SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marll

Marll New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6870 1GB
    Also, it's very strange that when I take a screenshot with the SweetFX screenshot key, I can view the screen in Paint or another app and text looks fine, but looks bad on the screen in game.

I suppose it's something that I can learn to live with, but being super anal about things like this it might take a while. I wanted to do this for my wife too, but the text will be a deal breaker for her. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also still can't figure out how to use it with LOTRO.

2. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Ventus
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  3. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    I wonder if its worth having another thread for people's shader updates and screenshots as its starting to clutter the thread. This is really to discuss SweetFX and not individual profile tweaks with huge screenshots.

4. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Has anyone else had any issues running Boulotaur2024's version with BF3? (Win 8)

5. Gramps

Gramps Active Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX 770 4GB OC
    Its showing what this tool can do; and how people are using it .. I think screenshots and download links to settings are valid.

It would be better to show comparison pics with on/off; but you can see some comparisons at the SweetFX DB

6. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Been this way since the first thread and this probably not the first this has been stated/suggested. Personally I don't think it's necessary to have two different threads SweetFX as the majority of what is in this thread (and past threads) is troubleshooting and shader additions. Adding profiles/presets to the thread just adds to the thread what can be done with SweetFX. Elajits for example has been making his BF3 presets for awhile now and the opinions/suggestions he gets can/does help him get an idea of what is good, what is too much and what isn't necessary while till maintaining his style.

7. r3dfield

r3dfield Active Member

GPU:
    GTX980 OC@1541Mhz/4001Mhz
    Here's my new "Natural Lighting 1.0" for Battlefield 3. I was working on tons of settings for a pretty long time...but I think this is one worth a release :) Check it out, hope you like it.

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/372/

Preview:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Feels like a punch to my eye...

9. r3dfield

r3dfield Active Member

GPU:
    Mmmmh. I tried tons of other available settings and 90% are useless and/or random setting playarounds. The remaining 10% are basicly good, but some oversharped, so blue tint reduced that it's now a green tint or have too less lighting strength...so that it looks like you play through a tinted glass. The brightness in those settings is still less than vanilla...so won't get blinded by snow and stuff. I think it's more realistic if u get some intense light in your lense, if u look against the horizon.

BUT yes...it's a game...and maybe too exhausting for the eyes while longer playing, especially in dark rooms...so I slightly reduced the intensity. It think it's better. Thanks.

10. master2k8

master2k8 Active Member

GPU:
    7950 1.1 Ghz Edition
    V1 looks better buts a little bit too bright in some cases :) for my taste

best regards

m2k :)

11. jim2point0

jim2point0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Maybe I'm flippin mad but I can't get NFS:MW to work with your injector. It won't launch. With CeeJay's injector, I mash the screenshot key about 15 times before I finally get an actual screenshot. That game is all kinds of screwed up. With the NO-HUD mod being broken in the latest patches that have SSAA, it's not really worth screenshotting anyways. But regardless, if Racer_S gets gets back from this hiatus and fixes the no-HUD, I'd love to be able to use SweetFX for screen capture. Right now I'm using Fraps because it actually takes a screenshot every time I push the button... but I don't think fraps captures injected AA.

So yeah my issues with that game are as long as my leg =(

12. r3dfield

r3dfield Active Member

GPU:
    I was working on it, found a strength compromise between 1.0 and 1.0a and improved the visuals. 1.0a looked a bit "dirty" due to the bleach effekt...now it's clean, but less intense. It's version 1.0c.

6 seconds version comparison:
    [​IMG]

13. KittyK4y

KittyK4y New Member

GPU:
    Integrated
    Thanks! No rush or anything. I was just curious as to what the issue was.

14. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SLI
    anybody have any luck getting Sweet FX to run in Binary domain in steam......it wont lunch the game for me unless I delete all sweet fx files

15. WonderCake

WonderCake New Member

GPU:
    Gtx 560 EVGA

16. mr340

mr340 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 560TI 2GB
    log file error

Hi have started using this effect for flight simulator x an everything is working good . But i notice when i minimize the screen i or click any menu option my game will just close without any error or log report in the event viewer . I manage to open the log report in fsx an this is what i got.

D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed
    SweetFX/Shaders/Main.h(115,85): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
    SweetFX\Shaders\HDR.h(44,25): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Any ideas what does this mean an how would i fix this ?

17. Stein3x

Stein3x Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 GTX G1 | SLI
    I had the same problems with this game but it was worth screenshotting it, some very cool moments :) .I don't know if i had the latest patch but the latest Racer_S Camera Control mod with no HUD is working (ver 3 i believe).For the screenshots i didn't wait for SweetFX to capture (it's just impossible), just print-screen & paste into an editor.

18. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SLI
    Can not get Binary Domain to launch using Sweet fX...any ideas

19. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Ventus
  20. r3dfield

r3dfield Active Member

GPU:
    Basicly good, but too much red imho. Negative bleach makes the whites dirty, but -0.01 is still okay. Don't feel offended, just trying to find better settings. I did a comparison between your smooth and my new natural 1.1 (still testing). For me, the red is too dominant. We should support each other.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.