1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super XFI, anyone?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Radical_53, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    I stumbled across this recently and thought the idea behind the SXFI was quite interesting.
    At the moment, there's even a 20% discount at Creative.com...

My headphones aren't on the supported list though, and they're too "special" to be found there anytime soon.

What do you think about this device?

https://de.creative.com/p/amplifiers/creative-sxfi-amp

(the reveal video where I first heard about this thing was this: )

2. Loster

Loster Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW3 2080TI
    I got one with the free Aurvana SE headphones and it is awesome.
    Using it sometimes with my ANC Sony which are not in the certified list, using the Aurvana SE profile, and it works as good.

I tried alot of emulation solutions, Windows 10 free build in "Sonic for headphones" and the not free "Atmos for headphones". I tried various simulations in the audio drivers them selfs. The best free 7.1 emulation i tested is Razor's surround 7.1 software, and it is for free. They are all kinda good and something different to just stereo. But they still sound like the sound is coming from the inside of your skull.

But with the SuperXFI i got the additional space, as if the speakers were real around you, outside your head. It needs a little bit to get used to it, you know after beeing used to listen to "nomal sounding" headphones for decades.

I do watch movies and play games, and i do not want to miss my sxfi anymore.