1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superbowl predictions

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Loophole35, Jan 10, 2013.

1. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    The Georgia Dome...Again!......

[​IMG]

:banana:

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Good luck with the 49rs that will be an awesome game I don't think the AFC has a team to compete with the Dirty birds or the 9rs this year.

3. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

Lol^...Thats Cool Loophole...Been There, Done That:)...We really won in the last .30 second's...My nerves are shot...>:givebeer:

4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    :cheers::beer: here you go still the AFC needs to produce something better than the Texans or the Patriots my 2 and 14 Jaguars punched both of these teams in the mouth this season (and everyone in this thread knows how I feel about the ravens). IMO NFC is the NFL right now.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013

5. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    patriots vs 49ers. this is what most people would probably want to see now. 2 of the best football franchises ever in the superbowl.

49ers 5-0 in superbowls. patriots are 3-4.

other great superbowl teams

steelers 6-2
    packers 4-1
    cowboys 5-3

6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I'm still holding out for games like Jaguars vs. whoever (go Jags!) or here's one I would like to see Bengles vs. Raiders of course not the current teams as they suck but I would like to see some other teams make it instead of the staple teams Packers, 9rs, Pat's, Stealers give me a team that's not a dynasty in the SB.
    The thing is any one of the NFC teams that played this weekend I think (others may not agree) could beat the Pat's, Texans, or the Ravens the last few years NFC has been the powerhouse league.

7. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    No mention of Atlanta^....???

8. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Okay so it's 49ers at Falcons and Ravens at Pat's this going to be interesting still going with 49ers sorry Airbud but I've been saying 9ers to the SB since preseason.

9. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    uh lol... atlanta has been in 1 superbowl which they got beat 34-19 by the broncos.

here you go you can actually watch the game on youtube lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiQICEx82S4

10. DSparil

DSparil Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ROG StriX RX480, 8GB
    ^ ahh, that ones a classic. Elway, current owner of the Broncos and Shannon Sharpe who we see commentate all of the damn time lol. Its good to hear John Madden call a game again too, I think a lot of fans miss him being involved in football. I guess you have to call it quits sometime though

11. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    wouldnt go so far as to call it a classic. i prefered the superbowl before it where denver beat the defending champs green bay. denver had to play great to get their first superbowl win after 4 tries in that game. Also denver was the first afc team in 13 tries to win. great running by terrell davis and great tackling by the broncos in that game! and it was the year before that where the packers beat the patriots with drew bledsoe and bill parcells.

here you go on THAT game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wNnl28dB_o

heh i was only 17 then. i remember these superbowls better than the ones in the past 10 years. maybe because i tend to get drunk on the superbowls these days lol

12. DSparil

DSparil Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nice! I will check that one out. I meant classic in more of the sense its hall of fame players of yesteryear and John Madden etc etc. Not so much the content or outcome of the actual game. I consider any big game with Joe Montana, Dan Marino, or John Elway and company to be a classic :)

13. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    well that game has 2 retired legends at quaterback elway and favre!

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Lord Farve ruined his legacy towards the end of his career I think Rodgers is going to be more of a legend that Farve. As much as I hate to admit it Tom Brady is going to be the true nfl legend from our lifetime.

15. DSparil

DSparil Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ^ i can agree that Favre definitely tarnished his "individual legacy" with his retirement and team bobbling. Then again, you can't take away the guys accomplishments. Those still stand and his legacy is as good as cemented in Green Bay imo. I also think Brady will probably be the QB of lore from this era. Peyton Manning is already there (obviously), but may be considered to be on his way out, while Brady should have a few more good years left if not more. I would also include Drew Brees in this discussion, although I think Brady is the more level headed decision maker.

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Payton Manning where do I begin imo he is in the same boat as Tony Romo or Dan Marino (come along with me on this). In his 10 (I think) playoff appearances 8 of them were one and done. Is he a great Quarterback yes but I think he is prone to choking as much as Romo. On Romo the dude is a beast in the regular season he puts up outstanding numbers but if you tell him the game is on the line he crumbles like a house of cards I just don't see how Payton dose not get the same treatment (I guess it's because he has one SB victory).

17. DSparil

DSparil Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ^ ouch, I have to strongly disagree with you there man lol. Romo and Manning the same sentence is like comparing a Ford Fusion and Aston Martin V12. They both can get you from point a to point b but one does it more efficiently, smarter, cleaner and with more class. Aston Martin is also less prone to break downs. Ok, maybe its not the best analogy in the world, but I'd put Romo more in the category of Phillip Rivers or something rather than Peyton - thats for show :infinity:

18. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I did not mean that as an insult I actually like Tony Romo and I think he gets a bad wrap. The thing is Payton has the knowledge and skills but when he gets to the post season he just can't move further. Call it bad luck I guess kinda like Dan Marino.

19. Satan

Satan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some
    I'm dying to see a Harbowl.

20. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    +1, that would be very interesting indeed