SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorak

Dorak Guest

edit : nevermind.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
  2. TCPIP

TCPIP Guest

So the TVLevels shader is looking pretty good. CeeJay, i'd say you were wrong about it being useless, it has the very effect i wanted to see - it gives you the ability to change contrast in a way curves do not allow - a straight line with the ability to set the starting(darkness) point and the end(brightness) point the way you want them to be, separately. So for example you can make the shadows darker but keep the lights as they are. Here is a GIF of Dishonored starting with shaders off, then my current values and increasing the shadows strength 2 more times. Notice how the lights are at the same brightness as without the shader.
    [​IMG]

3. Sergio

Sergio Guest

4. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

5. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

But can't you do the exact same thing with LiftGammaGain by using Lift to set the low point and Gain to set the highpoint?

EDIT: OMG was dishonored shipped without correcting the tv-levels used in the console version to pc-levels?

6. TCPIP

TCPIP Guest

Doesn't it leave the midtones at the same brightness? Or does it change the brightness according to the Lift/Gain values?

7. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

you have a value for midtones #define RGB_Gamma

but a 0-255 shader just not increase black and white because in the original image histogram you don't have 0 or 255 colors

8. TCPIP

TCPIP Guest

What i meant is with TVLevels you don't have to change the midtones manually, they are adjusted with the brightness/darkness values. So the question is more like - do they change with the Lift/Gain values or do you have to adjust them manually?

9. GameGuy

GameGuy Guest

10. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

base image
    [​IMG]

using the tv>pc shader
    [​IMG]

using LGG with just the shadow boosted #define RGB_Lift float3(0.900, 0.900, 0.900)
    [​IMG]

histogram based on brightness

11. QuadReaktor

QuadReaktor Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2013
  12. GameGuy

GameGuy Guest

I get an error that says the tool could not load the driver and then asks if I have admin rights and I am running

Edit: Found on the site to disable driver signing check and it works...I usually disable that when I install a new system but forgot to this time around :D. One problem I have is fraps crashes the game with ssaa tool running a custom resolution in bioshock...any way around this that you know of?

13. Marcel

Marcel Guest

That's all right. Your monitor will function in this resolution. In Windows use your native resolution. When you create custom resolution then you can choose it in the settings of the game. When turned off the game, resolution will go back to your native.

14. TCPIP

TCPIP Guest

The LGG screen is a bit brighter than the TV-PC and TV-PC histogram looks more like the original.

15. QuadReaktor

QuadReaktor Guest

Cant remember a bug with Fraps, but i dont use this tool much because it is to Hardware hungry :D

16. Raiga

Raiga Guest

Amazing..

I think might have played a couple of games having similar over-brightness in dark/shadow regions. (Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 2???.. don't remember)

Anyways, can I know how do I get to utilize those shaders "-_-. (I got a normal SweetFX1.4 package)

17. TCPIP

TCPIP Guest

Here you go - SweetFX 1.4 + TVLevels
    For the color management i use the curves shader set to chroma only mode, the effect of this can be seen on my screenshots.

18. Xanvast

Xanvast Guest

Fraps crashes the game for me too with SSAATool, I was really excited when I discovered it but the problem is it works with too few games, maybe 1/10

19. Eddy__

Eddy__ Guest

GTL
    Hi there :)
    FXAA 16xQCSAA because SMAA doesn't work well with GTL.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hope u like it :)

20. QuadReaktor

QuadReaktor Guest

^^ Like it :) Only Sharpening is a little bit too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.