Stuttering, Monitor + additional questions

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Cybertox, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Cybertox

Cybertox New Member

GPU:
    AMD Ati Radeon HD 7950
    Hello guys, I am new here and I joined this site because I want to learn more about computer hardware and because I fully transitioned to pc gaming.

I have issues and some questions concerning some things which bother me. Hopefully you will be able to help me out.

My current main issue is stuttering in games. I have recently switched monitors and now experience a lot of stuttering and frame skipping in games like Far Cry 3 and Simcity 2013. My resolution on my previous monitor was 1920x1080 and now on my new one its 2560x1440 . My current settings of that monitor are standard which is the native res I posted previously and a refresh rate of 60 HZ. The stuttering and frame skipping in games really bothers and disturbs me. In Far Cry the stuttering is in high foliage dense places. Even though the framerate drops from a steady 60 to a 53 the stuttering and frame skipping begins. Its strange cause at a such high framerate (50) there should be no stuttering. Same with simcity when zooming or scrolling while having the view on the city. I have turned off in-game vertical sync in both games but have enabled it and triple buffering with D3DOverrider. I have also enabled multi threading and added a max fps 60 line to the configurations file of far cry 3. I am using direct x 11 in far cry 3 because of hdao. I have the latest AMD drivers which are 12.100.7.
    I will add further information when i will get on my computer.

System Information: Windows 7 64bit installed on SSD (games are installed on hdd)

I7 3770 3.4 ghz
    16 GBs Ram
    HD 7950 3 GBs vram

Monitor: Samsung LED S27B970D 2560 x 1440 (60 HZ)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  2. Cybertox

Cybertox New Member

GPU:
    AMD Ati Radeon HD 7950
    Thanks for the help and the input. I am out of here.

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    glad we could help bud

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    You waited not even one day before rage quitting, good job. It's not like you're paying for service here.