Sudden artifacts in games - new AMD drivers for Win10

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by DSparil, Jan 23, 2016.

1. DSparil

DSparil Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    I just installed the latest full release AMD CCC drivers for Win10 (radeon-crimson-15.12-win10-64bit), and ever since then I have been experiencing some artifacts and locking up while gaming. The odd thing is, it doesn't happen across the board and just seems to affect certain games.

Is anyone else experiencing this with the latest release? Has AMD just released some sh!t drivers? I am wondering if I should roll back to an earlier release. If so, what is the most recommended, recent and STABLE drivers for AMD? I am still running my HD 7870.

2. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S A|480 X
    Latest Crimson drivers are 16.1 hotfix, not 15.12. Third driver link.
    If you're overclocking, don't ever touch/enable the new amd overdrive because it has a lot of issues with clock speeds. Use a third party app instead.

If you keep having problems, just switch to the last Catalyst, the 15.11.1 betas. link

3. DavidGX

DavidGX Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Fury X
    I noticed some artifacting and crashing issues as well. Running Windows 10 and the 16.1 hotfix driver. I lowered the speed of my 7970s from 1120MHz (which they previously ran just fine at) to 1100MHz and that immediately solved the problem.

4. DSparil

DSparil Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    I did the exact same thing a couple days ago (minus 10mhz on the drop) and have seen good results with the slightly newer hotfix drivers! Very strange, but it seemed to work. I'll be keeping a closer eye on new AMD drivers before I install them. Hope this isn't a new trend

5. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    I thought I've noticed the odd checkerboard pattern flash on the screen with playing H1Z1 with 16.1, but its only been a few times.. and nothing in any other game..