Sugar-free Energy Drink..

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by shadex, May 14, 2020.

1. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    and some others... :cool:

PS But seriously, I have never drunk energy drinks, and I do not understand why people do.

angelgraves13 and 386SX like this.
  2. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    I recently brewed my morning coffee with energy drink instead of water.

10 minutes with about 180km/h on our Autobahn and it came to me .... frack!

I had forgotten the car at home. :D

mbk1969 and sykozis like this.
  3. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Yes I've had the racing heart once, I use to drink coffee, I don't anymore, a cup of green tea in the morning every day and 200mg of caffeine on the days I workout just before the workout.
    Buy yes to much caffeine is not good.

386SX likes this.
  4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Ain`t any (big enough) fruit replaces any energy drink?

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I would assume the additives are hard to match but the initial fruit sugar "kick" might be possible to get from natural sources or just fruit or honey. (Ideally I'm guessing at least less additional sugar in said honey if store bought.)
    Going by the popular things at least there's quite a bit of extras in some of these energizer drinks although I have little idea of what's what other than caffeine and a few more common stuff you see repeated in most brands.

EDIT: Well match and match but getting a similar feel or effect if switching over at least initially, over time the body should get more used to the change.

I'm not a chemist or bio expert or anywhere near and these things can be kinda engineered for effect and also slight addictive properties even if it's not wholly intended it's just that the body kinda likes it or the effect or how to say.
    The body kinda likes sugar overall or being energized I suppose even if sugar is also a bit of a brain favorite so it's probably not very hard to get some sort of draw going same as oh I don't know common soda variants or coffee I guess.

EDIT: Not like it's hard to see in effect especially these warmer months at least around here, any sweet thing = instant insect attraction so yeah it's effective alright. :p

Flies and bees or the occasional wasp can be a nuisance or irritant but those ants can be really persistent which I suppose is why these little green boxes of not-candy works really well for eliminating them.

Well pest control of any sort aside yeah I guess there's a way to mimic the effect but it's probably not the smoothest transition since artificial sugar and flavoring are so overwhelming in stuff to say nothing of the other agents or active substances in some of the energy drinks even if they aren't sweetened or at least not by regular sugar. :)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020