Suggestions for case!!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by TexasRebel, Nov 30, 2017.

1. TexasRebel

TexasRebel Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 680 FTW 4 gig
    so over the next couple of months i will be building a new system
    i have my eye on the Thermaltake Tower 900...
    i know its basicly a water cooling case but i love the layout of it... i want to add led strip lighting and rgb fans.
    i liek it cause its got a good view to see what i have built..
    the last system i built i used the h100i self contained system for cpu cooling.
    and i really like it alot.. i have seen some mixed reviews on the tower 900.
    and a person not being able to use the h100i simply not enough room

"Those of you with plans on internally mounting a dual fan all-in-one cooler like the Corsair Hydro H100, H110, H105 or the Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme in the Thermaltake Tower 900 are simply out of luck. The only place to mount dual fan radiators is in the rear compartment of the chassis leaving no way for the water block to reach the CPU socket."

they make a suggestion maybe to use the h80.. does this self contained system cool okay??

i dont really trust myself to build my own liquid cooled system...

more than likely i will be using the Asus ROG Strix Z270F
    or the Asus Prime 270-A just one of the two simply motherboards ill use

2. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Depends where are you located but if you want to use this case then custom water loop is only option or H80 to use which I wouldn't use on anything like is 7700k and bigger or newer hotter chips

For $200-$300 you can build your own loop, check XSPC or EK and for budget I would build with Barrow parts etc

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

3. TexasRebel

TexasRebel Guest

GPU:
    i will be using the 6700k unlocked version... might use the h80i untill i build custom loop.. may even use a different case but i surely like the case alot...

4. TexasRebel

TexasRebel Guest

GPU:
    lol now you have me looking at ek and im looking at thier fluid gaming a240 kit which is expandable
    i am really really giving alot of thought to a liquid cooled system now insted of a self contained like the h80i or h100i .. oh the choices lol

5. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

If you are really looking at water cooling then go route of the copper based water blocks and radiators etc

As this EK Gaming or Fluid kits are aluminium based kits and you can mix aluminium and copper together

Have look on XSPC kits if you are in US or there are few other kits depends how much you looking to spend

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura