colors so that it becomes black & white and then to be able to add only shadows or midtones or highlights with a specific color.

For example, imagine Betrayer(game), but having the highlights yellow, so that everything is b&w, except the lights, which have a color.

6. pedoncho

pedoncho Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia gt240 1gb
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    --
    -
    -
    -
    can someone post the script to switch between multiple presets without alt-tabbing?
    Sorry but im gonna ask like 300000 times until i get an answer.

-

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

7. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Just do it, and expect a forever BAN.

Anyways, try find a script on Google that can changing the config file on the fly, then you just need to click 1 button, the script will change the config file, then click another button to reload the config file.

8. pedoncho

pedoncho Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia gt240 1gb
    Thanks BeeYeeHua, it sounds nice, but what exactly should i search on google, i mean, this sweetfx code has name? if thats the case id have no problem in learning it and implementing it.

9. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    I think I don't understand what is the meaning of "this sweetfx code has name?"...

But anyways, I has used one software that made by using AutoHotkey, it may having the ability to change the file. :)

10. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    No it's not.

11. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    You know what's super cool? Not doing that. Your question is a simple answer, we have no idea what you're talking about.. I heard mention of someone possibly working on it but I've never actually seen any script by anyone with that capability come out and I've been following SweetFX since it's first thread..

I'd also like to add that one person continuously asking for a feature, that quite frankly isn't particularly useful for most games, will not make someone want to work on the feature more.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  12. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    Of course it is? Split the color channels, make out the color you want to keep and gray out the remainder. Quite a simple effect actually (although implementation could be greatly improved, this theory won't result in a great image quality).

13. Preacher0815

Preacher0815 Member

Do you folks who give shoddy answers really have no clue what Pedoncho is talking about, or are you dissing him on purpose?

Question: Where can I find a script that allows to switch between presets on the fly?
    Answer: Here.

14. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    He asked if he could do it with SweetFX, currently it isn't possible, thus my answer.

15. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Yeah man, my first and last thought of every day is to give a shoddy answer to Pedoncho to diss him. :banana:

On a serious note, I had no idea that AutoHotKey Script existed however BenYeeHua did mentioned before you even posted that he use to have a script for AutoHotKey to do the switching, so I don't see how Ben gave a shoddy answer and actually don't know any question that has ever been answered in 4 threads that was a shoddy answer.. xD

16. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    lol, I am bad for remember anything, you know, it is too many threads about SweetFX. :D

Anyways, I did using a similar script for MyDefrag, to list the file list that I want to defrag. :)

17. Preacher0815

Preacher0815 Member

You initially claimed you had no idea such a script existed, yet BenYeeHua claims he's done something just like that in a posting just one or two postings above yours. That must have been an oversight on your end, I presume ;)

BenYeeHua on the other hand says he's done a script like that, and to google for it. BenYeeHua's script isn't among Google's search results. I checked. Neither is Ninjafada's, by the way. Hence Pedoncho's absolutely legitimate question whether BenYeeHua's script was running under a specific name. But all of a sudden, when asked for his script's name BenYeeHua says he doesn't know of such a script. I see now English probably isn't his first language, but it doesn't take deduction skills like Sherlock Holmes has to get the general meaning of Pedoncho's postings and just answer by posting a link. After all, BenYeeHua is smart to have written a script. In English, no less.

To cut a long story short, pretty pretty pretty please with cream, sugar and a cherry on top, be excellent to each other. Party on, dudes!

18. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Bold - Yes, an actual script of code specifically for SweetFX, not a AutoHotKey script but then I had no knowledge of AHK script being posted either.

As for AHK well.. It honestly isn't hard at all to make a AHK script, the language is dead simple and they have tutorials laid out for you on their site. It's so simple that someone with literally no background in code can make a script, I know because I've made AHK scripts and I had exactly zero knowledge in coding when I first ran across AHK.

Re-reading Ben's posts, I can see that he only mentioned you could use AHK to do it and not that he actually knew of a script, as you said.

YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO, YOU'RE NOT MY DAD! I'LL PARTY OFF IF I WANT TOO! xD

19. cougar72

cougar72 Guest

GPU:
    Ati 4870x2 2Gb
    can this sw overrides the dx11 detection? (for example, crysis 3 test if you have a dx11 card, otherwise get you off, but if you can return Always true in your d3dx11.dll to this test, you can use dx9/10 untessellated shaders, from PS3 version...)
    It will be available this feature soon? Warp uses cpu istead of gpu, so it is not a solution.

20. Crckt

Crckt Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6970
    nfs rivals+sweetfx(+efx)
    Why i make this f*cking screenshots troloload.ru/f/17694_1.jpg ?
    Ingame all`s good. But when i want to save screen by PrnScr key i have this sh*t...

srry for my bad eng. iam russian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.