SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PandaSushi

PandaSushi Member

GPU:
    GTX 780
    You can use sweetfx 1.5.1 in win 8.1 by using the "hook_external_wrapper" in efx,just rename ceejay's dxgi.dll to sweetfx.dll then in efx.ini add "hook_external_wrapper=C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\sweetfx.dll".
    All sweetfx features are working in battlefield 4 on win 8.1 except bf4 64 bit doesn't works.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  2. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Can you, pretty please, upload a complete zip with every needed files. I just can't make it work,no matter what I try. I'll edit the inis myself. I'm not talking about BF4 anyway. I just want any bloody 32bits DX11 games to work.

3. PandaSushi

PandaSushi Member

GPU:
    GTX 780
    I have renamed ceejay's dll's to sweetfx_dxgi.dll & sweetfx_d3d9.dll but i can't test sweetfx_d3d9.dll as i have no dx9 games installed.
    Just add all the files to your game folder then add the path to "hook_external_wrapper=C:\Program Files (x86)\Path to game\sweetfx_dxgi.dll"
    or "hook_external_wrapper=C:\Program Files (x86)\Path to game\sweetfx_d3d9.dll" in efx.ini.

http://dropcanvas.com/axyu0/1

4. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Okay it's still not working. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't the problem. Thank you for your time! I'm still screwed :)

5. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Did you tried "Run with Admin"?

6. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Ya and still nothing.

AC4 = Does not even start uplay.
    AC3 = Immediate crash
    Metro LL = No effects
    Metro 2033 = Effects but will crash after 2 seconds.

7. mikul1991

mikul1991 Active Member

GPU:
    8GB DDR3
    Hi! I have a problem with SweetFX in Deadly Premotion using DPfix 0.9.1:
    http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/

Game with this mod have d3d9.dll.

Is there a option to rename d3d9.dll from SweetFX or DPfix to make this work together?

8. Boulotaur2024

Boulotaur2024 Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD7950
    Use this method

9. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Try disable the overlay?

10. padolamap

padolamap Member

GPU:
    ATI RANDEON 6990 4GB
    Take and you're there to ask you some questions. First of all thanks for your system. I've been using in FSX flight simulator 10 with DX10 without any inconvenience and have achieved wonderful combinations, now the issue is that I want to use in a new version made ***8203;***8203;by people of Lockheed Martin (http://www.prepar3d.com/) with the change to your system but DX11 is bringing me problems, although the game starts with the injector working when I try anything within the simulator this is going and I have no way to re-connect unless restart the simulator, if you do not play anything I start the flight and everything works fine but I can not choose the variables having the simulator.
    Thanks and I hope you can understand what I mean because I'm doing it with google translator

Aprovecho ya que estas ahi para hacerte unas preguntas. Ante todo gracias por tu sistema. Lo estuve utilizando en FSX flight simulator 10 con DX10 sin ningun inconveniente y he logrado combinaciones maravillosas, ahora el tema esta en que quiero utilizarlo en una nueva version hecha por la gente de Lockheed Martin (http://www.prepar3d.com/) con el cambio a DX11 pero tu sistema me esta trayendo problemas, si bien arranca el juego con el inyector funcionando cuando intento cualquier cosa dentro del simulador este se va y no tengo manera de volver a conectarlo salvo que reinicie el simulador, si no toco nada y comienzo el vuelo todo funciona bien pero no puedo elegir las distintas variables que tiene el simulador.
    Gracias y espero puedas entender lo que quiero decir puesto que lo estoy haciendo con el traductor de google
    : Explosión:
    shown in fsx
    [​IMG]

11. mikul1991

mikul1991 Active Member

GPU:
    8GB DDR3
    Thanks, now everything is working fine, but the game freezing after mission in alternative version of Hospital :/. Trying everything - delete SweetFX, DPfix, checking files in steam - nothing help's me...

But really thanks for answer. I hope patch will be out soon.

12. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Tried everything at this point. I know about overlays, Afterburner, etc. 8.1 situation sucks very bad.

13. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Yup, as I can remember, worst than Windows 8...(if you ignore the Metro)

14. fwee

fwee Member

GPU:
    660 Ti @1111MHz
    will just have to wait for a 8.1 update then unless someone knows a method as it just turns on or of fon random on 8.1 pro x64 using radeonpro. [wowx64]

15. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    You guys do realize you could have avoided the win8.1 problem MONTHS ago? We've literally known of this issue since Win8.1 Preview and we have/had stated MANY times over that SweetFX doesn't work with DX11 on 8.1 unless you are using radeonpro's implementation. Having known of the issue since then you would think it wouldn't be a problem, but because no one here was working on an injector (that was public and ready for full time use) at the time other than Boulotaur who, understandably, got burnt out working on his injector around that time. Crosire I believe was also working on his injector at this time (having contacted CeeJay before the forum rollback) but it was much slower in progress, at least in public, however now it is seeing much public progress with 9 builds released since October 8th(8 builds excluding the first.)

Progress is progress though.

16. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Not me, as I am still using Windows 8.

After 80% of the Windows 8.1 issues has been fixed, then I will jump to it.

17. xBlackCrack

xBlackCrack Member

GPU:
    MSI NGTX670 Power Edition
    SGSSAA FTW. Just tested it out and it looks just great :D

18. Silverbleed

Silverbleed New Member

GPU:
    8GB 1333MHz DDR3
    Hello, I'd like some help and I'm hoping it can be fixed. If not, so be it >_<

I am a Mac user (Work pc, my game pc is completely dead, new Game PC will take at least 2 years, so I got no choice). I use an Imac with Bootcamp to play games like Guild Wars 2. (Bootcamp installs Windows 7 on your pc to at startup you can choose either OS to use). Working beautifully, really happy with it. Game works perfect, no problems with that.

But as a previous Sweetfx user... I want it back @_@

I've tried installing it like normally. I get a d3dll error at startup (can't play game). Removing Sweetfx, I can play again.
    Tried to install Dx10.
    Still having the same error.
    Someone said I should just add the d3dll. Didn't change anything, as if it doesn't read. Unless I did it wrong.

I assumed this might have something to do with Bootcamp.

Is there something I can do to make this work? I've Googled, but can't find anything about other Bootcamp users with Sweetfx. As if they don't exist, so if there's no way to get Sweetfx to work, I'll have to live with that xD

Thank you in advance.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  19. Tahoma

Tahoma New Member

GPU:
    GTX 760
    I've always had performance drops from using regular SweetFX in all games. Frames would sometimes drop from 60 to 45 in some places.

On a whim I used RadeonPro to inject SweetFX and to my amazement there is almost no performance drop, maybe 3 fps at the most.

Can anyone tell me what gives? I'm thrilled at finding this out, just wish it had been sooner.

20. writer21

writer21 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA SC ACX 780 sli 3gb
    Anyone have a link to sweetfx+efx bundle? Sorry if this was posted before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.