SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. master2k8

master2k8 Active Member

GPU:
    7950 1.1 Ghz Edition
    i updated my sharpen shader

hi ceejay.dk .. i updated my shader and optimized it as far as my math and programming skills allow it http://jeschke-software.at/dls/LumaSharpen1.h
    additional thx for you hints .. the only Thing i dont really got what/how you ment it with the if case unrolling)

best regards

m2k

2. robgrab

robgrab Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1080 8GB
    Bioshock 1, DX10, and SweetFX 1.4 problem

After recently finishing Bioshock Infinite I immediately wanted to go back and play the original. So I installed SweetFX 1.4 with TV Levels and it looks great but I can't get it to run longer than 10 or 15 minutes without crashing under DirectX 10. It doesn't crash when I use DX9 but it also doesn't look as good. I also have Ambient Occlusion (Quality) enabled in the NVIDIA Control Panel, which is only supported under DX10 for Bioshock. I haven't had any problems running other DX10 games so I'm wondering if there's a specific problem running DX10 Bioshock and SweetFX.

I'm running 64bit Windows 7 Home Premium but I enabled Windows Vista compatibility for Bioshock since I heard that might fix it (it doesn't). Anybody else had/have this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

BTW here are some photos of the game under DX10 (when it's working).

[​IMG]
    Screenshot3367 by robgrab40, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Screenshot25910 by robgrab40, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Screenshot47912 by robgrab40, on Flickr

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  3. TCPIP

TCPIP Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 290
    By the way, Two Worlds 2 also crashes after 5-10 minutes while in DX10 mode.

4. GameGuy

GameGuy Active Member

GPU:
    2x MSI 670 PE/OC 2GB SLI
    Played Through the entire dlc with this and it was great :D Thankyou Just wish the dlc was a few hours longer :(

5. Gerardius

Gerardius New Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 670 DCUII 2GB
    Oh, sorry man, I forgot to paste the log.log file, so here is it:

full path: E:\Prepar3d\
    redirecting CreateDevice
    initialising shader environment
    device->GetBackBuffer failed
    redirecting CreateDevice

---------------------------------

About Prepar3d, there is no demo available, only exist a developer version with monthly subscription.

6. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Ventus
    I Trying to get some Answers!
    Any One know if i need a Monitor or can i use down sampling whit my built in display on my laptop? Plz Need Answer! :)

7. GameGuy

GameGuy Active Member

GPU:
    2x MSI 670 PE/OC 2GB SLI
    Down sampling seems to be driver bound and not monitor bound as in nvidia 30x.xx drivers I was able to do 1600p now with the latest nvidia drivers I can't even do 1440p anymore. A few pages back someone linked to an ssaa tool that allows you to run most games with a set custom resolution in a ratio of x and y with 1.0 being your stock resolution. I tested it and it does work but sweetfx, fraps and steam screenshots seem to crash my games with it enabled. I upgraded from a Benq GW2250 to an Asus 23" Pro Art and down sampling range did not change at all.

Edit: Here is the post from Sergio with a link to the tool http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4565737&postcount=283

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    can we use Sweet on GUILD WARS 2? but now?

9. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Considering the most popular preset on the unofficial preset site is a Guild Wars 2 preset and that there are a lot of presets for GW2, I would say yes you can use SweetFX. I would assume you just drop the required files into where gw2 exe is as there are no special instructions on the site.

You can download presets for GW2 here: http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/1/

10. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    How can I get this to work with S.t.a.l.k.e.r Shadow of Chernobyl?
    The main game folder has a sub-folder 'bin' containing the executable (etc) files.

11. ninjafada

ninjafada Master Guru

GPU:
    pny 670
    you can try to put all the files in the bin folder, if it crashes you will have a log.log file with an info if you need to split the files in 2 folders

==========================

for GW2 all the file in the default folder where gw2.exe is

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI

13. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Ventus
    Okay i will try, i have Mobility Radeon 5800 1GB and CCC 13.3 BETA 3
    Whit windows 8... I tested a message pop's up about admin rights and could not load the driver, when i run the program in admin but it doesn't work
    Or SSAA tool its maybe incompatible whit windows 8?
    I would be very grateful if someone could help me!
    with a downsampling program that works for windows 8

14. adawe

adawe Member

GPU:
    How easy would it be to program in black frame insertion in order to eliminate motion blur? I know in some emulators there is black frame insertion for 60 Hz and 120 Hz which makes the gameplay look like CRT fluidity.

There's a lot of people now talking about mimicking CRT motion fluidity on LCD panels. A 120 Hz or 144 Hz monitor helps but can be improved even further with stroking backlight such as with Nvidia's light boost hack or software-based black frame insertion like I mentioned above. But if we could get black frame insertion software to run with our games or even on the Windows desktop (linux as well) the know to be so awesome. Imagine gaming without any motion blur.

15. Sergio

Sergio Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 760 DirectCU II OC
    i have Benq X2200W lcd and it has Action Game and Racing Game modes that doing this black frame insertion between frames. Really helping motion blur but colors brightness contrast getting worse.

here and explanation http://www.trustedreviews.com/BenQ-X2200W_Monitor_review_benq-x2200w_Page-3

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013

16. GameGuy

GameGuy Active Member

GPU:
    2x MSI 670 PE/OC 2GB SLI
    Oh sorry I should have added that you have to disable windows driver checking so you check your laptop manual or look up online on how to do it. With my mobo I think you spam F8 on startup to get the screen when it asks if you want to disable that feature then the tool will work.

17. jim2point0

jim2point0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
  18. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Ventus
    Testing, And fails, Testing Learning by my mistakes i guess..
    I was trying out some values just 4 fun!!!

19. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Ventus
    I try that but it still don't work! so i tested CRU then my monitor just got black and star shift colors and stuff..so i think i need a Tv/Monitor besides my laptop!

20. master2k8

master2k8 Active Member

GPU:
    7950 1.1 Ghz Edition
    thats because the tv Levels shader ported 1:1 expect not the full rgb range as input, in the current "coding" it may returns negative values what makes a game of course Crash.

(you cant for example substract something from 0,0,0 and multiplicate it with n)
    and also ive seen that other shaders not repspecting the 0...1F ranges also .. everything above 1.0 i believe up to 2.0 is more or less harmless it is 1 anyways but would suggest to respect ranges in codings.

m2k

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.