SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padolamap

padolamap Member

GPU:
    ATI RANDEON 6990 4GB
    Forgiveness was not an answer for you

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  2. padolamap

padolamap Member

GPU:
    ATI RANDEON 6990 4GB
    Action!:flip2:

3. panaghoy88

panaghoy88 Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 560 1 GB DDR5
    Gets too dark when SMAA is disabled

I'm having the same problem too and I can confirm it also happens with 1.5.1. I came from version 1.3 and have no issue with the game being dark but with the latest version it's too dark when SMAA is off. Enabling SMAA is currently the workaround for now.

4. K-putt

K-putt Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Awesome! Thanks a lot Crosire! :) Works perfectly.

Would it be difficult to add an option to add a second proxy .dll?
    Many people don't need that i guess. But i could imagine that i could run into such a problem at some point. efx+SoftTH+Helix.
    Also, if i add the proxy .dll's name into the efx.ini, but the not .dll file into the installation folder, i don't get any notification.
    Boulotaur's injector didn't even start the game if i missed that. Kinda anoying, but still better then starting the game and see that the file didn't load.

5. NuBiXx

NuBiXx Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 2x 7950
    What is efx+SoftTH+Helix? can you link me to them please. Thanks

6. K-putt

K-putt Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    SoftTH is a programm that forces a resolution to a game. I use it for some kind of downsampling.
    Without that programm it would be almost impossible to get 6000x3000 pixel wide screenshots.

SoftTH - Forum

With the Helix mod you can remove overlays in games. Like a Hud or some effects.
    Just replace the effect file you've found with the helix debugger with a blank effect file.

Helix

So, if i want to take some screenshots in a game, i will use sweetfx and probably SoftTH for the resolution.
    And if i want to get rid of the hud, or any annoying effect in a game, i use Helix.

SweetFX(eFX)+SoftTH+Helix.
    I never had to use helix yet, but i'll have to some day.
    It often gets used from people with Nvidia 3D vision. I don't know why. Maybe to get rid of the ingame DoF.

SoftTH is also good if you have multiple screens with different resolutions. That's what it's actually made for.

7. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    You actually get a notification, check the log, it should say "Failed to install hooks using external wrapper "...", defaulting to "..." instead" in that case.
    All communication of eFX with you is working over that log file, you won't see any messageboxes or similar currently. And eFX will never prevent the game from loading, even if something fails. I don't think that that is good practise and it will keep eFX from doing a clean shutdown without memory leaks (current injectors do have massive amounts of them for whatever reason).
    It's also not possible to load multiple wrappers, I can only replace the path to the file that is loaded. If you don't specify a custom wrapper to load it will default to the file in your system folder instead, but I can't tell it to load both, the custom wrapper and the file in the system folder (or another wrapper).

8. Wicked_Sick

Wicked_Sick Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 480
    Sometimes, I think I am in love with CJ.

9. K-putt

K-putt Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    I see.
    Somehow i have a problem with Eslaved and chaining a .dll .
    | ERROR | HOOK | Failed to load library from "E:/Spiele\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Enslaved\Binaries\Win32\soft.dll

I had the same problem with Boulotaur's injector though. So i guess the game just doesn't like .dll chaining.

10. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Interesting. I thought SoftTH was mostly about triple-screen (or more) gaming, but it comes at a cost (game is rendered on one GPU only, and splits outputs to other optional GPUs).

Aside from the downsampling performance hit, is there a hit for using SoftTH this way, given it's a software solution?

And would you mind giving an example of your configuration file when using it as a downsampler? Last time I tried SofTH to split a game across two monitors I never got it working properly, the config file is a bit obfuscating to use.

Thanks!

Mart

11. ninjafada

ninjafada Master Guru

GPU:
    pny 670
    i thought i did

12. kurtferro

kurtferro Member Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    i try eFX+SweetFX, it start but no effect, this is the log:

13. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    meh nevermind.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  14. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    You are using an old alpha of eFX without DX11 support.

Try this :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wpxrbt2abds2v9o/eFX and SweetFX alpha - November 2nd.7z

The current alpha right now.
    Works under DX9/10/11. Has FXAA support. DX9 branch has SMAA support, but it's not yet as fast as it should be. SMAA doesn't work yet under DX10/11.

Report errors in the eFX thread - not here.

15. kurtferro

kurtferro Member Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    Ok thanks:infinity:

16. bwana

bwana New Member

GPU:
    780GTX
    I remember reading somewhare about an app that would allow you to preview the effects of sweetfx on a screenshot. This would avoid having to start and stop the game to preview settings. Anyone know where this might be?

17. WarGasimXD

WarGasimXD New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD7970
    Anyone ever get the sweetfx to work with radeonpro?? I have windows 8 not 8.1, I have selected 32/64 bit in the corner of radeonpro and BF4 will not even load into a game when I close out radeonpro I can get into a game just fine, Im lost and could use some help, anyone know of fxaa injector working yet??

18. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Directx 9 image viewer, I think you are finding this one.

19. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    DirectX image viewer : http://ninjafada.com/sweetfx/DX9IVv1.4.7z

20. bwana

bwana New Member

GPU:
    780GTX
    tnx cj and benyee

I checked out his directory (ninjafada.com/sweetfx) and he also has a windowed version that has a close box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.