1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck with GTX 660M overclocking

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by shrewm, Apr 4, 2013.

1. shrewm

shrewm New Member

GPU:
    nvidia gtx 660m 2gb
    Hi there,

I just bought a Lenovo Y580 and would like to overclock my GTX 660M. I tried using Nvidia Inspector and MSI afterburner and both work for the memory clock but do not affect the base clock. I can increase the base clock by 135 MHz but these additional 135 MHz simply don´t get used by the card. First I thought that it´s a bug in the software but it happens in both tools and even in benchmark there is no difference in fps.
    Even if i increade the memory clock by 400 MHz I dont get a single fps more in games. I am using the 314.22 driver by nvidia.

I also made a screenshot for better unterstanding of what I mean with the base clock:
    http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4171/neuebitmapn.jpg

Any ideas how to solve this?

2. Orbmu2k

Orbmu2k Member Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X (Pascal)
  3. shrewm

shrewm New Member

GPU:
    nvidia gtx 660m 2gb
    Reinstalled nvidia inspector, did a reboot and now it´s working. Thanks anyway :)

4. shrewm

shrewm New Member

GPU:
    nvidia gtx 660m 2gb
    I don´t know whats wrong but again I can not overclock just like in the first post.l I tried P0 and P1 also but still not change. I tried running as admin, by shortcut, as normal user, directly after reboot, nothing works but I also didn´t change anything. Is there anything special I have to do while running Nvidia Inspector?

5. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 Ti Gaming X
  6. shrewm

shrewm New Member

GPU:
    nvidia gtx 660m 2gb