Stutter Fix for Watchdogs on med-performance desktop pc

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by wizapol, Jun 30, 2014.

1. wizapol

wizapol Guest

GPU:
    Asus 550Ti DCU/TOP 1GB
    Stutter Fix for Watchdogs on med-performance desktop pc

Hi all welcome to my first post on guru3d! :infinity:

well this is not a patch is a compilation of stuff i found on the web and forums that fixed my stutter on Watch dogs Game i really hope it work as well as did for me. also sorry for my bad english.
    :banana:

Must thank to The Worse+Maldo for the current 0.8 patch and sweetfx preset, NashleoN for the post of power suppply settings on windows 8 on the hawken forums, CRUBINO for [Bundle]Combine SweetFX Suite With eFX for 64bit Games and Windows 8.1 64bit and guru3d comunitty for all the resources and info.

So first, update you GPU drivers to lastest. :pc1:
    Then i must say i installed the game then Ubisoft patch 1.3 and finally applyed the patch by The worse 0.8 that you can get here:

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/watch_dogs_theworse_mod_8_download.html

Now Lets Change The power supply settings by default on windows 8 , which for me made the performance adjust i needed, so appears that windows dint gave much importance to my watch dogs game and made my CPU/GPU to have load drops and FPS drops, so to fix this i changed my defult value on the Proccesor state which by default windows 8 put the minimum state of the CPU to 5% which lowers your Ghz on idle, making the stutter on the game when processor changes from 5% to 100%. LAME!!!

to change this setting first open - Control pannel/System and security/Power settings, on this screen click on "change configuration plan" then click on "change advanced power configuration" and in the lower part of the poped menu change the "processor power setting" to minimum state of 100%.

*this will not fry your cpu is only a power supply setting for laptops/movil devices to reduce power usage which is really useless on desktops for more info on windows performance tweaks on this great post http://www.forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=327922 tnx Von Dach love your work*

Also for a better looking result you can use CRUBINO Watch Dogs SweetFX MOD V02 +The Worse sweetfx preset *If you use Sweetfx will be recommended to turn off FXXA any other Antialiasing setting cuz Sweet fx allready have Antialias included and you can get it here:

http://www.mega.co.nz/#!z9pGxIDA!KBjja583RsnfV7nT1ZYqeDV4OGpFOOnipnRimJqWAyc
    *Copy and paste on your WATCH_DOGS\bin game folder, dont use with injectors like FRAPS, etc.*

Then Copy/paste the Gamerprofile XML to My Games\Watch_Dogs\"profile folder"\
    this XML is configured for Mid range performance pc like mine. change the XML file to "GamerProfile" only without the " " and leave it as a read-only file.
    You can get it here:

http://www.mega.co.nz/#!O9YV3SwT!SlPdCW8EBCfVITv_9IaeRqt6S-WdUGOELdA3vPVTgbM

-- Update-- Watch Dogs Setting Configuration Tool -Beta-
    Tnx for this awesome Stone Gargoyle tool here is the post http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=389769

Now the only thing remainning is your GPU configuration that can be done on your GPU control pannel or in my case beign a nvidia user i use Nvidia Inspector. get it here http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/nvidia_inspector_download.html
    ** BTW if someone knows a better configuration for performance/quality on this settings would be nice to share it **

replicate this settings:

antialiasing mode: Override app settings
    antialiasing setting: 2x multisampling
    antialiasing transparency supersampling: Supersampling *updated
    toggle FXAA : on
    anisotropic filtering mode: off
    texture filtering: high performance
    Texture filtering trilinear optimization: off
    maximum pre-rendered frames: 0 if you can override or 1 *updated
    Multi-display/mixed gpu acceleration: 1
    power management mode: prefer maximum performance
    threaded optimization: on
    Vertical Sync: force off

with this settings your game should run like butter on mid range performance desktop pc, Solid 35-45 FPS on my current specs 98% stutter reduction only stutter when loads new city parts cuz i have only 4gb ram

Hope this works as well as did for me.
    Thanks to all the work made by The worse, maldo, NashleoN and guru 3d.

feel free to post tips or tricks so we can get a better perfomance playing our favorite game Watch Dogs!
    have fun!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  2. poet666d

poet666d Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 660 OC
    In before the howls of WD Mod rage.
    :)

3. wizapol

wizapol Guest

GPU:
    Asus 550Ti DCU/TOP 1GB
    new links available

appears that somehow my files on mega have a password this was not intended i will fix in the couple of minutes, sorry :p
    ------------------
    issue fixed new links works without password free download
    f found more issues on this post plz let me know and i will fix them asap ty

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  4. Taylor-MadeAK

Taylor-MadeAK Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX550-TI SLI

Just wanted to add: This tip applies to Windows 7 as well.

5. wizapol

wizapol Guest

GPU:
    Asus 550Ti DCU/TOP 1GB
    tnx mate :)

6. OcTane

OcTane Guest

GPU:
    asus gtx 670TdirectCUII
    dude can these settings work on high end also??

7. OcTane

OcTane Guest

GPU:
    asus gtx 670TdirectCUII
    cause i have bad shuttering prob ......

8. wizapol

wizapol Guest

GPU:
    Asus 550Ti DCU/TOP 1GB
    they can work

Well shure they can this settings are for mid range pc also work on high,even i think tweak to a better performance i recommend to first make your computer run at 100% of your minimum state on processor and check if this fix your stutter or i recommend a texture mod to reduce or eliminate the stutter