Sts-114

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by scarface738, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Faiakes

Faiakes Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD 4870
    Has anybody hear of John Searl's electro magnetic propulsion system?
    Looks much more advanced than the primitive "firework" missiles we have been using so many years. Because that's what they are, 2 big side fireworks with a sophisticated "mini" firework in the middle :)

Check this out:
    http://www.searleffect.com/

Last edited: Jul 14, 2005
  2. scarface738

scarface738 Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 5500 128 oc/ 2x EVGA 6800GT's
    Thanks for all your comments hopefully they will still be able to launch this week because it would be a real shame if they couldnt.
    This year I got the chance to work with NASA on a Future City project and got to meet many of the people working on it. It was really cool.
    As for the electromagnetic launcher that is being looked into but sofar the best version(last time I checked) still involved the shuttle(but the shuttle stays in a suborbital pattern). I will try to find the paper talking about when I get home from Georgia next week.
    And Crashing Edje I know your just joking but for a lot of people the crew and shuttle are incredibly important and they dont take to well to your jokes about it.

3. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Ye for this week guys succes ;)

4. cepher2101

cepher2101 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7900gs KO
    They have postponed the launch to a later time of which unknown, due to a faulty sensor in the external fuel tank *the big orange thing* that could not be fixed on time...

...oh well, at least it is promoting saftey...

scarface, when were you on future cities...i was in on that too...in the greaterhouston/clear lake chapter...i was on WIS team...and we got some awards for best tans system *thanks from help from our NASA neighbors*

I was also in BEST Robotics (www.bestinc.org)...and in the space city chapter...we had tons of help from NASA bld9 (robotics building)...most of the judges were NASA nerderneers...With the team WIRED...Webster Intermediate Robotics Engeenering Division...hehe, nerdy times...

nerds are good for society...

mcnanbb...the reason we cant get past this shuttle program, or have the best effect with it is because we are really underfunded...bush cut our funding by more than half since he has been in office. that means we have cutbacks on shuttles saftey, and its return to flight path...and, of course, nasa's best program, hubble, will be decommisioned....this also leaves tons less limiting new orbiter designes, and exploration satillietes will eventually come to a halt...so the shuttle is expensive when looking at the % used when getting it back to flight...but really, its not too baad...the shuttle is much less expensive than the proposed laser defense bull**** and such with military nonsense...

to put this in perspective, NASA's budget is less than the agriculture dpt's subsities for cotton...just cotton. SAD.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2005

5. MrRand0m

MrRand0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    now they are words of wisdom :)