Stuttering on all games

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Diogo Glória, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Diogo Glória

Diogo Glória Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080 TI FE
    Hello,
    I have a problem with stuttering on all games that i play and i need some help since i cant find the source of the problem. My specs are:

Intel i7700k
    MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon
    Corsair AX860 Platinium
    Corsair Dominator Platinium 2x8GB 2666
    Corsair H100i GTX
    Asus Geforce GTX 1080Ti Founders Edition
    SSD NVME 120 GB Gigabyte
    RAID 0 2x Kingston SSD Now 300 120GB
    LG Gear 144Hz Freesync

Every game that i play have at least a small stutter/hitching or microfreeze that bothers me.

Things that already tried:
    Default Values from bios / No OC
    HPET off
    Core Parking Disable
    Standby Memory Fix
    Last and old drivers
    Disable Corsair Link and all Programs on background
    Disable Raid
    Only NVME
    Only one SSD
    GSync On/Off
    Other gaming monitor

Issues Still Persist.

But i did notice something strange, if i set monitor to refresh 60Hz and set vsync on NVidia control panel the problem goes away.
    Also something more important than that, Heaven Benchmark always stutter in the same spot/place/time.
    Also Tomb Raider Benchmark stutter in the same spot/place/time too.

Any ideias?

Thanks

Also Happy NEW Year

2. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    First of all, your Gpu is not Overclocked is it? If it is, was the overclocks stable before you had this problem?

Try Reseting your Mobo's Bios back to default, Then put your stable overclock where they were before along with your raid configuration, then Use latest Version of DDU(Display Driver Uninstaller) under SAFE MODE, re-install your drivers then report back your results, thanks.

Also from Experience on my side, even if your well within the Vram Range, some games, even under 1 gpu mode, you will experience a Extremely rare Major Stuttering but usually its just that one time, every game will operate differently of course, in most cases, usually means something in the in-game graphic settings might be to high or something in the in-game settings thats causing it, but you still got one hell of a card, you shouldn't be running problems with vram, what you gaming at, 4k?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Hi,

Heaven, Tombraider benchmark stutter is some internal shader caching issue, don't worry about that. You can smoothen it a bit with looser ram timings, did you tweak those too or is ram OC'ed extra?
    Also cpu system agent voltage for example can help and remove them too a bit and stabilize the system in general with higher ram speeds (offset, 0.050v+ is a good start).

I would also remove all those hacks, and do a windows refresh + keep data.

How is your monitor connected? Does it happen if you disable freesync mode and use it normally @ 144hz?

RodroG likes this.
  4. Diogo Glória

Diogo Glória Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080 TI FE
    Hi ,thanks for the tips,
    I did try a fixed frequency in gpu tweak and issue persist.
    My gpu is at factory clocks, just with a custom fan curve
    Already reset bios to factory and did try all the bios in msi website
    And 2 minutes ago tested another power supply.
    This morning also tried diffrent ram brand
    Already used ddu and tried diferent drivers and also i have a clean windows install from yesterday .

Issues seems present only above 60 fps and i can confirm it happens always at same place/time on benchmark

Any different ideia?

Thanks

5. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    If its same place,spot and such, I wouldn't worry about to much, I ran into those problems to under 1 Gpu mode, so is this stuttering on other games you tested always constant while above 60 fps? Not referring about same spot,etc talking about just in general playing, other then those spots your having trouble with.

Ever stress tested the CPU by any chance to see if any weakness arises?

My personal favorite but must be very careful, is Prime95.

Another decent one is Aida64 Stress Test or intel burn test.

For Memory, ever used memtest to make sure your ram are in good working order?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  6. Diogo Glória

Diogo Glória Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080 TI FE

Hi, already tried with different ram timings/no XMP and different profiles. This morning i tried 2 sticks of hyper X predator and also my old corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 2400.
    I did a clean install yesterday, and im not using any current "hacks/fixes" so i can trance the source of the problem.
    Im using a certified display port cable and tried another screen througt HDMI and freesync disable just makes things worse a bit because of tearing.

Also i did notice something in tomb raider benchmark, it seems that for some reason the processor is taking a bit long to render those frames. May i post a print on that graphic?

Thanks

7. Diogo Glória

Diogo Glória Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080 TI FE
    I did try prime 95 for 1 hour, my temps in small fft test with avx stay on 75ºC . (Dellided)
    Aida stability test shows no erros, left it overnight running.
    I made a bootlable stick with memtest and run it for 5 times and also tried 3 diferente model os ram sticks

thanks

8. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Whats your Maximum pre-rendered frames ahead set at?

For further testing, ever tested the tomb raider benchmark at the lowest settings to see if the problem continues?

9. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
  10. Diogo Glória

Diogo Glória Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080 TI FE
    i did try on lowest resolutions, at 800x600 in lowest setting the same problem happens in tomb raider and heaven benchmark

My pre rendered frames at this very moment is on default (Should be 3), did try Ultra latency mode ( i guess its zero), latency mode (1) and also tried 4 , and issue still present.

Thanks

11. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
  12. Diogo Glória

Diogo Glória Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080 TI FE
  13. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    There was another program That may help this issue, Forgot the name of this program, ergh, If I remember, I'll post, thanks but Can't remember, been quite some time, something to do with latency.

14. Diogo Glória

Diogo Glória Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080 TI FE
    I thought about buying new processor, board and rams, but before i do that, i must trace the problem since, my cpu usage almost never goes 100%. On tomb raider in some benchmark area it goes 100% but no stutter when it reaches full usage .
    Thanks

15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Try this method instead of LatencyMon - https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/simple-way-to-trace-dpcs-and-isrs.423884/

Have you tried to disable HyperThreading?

16. Diogo Glória

Diogo Glória Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080 TI FE
  17. Diogo Glória

Diogo Glória Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080 TI FE
    These are my latency moon prints, im not sure if they related to my problem.
    I someone can explain as im not an expert on this subject.
    Thanks

Noticed the links got censored, is there anyway i can share the prints?
    Thanks

18. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Member

GPU:
    Asus Rx580 8gb
    Ok so I have run into a similar issue, everytime I try to run my the my Asus MG279Q @144hz the movements stutter like hell, changing my refresh to 120hz makes fixes this. I found out that this was a bug in the monitors firmware unfortunately for me I was using a gtx 760 which didnt support 2k@144hz, and only got to know about the issue after the warranty expired.

You might be running into a similar issue so better do some testing.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    But did you try displayport without freesync mode, and if it stutters, you can force fast sync in those games and fps cap it to 143fps.
    That's how I play and i never saw anything really bad, usually in 80-110fps in more recent games and it still feels smooth., even without just regular triplebuffer is ok, nothing like 60hz blur :D

As for tombraider, I benchmarked it alot on my current system, and by each part at the beginning it's compiling data for idk 3-5sec, then cpu usage drops. 2nd part of the benchmark might have this stutter and one in thermal valley when it's loading foliage assets.

- btw 10posts is the limit to post screenshots.

20. kanenas

kanenas Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt,7800xt.
    Your problem is Intel i7700k and 144Hz try to oc cpu.

Caesar likes this.