Support the petition for DX11 AA bits!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by aufkrawall, May 21, 2013.

1. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Because sweetFX no matter how good people claim it to be is a form of post processing that blurs/adjusts/sharpens, which removes detail. The only way to remove jaggies without removing detail is by either anti-aliasing that is done in-game OR the method I use, downsampling. When you render a game at 2880x1800, downsampled to 1920x1200... jaggies no longer exist.

edit:

As for the petition. I'll definitely sign. True anti-aliasing beats post processing any day of the week.

2. Iruwen

Iruwen Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Simple downsampling (OGSSAA) reduces, but doesn't eliminate jaggies. And it has a severe impact on performance (probably not relevant for him) compared to SMAA for example, plus unfortunately the UI scales with resolution in most games.

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Not to belittle your effort, but I feel that this is kinda pointless this far along into DX11's lifespan. I could be wrong but I reckon with dx11.1 (if it takes off) aa bits that work with dx11 may end up broken with dx11.1, that's just a guess though.

Also, with the likes of down sampling and higher resolutions now available, I'm gonna have to that a dedicated option for AA is almost irrelevant and will end up just being a resource hog for next to nothing of an increase in image quality.

Imo.

4. Iruwen

Iruwen Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW

5. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    100% truth.

6. boxleitnerb

boxleitnerb Member

GPU:
    GTX580 3GB SLI
  7. Willock

Willock Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti@2038MHz
    Chiming in to add my support for this both here and on the NV page.

SGSSAA makes even mundane games look amazing, and losing proper support for it would be a huge blow for the enthusiast section of NV consumer base.

8. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
  9. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB OC/UV