SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    I'm using 314.09.

2. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
  3. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Thanks, i'll give it a try, see if I like it.

4. tony_almeida

tony_almeida Guest

GPU:
    Videocard
    There should be Motion Blur and Noise in next version of SweetFX.

5. jelbo

jelbo Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX670 DirectCUII
    With the runtime installed it's working for me in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (DirectX 9). Switching SMAA/FXAA also works.

6. GameGuy

GameGuy Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 670 PE/OC 2GB SLI
    Hmm odd I had so many problems with that driver with crysis 3 and a few other games also like a 1k difference in 3dmark from 313.96.

@jim2point0: Are your Crysis 3 screens on your flickr one sweetfx present or multiple? If its one present for the game can your release it?

7. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    It's no presets. SweetFX doesn't seem to capture the in-game brightness setting when I use the screen capture, so I'm just using gamma increase instead.

Otherwise... those screenshots are stock Crysis 3....

8. Boulotaur2024

Boulotaur2024 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD7950
    Thanks for you time. Glad it works !
    Don't you have any other games installed you could try the new injector on ?

Of course, you guys had to test this *first* on the weirdest engine ever :D

Yup you're right it doesn't work, I downloaded the benchmark yesterday and toyed with it this evening, the rendering engine is a mess... I mean it looks like it behaves very differently from the others. It does use the EndScene() though, but I can't retrieve the backbuffer there, for some reason. I'll investigate that when I have time. Probably this week-end

The point with this whole thing is FIRST to get as much compatibiliy as the "old" injector. I suspect it won't be better compatibility-wise right from the start, you know...

Btw I switched to VS 2010, you shouldn't need 2012 VC++ redistributable anymore. Here is the download link for the dll (you need the 2010 VC++ redistributable, but I guess every gamer has it installed already) :
    http://www.mediafire.com/?2nqa848bzc7h7pc

Remember this is for DX9 games only

9. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
    it worked with the alpha, but the beta and benchmark the only software working with is fraps ;;

i'll test my other games tomorrow

10. GameGuy

GameGuy Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 670 PE/OC 2GB SLI
    Oh ok thanks. Still your screenshots look great :D Other than that how does the game run on your system?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013

11. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    ENB / SweetFX Skyrim VIP

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  12. no88you

no88you Guest

GPU:
    sapphire radeon 5770hd1gb
    by the way it works when i run source sdk 2007 but wont work in hidden

13. Benderor

Benderor Guest

GPU:
    Im just a lazy user who doesnt know about how exactly it works. ^^

Would be interisting to see someone doing good work it though, other than this mess in the preset folder.

14. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    xD sorry haha, yea it works on other games, the only reason i tried it is because i googled ffxiv arr beta + sweetfx and it was mentioned in this thread, lol. Like ninja said, sweetfx worked in alpha, so i was hoping it was just a dll issue. I dont know if you'll be able to get it to work, but if you do your my hero :)

15. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Flawlessly. I can play it at 1440p w/4x TXAA perfectly fine. Once I take it up to 1620p, I start to get sluggishness that isn't conducive for first person shooters.

16. GameGuy

GameGuy Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 670 PE/OC 2GB SLI
    Huh must be a 670 issue I guess as it plays horrible in sli for me but flawlessly with one card. You wouldn't by any change point me in the right direction for playing with the gamma to get close to your screenshots?

17. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    there's somthing i donno

how to make FXAA work in sweetfx?
    and what is the diffrence btween smaa and fxaa?

18. tanikaze

tanikaze Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Hey guys, I'm having a bit of a problem with STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl. I just installed the game as well as STALKER Complete and the Shader MAX shaders, all of which work fine, but SweetFX appears to just plain not work. I need to put all of the files in both the /bin/(which includes the game's EXE) and the base game folder or the game crashes, but if I put it in both folders, SweetFX appears to have no effect on the game whatsoever. I can put on whatever crazy settings I want and nothing happens, no framerate hit, and clearly no impact on the picture. I really don't know where to start on troubleshooting this because all I did was extract the files to both locations and turn on a few settings(in both locations just to be sure).

Anyone have any ideas? Step by step walkthroughs on how they got it working, or ideas on where to start with fixing this? I have STALKER in the full HDR mode, but I tried it in the other two modes(I know static lighting is DX8.1 and thus wouldn't be supported anyway) and got no results.

In case it matters, this is the Steam version of the game. I tried disabling Steam's in-game overlay it did not impact SweetFX's functionality. I should also clarify that I tried both 2.0 and whatever 1.3 version was stable before that.

I don't know all the technical details, but I know in general that, while they are both very fast and relatively recently forms of antialiasing, FXAA is supposed to be a little faster(aka less taxing on your GPU) but less effective.

edit: Figured I'd edit this post to say that I've tried virtually every type of folder structure, downloaded a folder structure from some guy's flickr page that worked for him, uninstalled Stalker Complete, etc and have had zero luck even getting the game to see SweetFX. I can't even reproduce a crash bug I was having with it earlier. I am at a loss. I know that people have had this thing work with Shadow of Chernobyl, I've seen screenshots, but I can't figure out how.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  19. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    thanx for the answer
    but how to switch on and off FXAA in sweetfx?

20. jelbo

jelbo Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX670 DirectCUII
    Dude... just read the readme and the posts in this thread? It's been answered and explained just about everywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.