"Stub has received bad data" error and other issues with v368.xx drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Darren Hodgson, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    For me, it's everthing I tweak (MFAA, texture filtering quality, triple buffering, multi-display) *except* for DSR, which I seem to be to enable without issues.

The DSR setting is actually not saved as part of the profile file as I exported my profiles (in .TXT format using the GeForce SLI Profile Tool) after enabling it and the three Global Settings (Base Profile) values were exactly the same as the untweaked profile. The other settings *are* saved as part of the profile and this triggers the issues on my system, whether I set one or any combination of them.

I suspect that most people do not change the Global Settings hence why we're seeing only a few people reporting this issue. That's my guess anyway but if that is the case then it does beg the question of why no-one at NVIDIA tested them? :3eyes:

2. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I always set global profile to :

Max pre rendered frames - 1
    Multi display/Mixed Gpu - Single Display

Clean install, stopped importing profiles since 353, always Inspector, was never interested in DSR....wondering if it's Windows Defender related...as in the Real time protection is messing something up, maybe version or definition update? Idk anymore :(

3. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can you all disable MFAA and let me know if this stops the Stub error and Windows Store download issue? Thank you

4. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Manuelg how about a sneak preview about DX 12 Fermi driver ?

5. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    No it doesn't for me. I just reinstalled 368.51 drivers just to test this for you. But the system is sluggish right off the bat, I have all the connection problems and whenever I try to start any program, it often gives me the stub error. The Windows Start menu also takes ~19 seconds to pop up after clicking on the button or hitting the Win key on the keyboard and the text here in chrome while I type apears several seconds later.
    Sorry, I'll go back to 365.19 until you finally fix this crap, my system is pretty much unusable with any of the 368.xx drivers. Perhaps you should go back to the drawing board and develop the next branch of driver releases from the 365.19 ones and leave the 368.xx drivers for good.

Update: Back on 365.19 now system works flawlessly once more.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  6. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    +1
    Maybe they should start to release correct drivers. It is about time.

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I don't get the stub error, but enabling MFAA causes this constant update check and event viewer error, disabling it fixes it

[​IMG]

8. jthomas

jthomas New Member

GPU:
    Reference 1070
    In my particular case, it does stop if I disable MFAA, but unfortunately for a few others that reported here it doesn't. Like Des says, we all get the same symptoms, but each of our systems seem to be triggered by different Global Profile options.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  9. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Yup I just checked again (ive had DSR off past few days and not a single problem) Put DSR one and boom system goes to ****.

10. Qwinn

Qwinn Guest

In terms of the issue being caused by importing profiles with 3D Profile Manager, I just posted this on the NVidia forums:

Although I haven't gotten the stub error, this strikes me as similar to an issue I was running into using 3D Profile Manager to modify my Witcher 3 profile for 3D Vision. I was getting issues every time I did it, and I don't remember all the details, but I remember being fairly confident that some sort of maximum profile size limit has been reached in the last few months, seeing as the issues seemed to happen mostly with games and apps that are alphabetically pretty far down the list and therefore near the bottom of the exported/imported profile setting file. (Unigine, Witcher). Anyone notice anything similar to that?

11. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Thank you all. With your help I think we have come up step by step method to generate a repro consistentantly so that we can have our software team investigate now.

12. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Great news!

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    It is great news.

Can we expect a Hotfix driver? Please? It's kind of annoying that I cannot change my Global Settings anymore to the ones I've been using for the last 5 or 6 years. And, unfortunately, I'm stuck on this driver branch in order to play Mirror's Edge Catalyst.

14. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Thanks, Manny. Hopefully the engineers will be able to create a hotfix driver for it soon.

15. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Would you also investigate in the matter of Fermi DirectX 12 Driver lateness?
    The driver has been announced by Nvidia to be released at 29/06/2015.
    You can go and hide again without answer as you did in the last many months.
    One thing you forget. This is a clear msg to all nvidia community members , how nvidia deals with users. Also very clear , what they can expect in the very near future from nvidia .

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016

16. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Oh ffs go buy a Radeon already and enjoy their "long running support" for new APIs and features instead of spamming every thread with this bull****. There won't be a DX12 support for Fermi cards.

17. pesticle

pesticle Member

GPU:
    980GTX 4GB
    A sneak preview of a driver? What would you expect actually? wtf

18. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    read his post history. it's mostly trolling and obscure issues with a card from 2010.

19. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    I have never noticed this until I read this thread. If I try opening the event viewer i get that error, which goes away by deactivating MFAA (wtf?!?), along with the impossibility to look for updates in the store and in windows update. I am running the latest stable build of Win 10 (no Insider), using Forceware 368.22.

20. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I think the guy has the right to be upset if he wants to since the NVIDIA PR machine let it loose that they we going to provide DX12 support for Fermi.

Let the poor guy vent.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016