1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krystalmyth

Krystalmyth New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 9800
    This is my first post, and it's a bit of a shameful one asking for help and all, but I'm inquiring if anyone has been able to get this to work with FFXIV: AAR. I am currently trying to get this to work, and with or without SweetFX Configurator, I can not get the game itself to launch.

The log.log file just shows the path. I have it able to write, and I do have the files in the right location. Game runs fine without the SweetFX files in the game folder (removed), but once in their place the game will not launch at all. It flickers, and dies.

I have all other programs closed. No overlays. No other apps to conflict. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The players in my main game community aren't really able to help since nobody else seems to be having the issue currently. Those that did fixed it without, of course, sharing how.

Any help would be appreciated, ty. ^^

2. zenkmander

zenkmander Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon 7950
    I don't think anyone has got the latest version working yet, but with 1.4 there was a trick someone came up with. No idea how it functions, but it works for me. Check out the SweetFX database and download one of those, they explain how it works. Just keep in mind it's version 1.4 and not 1.5.

I believe it was the user 'ninjafada' on the database who got it working I might be mistaken. Here's his latest preset, but there are others as well.

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/541/

3. Krystalmyth

Krystalmyth New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 9800

Thank you, that's probably my error, trying to run 1.5. I'll go with 1.4 and report findings. :)

4. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I'm having a horrible time trying to get SweetFX to work with hitman 2 and blood money. They both use dlls that can't be swapped with the sweetFX one or renamed (one is a renderer and the other is required for a check)

Any way around this?

5. kaicooper

kaicooper Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    is it just me or i think sweetfx Boulotaur2024 much much beter
    then 1.5.1 in SMAA and FXAA

6. Phroster

Phroster Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 980 Ti
    Seems only the injector from Boulotaur works on FFXIV:ARR, I also tried 1.4 and 1.5.1 but the game always crashes.

When I use Boulotaur injector it works, not sure why, even turning off SMAA or FXAA in the settings doesn't help.

7. JPulowski

JPulowski Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    I have two questions:

- Is it possible to do frame interpolation via shaders?
    - Is it possible to add an auto-levels/contrast/color option as one as in Photoshop to SweetFX?

8. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    Shaders operate on a per frame basis, they are not seperated from the rendering process. If your computer calculates a frame it is busy with task and you won't be able to just "add" another frame. As shaders (talking about pixelshaders here) can only be aplied during the rendering of a frame, they can only change that one. Your graphic card has no longer access to the frame as soon as the rendered image in the backbuffer is swapped with the frontbuffer and thus is then displayed on the screen. It also does of course not know how the next frame will look like, as that one is not rendered yet, so even if you could add frames manually, there still would be no way to interpolate anything. Frame interpolation is mainly for videos, because here you have all the image data required and can decide how to render it on your own. And as computers are able enough to render these really quickly (no calculations required anymore), you can also set the framerate yourself by just adding a small timeout after each frame to reach it. It might be possible to implement something like frame interpolation in a video game by just letting the game render every second frame and then keep a copy of the last and the current in memory, so to interpolate a new which gets copied to the backbuffer and swapped before same thing is done with the actual rendered image. That would be an injector thing though.
    So in short: No, frame interpolation is not possible with shaders.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  9. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080

The Crystal Engine already existed LONG before Eidos was part of Square Enix.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/deus-ex-human-revolution-e3-2010-trailer
    Crystal Tools was developed entirely for Final Fantasy XIII originally. And adapted poorly for FFXIV.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Tools

XIV 2.0 does NOT use Luminous. This has been stated many times by the developers. It uses some of the techniques and methods used in Luminous. But it is not luminous. It's an overhauled version of Crystal Tools that has become it's own engine specific for the game.

10. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    With the official release of Windows 8.1

Are we going to see SweetFX work fully in the new upgrade?

11. Arioch

Arioch Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Anyone else upgrade to Windows 8.1 and having problems with Sweetfx giving DX11 errors?

12. jim2point0

jim2point0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    FAQ, good sir. FAQ.

13. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    ~_~ just like every other day...

SweetFX does not work in Win8.1 yet. Unless used through radeonpro

That sounds like....

14. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Glad I'm not the only one who heard it. :p

Also it really wouldn't kill any of you to read the FAQ before posting. (not directed at you sid.)

Think CeeJay may need to put it in nice big text and bold letters right before the DL links.. xD

15. jim2point0

jim2point0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    FYI - I'm actually planning to upgrade to Windows 8.1. The only thing preventing me from doing is knowing that SweetFX won't work. I like it too much.

I'm in no hurry though. But I like what I've been seeing from it on my laptop. It's pretty snappy.

16. MrMicrochip

MrMicrochip Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 1070 Phoenix
    Same here, SweetFX is more important than the 8.1 update :)

17. Ak1504

Ak1504 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 ACX SC
    Hello,

i use Sweetfx for RaceRoom Racing Experience and it works very well except 2 problems i noticed.

1. the particle effects like tire smoke, dust doesnt work anymore

2. the shadow under the car is gone

Shadows are still working but there was another kind for that area i mean.

In the game options they call it Contact Shadows.

I have some Screenshots to show it.

Anyone an idea why this happens and how it can fixed maybe ?

Sweetfx removed:

[​IMG]

Sweetfx active with effects on:

[​IMG]

Sweetfx active with effects off:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  18. Ashton187

Ashton187 New Member

GPU:
    ATI 3gb 7970
    Hey guys, the configuration tool link doesn't seem to be working for 1.5.1.

Also is it possible to convert configurations from older versions to newer version?

Desperately trying to find a preset for Witcher 2 that works with 1.5 but unable to convert/find any.

Thanks.

19. JPulowski

JPulowski Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    It's simple. Just change the variables in your settings file according to preset file. It requires some manual work.

20. Ashton187

Ashton187 New Member

GPU:
    ATI 3gb 7970
    I tried that for sleeping dogs, but it ended up all messed up. Wasn't sure if you are able to do that, but i guess i missed a few number or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.