Subs for my car

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by darknight909, Jan 13, 2007.

1. darknight909

darknight909 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
  2. mason666

mason666 Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 9800GTX 512MB
    Can't really recommend any Subs too you but then again I should be recommending you a Sub not Subs, one good one if perfect.

3. Steven Hone

Steven Hone Paolo the Gun

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 3X OC
    i could suggest a p e n i s extension from www.mojo.com ;)

4. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    Lol. There's a place next door to our family business that installs those stupid systems. They make a heck of a racket when they're testing them.

Subwoffers in a car are unnecessary. The money would be better spend on high quality speakers like Bose or Pioneer.

5. DeatHRattlE

DeatHRattlE Maha Guru

GPU:
    E-VGA 7800GT CO
    I love to see people with those systems it says a lot about their personality.
    1) They are sharing. They feel it necessary to play their music loud enough for everyone. awesome
    2) Provide a great base for hearing aid research in their 30s. That way by the time I am 70 I'll be all set.
    3) Rolling massage parlor. Sit next them at a traffic light and suddenly my back feels better.

But about your question. JL Audio is supreme in my book.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  6. darknight909

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    hah come on i didnt ask for smart ass remarks, if you cant contribute then please dont say anything

but I will check out JL

7. weston

weston Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275
    12" JL W3 is all you could ask for. I have one on a 350watt amp in a sealed box and I have yet to hear it distort, and it is LOUD! Hits all the lowest notes and sounds good at higher bass notes rather than boomy. Definately recommend! get the version 3 though it has a rubber surround rather than the foam of the V1 or V2. It's about $200-$250 depending on where you go.

and definately get 1 nice sub over two not as nice ones. I used to have 2 12" JL W1's but they got stolen, so when I got my insurance check, i went for one nicer sub and it sounds a lot better.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  8. weston

weston Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275
    nah, even high quality 6x9's can't make the SMOOTH bass at low frequencies and can distort if played too loud. If you can though, upgraded speakers do sound better when paired with a sub as opposed to factory car speakers.

9. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    6x9 suck ballz compared to subz....

Get 12 Inch Sub, Good Qual..Like JL. Or Pioneer.

And a MonoBlock Amp for it.

10. DeatHRattlE

DeatHRattlE Maha Guru

GPU:
    E-VGA 7800GT CO
    Two 10" JLs will get it done, snd sound better than most sets of 12". No doubt in my mind.

11. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    u need 6x9 the 4 way models thn 2 subs some tweeters and whatever other speaker holes u have in ur car should be filled,thn run ur bass and highs on diff amps,also need a good deck like one og the 600 dollar alpine or pioneer thn a equalizer,and dont forget to put bass reducers inline to ur 6x9's
    at this point u might also want to get a high output alternator or sum thunder caps

12. Steven Hone

Steven Hone Paolo the Gun

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 3X OC
    and a muffler ;)

13. Runing Target

Runing Target Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 680 Hydro Copper
  14. Duo

Duo Member

GPU:
    HD4850
    I never understood people putting subs in their cars...I mean common theres gotta be better things to do with that money

15. DeatHRattlE

DeatHRattlE Maha Guru

GPU:
    E-VGA 7800GT CO
    Have to do what you like.

16. MrBen

MrBen Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce4 ti 4200 128MB
    I have one JL Audio W6 10" sub and it has enough bass to blow me out of my car. Amazing how much bass that little thing packs. Turned up all the way it has as much punch as two lower-end 12" subs. Generally I have it halfway; I just like a little punch, but I don't like to share it with others on the road.

17. pysik

pysik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 460 OC 1Gb
  18. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    look on crutchfield.com they have a hugeeeeee selection at decent prices

19. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF EVO 5700XT
    As some of the others have said, the JL W3 is good, or you can go anything from hifonics they make some of the best subs and amps you can get. Fusion is ok, but overpriced. Also if you want to run even decent sub well you'll need a much better amp. I'd recommend at least a 400 watt mono block amp and a 1 or farad capacitor.
    link to zeus subs - http://www.maxxsonics.com/hifonics/subs_zeusHF.html
    In my teens I had 2 hifonics 12" zeus subs and a 1000 watt mono block amp running it

20. darknight909

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    im sure there is something better yu could have used that money you spent on the AMD X2 processor ;-)

I don't want to go get a better amp, because what I have is decent enough, and im not trying to go so loud everyone in a 1 mile radius can hear me

but the JL W3 sounds like the way to go I will look for them, thanks everyone

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007