Surprise console game so far.....

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Copey, May 24, 2008.

1. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    What has been the surprise game for you so far this year?? something you thought that might not be that good and turned out great, can only think of 1 at the minute and thats Dark Sector, but im sure there is more if i properly think about it.

2. Andrés

Andrés Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2Gb
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. I've seen my brother play it on a PS2 and a PC for years and never really cared, but only recently I decided to play it myself and found it was much deeper and funnier than I thought. Absolutely great game!

3. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Well in 2007-2008 I've actually been impressed by Zack and Wiki on the Wii. The game was absolutely freaking amazing! I had a hell of a time with this games seriously. AAA game!

Also been impressed by Okami (PS2 + Wii xD), really nice game. Enjoyed it much more than a Zelda.

4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Mario Party 8 honestly, I knew it was coming, but didn't think it'd use the Wiimote so damn good. That, or Call of Duty 4 on 360 and it's success.

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    One thing about this gen of consoles is that so may great games have and are appearing across all the three formats its had to get the time to enjoy them all.

6. dmonk

dmonk Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5450
    i agree. I remember in 2004 or something there was such a dry spell in games it wasn't even funny.

my surprise of the year is...Drake's Fortune(ok its last year but I had no idea how good it would be)

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^And it was filled with eye candy, good game.

8. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Drakes Fortune +2...+3

9. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    Lair after the patches.

10. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    GT5 and GTA4 for me

11. Nemes1s

Nemes1s Master Guru

GPU:
    2x560Ti SLI ASUS + EVGA
    Uncharted: Drakes Fortune. The reason big budget games are made

12. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Dead and Furious, it got quite bad reviews but i like zombie type games and i bought it new for £9.99, really enjoyed the game, its a bit like the House of the Dead games.

Also i have to mention Uncharterd aswell, i never liked Tomb Raider games and seeing Uncharterd was 3rd person and like Tomb Raider i wase'nt sure but after the opening cut scene and the cheesy cliche but excellent dialogue i was hooked right to the end, its one game i have'nt traded in and i will play again on a harder difficulty level to see if i can collect more of the artifacts.

13. bahamut

bahamut Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GTS (G80) @ 600/1800
    Really loved Uncharted, it's a crime that it didn't do better sales wise but it was an excellent experience. One of the best adverts for the next gen consoles so far imo, puts many a PC game to shame. :)

14. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Dynasty Warriors 6 lol :> its a lot better then others in series imho. :)

15. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Sadly, none. Though, I can say it's because I haven't played to many of the "iffy" games. The place where I rent my stuff doesn't always have everything for the new consoles. I can tell you some I thought would be good but sucked. SSX Blur. Such horrible controls.

16. Sprecker

Sprecker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Skate. I thought from the videos it would be impossible to play but dam it's the perfect skate game. It makes it seem like THPS was made for the disabled. That and GTA4. Never played a GTA after the second one. Bought #4 on a whim and some badass reviews. I wasn't sure how I would like the style and I was nicely supprised to find out it was well worth the money. 2 of the best and solidly made games I have played this year.

17. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Folklore on PS3....Resistance Fall of Man close 2nd.

Didnt think anything special about it till I started playing. Voice acting is cheesy in some parts, but the story is top notch. Ending has a HUGE twist that kinda makes you go WOW. Well thats my opinion anyway...

I could say GTAIV also hehe but thats to be expected, so I'll go with Folklore.

18. skarlito

skarlito Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtech 9600 gt
    mario discharged for me.i don't know if its this year.when i first read about it i thought it was stupid but i went to a friend the other day with others with play it and the game rocks!first time i play wii and now i wanna one!

19. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    N/A for me, 2008 has yet to bring something really unexpected to my hungry (xbox 360) stomach

GTA 4 was good but disappointing in more then one way (to me at least)

20. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    Uncharted was great, also GTA4 (thought quite not up to the hype).