Suggestions for device to stream TV?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Jw_Leonhart, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    I just killed cable and only have internet now. I was looking at either Sling TV or DirecTVNow since I don't have a playstation.

Does anyone know if there are any devices out there that can also DVR whatever you want through these services too?

I see like the Amazon Fire Stick but that will only stream it not DVR anything. Anyone have a solution?

2. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Playstation Vue - and you do not need a Playstation anymore. ;)

I got that and never looked back. Read too many issues with skipping and hiccups on sling.

Sony needs to do a better job explaining Vue because many seem to think you need a PS4. While I have a PS4, the Pro actually, PS Vue is available now through apple tv (I have the app installed on two of our apple tvs) as well as roku (have it installed on our one roku device as well).

It streams perfectly from all devices. The only difference between devices is the layout of the Vue itself, the interface, which I will admit is at it's best on an actual PS4. But if you never see the ui for the PS4 version, you'll never know the difference. :)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  3. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    As for DVR....Vue saves basically like the last 6 episodes of every show on their cloud. You just add a show to favorites and it saves them.