Sudden framedrop

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by dainese46, Nov 8, 2012.

1. dainese46

dainese46 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX660Ti OC Wind
    I have a problem with the new NFS Most Wanted...

I have the PC in the description and all the game work on 60FPS locked, except this game...Even Crysis 2 works on Extreme Details with no problem on my GTX660Ti.

This game works fine for a few minutes, and all of the sudden the frames start to drop, and I don´t know why??

If I start at one place it´s all good on 60FPS, but when it starts to stutter and I return to the same place in the game the game still stutters :( .

Does anybody know why is this happening :( ??

I have the latest Beta nVidia drivers 310.33
    I´ve tried reinstalling the game, installing the WHQL drivers from nVidia, I´ve even put the setting on lowest and it was still the same :(

I know this is a bit stupid, but I´m just frustrated by this :(

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    It causes others some pretty bad issues too.
    Try using adaptive vsync, it reduces the stutters a bit.

3. dainese46

dainese46 Member

GPU:
    I tried that too, but it didn´t help

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    are you monitoring your gpu usage in game?, that would be a good place to start

5. dainese46

dainese46 Member

GPU:
    Yeah, I did that...

The GPU usage is always about 65-70% , which in my opinion is bad :( .

The GPU temp is like it would be in full load (100%) .

I see that people with lower specs than mine play the game without any problem.

Yesterday i tried to lower the resolution to 800X600 and set everything on low, and I still had framedrops :( . For sure that can´t be normal

6. Zoz

Zoz Member

GPU:
    2x 580 @ 950/2100
    1) It is completely irrelevant what other games your PC can allegedly run at 60 FPS locked, so no need to even mention it. I don't care if you can run Crysis @ 120 FPS, that has absolutely nothing to do with a completely different engine like NFS.

2) I don't own the game, but from the little bit I have read, no one is getting amazing performance, so don't feel too bad.

3) If what you describe is true, it almost sounds like a resource leak or something. When it starts to stutter, try alt tabbing and see if that clears it up. Does the game support quick save? If so, then simply save your progress when it starts to stutter, and then re-load the game and restarting the client. A nice workaround..

7. Zoz

Zoz Member

GPU:
    2x 580 @ 950/2100
    You have 16GB of RAM. How big is the NFS game folder? Try creating a RAMDisk (this should be a trivial thing to do) and see if you can copy the entire folder into RAM, then re-run it. If this is truly SSD related stuttering, it may help.
    Note that if the game is bigger than 12 GB or so, this isn't a viable fix.

8. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    That is not normal, maybe is caused by other software you have. I can play up to 1600*1200 without drops @low settings ofc.

Also, bare on mind that this is the worst coded game i ever tested, so, just wait for patch (if is not out already).

It is always a good thing to disable AV, chat/torrent programs etc while playing, you can read that in game manual.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  9. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    The biggest fps hitter in that game is the geometry setting. I was able to just set that to low and max out everything else, I get a constant 60fps (except for those intense cutscene-like crashes).

10. Zoz

Zoz Member

GPU:
    2x 580 @ 950/2100
    What sort of advice is that? Disable your AV? Some people do radical things like sign on to their investment portfolio from the same machine they play games on. No game is worth disabling your bloody AV for. And honestly, unless you have a pretty weak system it shouldn't even matter. I have Kaspersky (one of the more intensive AV's on the market) and it as negligible impact on gaming performance (unless you are doing a disk scan or something, but you shouldn't be doing that)

11. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    It's not mine advice, but EA advice, and that advice is same important on i7 machine, as it is on Pentium 4 machine.

I don't have AV, and it is your preference that "No game is worth disabling your bloody AV for.", because mine is totally different "No AV is worth trowing my money, especially because software corps that make AV software are pretty much involved in creating the same...". But, those are ours personal opinions, and should not interfere with general advice of EA manual.

12. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Eh I don't need to disable my AV to game on my i7 rig.

13. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    You missed the point, i do not need also. But, not everyone use system as you or me, if you serviced PC's from "unknown" persons you know what I'm talking about and why that advice from EA do hold the ground.

Some people run so much bloatware on their PC's, that even server based CPU's can't handle all those tasks properly, let alone gaming.

Sorry for not being direct, i guess that's how confusion starts.

14. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I already tested with no firewall and no AV in the main thread and it made no difference.
    You even read that!

15. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    You tested, but i don't know if OP did, and how bloated is hes system, it's not bad idea for him to test, just saying.