Street Fighter 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CPC_RedDawn, Jan 25, 2009.

1. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
  2. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    no, i got 17500 ( 193FPS ) with no Alt-tabbing, vsynch has to be turned off to get FPS higher than what the monitor is capable of.

3. sharkchu12

sharkchu12 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 590 & GTX260+ PhysX
    It only shows the stock speed, it doesnt show the overclocked speed. Mine says 2.67, but its actually 3.55ghz.

Spam alt tab to geting higher score? U friend really wants a big e-peen doesnt he =P jks.

4. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    What kind of gamepads are you folks going to be using with this game?

I still have my version 1 sidewinder with the legacy gameport, but won't be able to use that much longer unless they make a legacy gameport to usb converter. It had the most directional pad accuracy, much much better than the newer USB version. Could pull off all of Zangief's 360 moves with ease using that controller. Next to impossible to do even the simple F,D,DF motions for tiger uppercut and such with the USB version.

I like the six button layout, with the 3 button by 2 row configuration. Any recommendations that has a nice accurate directional pad? (not a thumbstick, don't like those)

5. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    I'll be using a Virtua High Grade. Always better with a stick since that's what I'm used to form all the years of SF2 in the arcade. I pre-ordered the madcatz pad bundle too for my friends to use.

For recommendations... I'd always say sitck first (Virtua,Hori etc) but if you want a pad you might be better off getting that madcatz bundle with the game or if you can get one of the PS2 Street Fighter Anniversary pads and a converter, I had one and it was pretty good for SF, the only issue was after a while some of the buttons started to stick but can probably be fixed if I dissasemble it and clean it.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  6. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Somehow he cheated.

7. RyoHazuki

RyoHazuki Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 780 HOF
    oh god :/ zangief is so cheap in this game being hes a grab character and in conjunction with street fighter 4's new engine it works in his advantage. Throws/grabs in this game have so much priority over everything. You know its a problem when I throw a hadouken and it comes out but you still grab me out of it. :/ Or you can grab someone as they're starting a shoryuken.

8. chrispton22

chrispton22 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX295
    Locked at 60FPS with everything maxed out. 1920x1200, 16AA, That other thing X16

Looks good

9. chrispton22

chrispton22 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX295
    Guys, do not order the Mad Katz fight pads
    They are overpriced and not as good as your basic sega saturn controller (same buttons)

If you want to play this game and not dominated, you need a joystick. Dash cancelling is an important part of the game and doing it on the fight pad is just not realistic.

My advice is get the Mad Katz SE Fight Stick, then order a new joystick and buttons and it's a snap to install.

That's if you're a big street fighter fan.

10. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    FALSE! :mad: but I do never press alt-tab.
    my cpu w/ stock doesn't have bottleneck only higher than 1280x1024 without AA!!

does get your crt 200Hz? what is brand, model and size of your crt?
    my crt 21" samsung 1100DF doesn't have higher than 160Hz. I am unluck :(

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Umm what?

For scores with 100+ FPS (Like the above ones or my own AA vs no AA two or three pages back.) you just turn off VSync, it doesn't screw the benchmark or anything but the game isn't locked or how to describe it so if you get 200 FPS it'll really run at 200 frames per second and everything will look very speed up (Reverse is true as well), game itself is meant to be played at 60 FPS for optimal gameplay and speed. (Higher can be fun but it becomes nearly unplayable after a while.)

The game renders a rather basic 3D scene (For modern games that is.) with two detailed actors and a bunch of shaders, not many recent cards are going to have problems with that aside from high resolutions along with high levels of AA or AA filter methods. :)

12. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    I already used vsync off!!! Hz =/= frames per second. lol
    I already saw real-time higher than 60 fps in setting except benchmark but only begin of july.

13. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Don't know if anyone on this forum is interested but the Devastation 2009 tournament is being streamed live here : http://www.ustream.tv/channel/djwheat

Will be featuring SSF2T HD Remix, SFIV, MVC2, 3rd Strike, Tekken 6, KOF XII etc. SFIV doesn't start til Saturday tho, but they'll have some 3rd Strike on tonight :D

14. Mega

Mega Guest

GPU:
    Club3D R9 290 @ 4096x2160
    This is pretty good. Will get it when it comes out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  15. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    For Zangief all you need to do is press all three punches and move forward. I got the achivements for beat arcade without using in continues and complete arcade mode on hardest difficulty just by doing that one move.

16. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34

Talk about a grotuitous BUTT SHOT

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  18. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
  19. itsmikey76

itsmikey76 Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor RX5700xt
    SWEEEET finally, I'm about too order my copy and finally get too use my gamepad lol crap sold out best buy here I come

20. dshramek

dshramek Guest

Cool, I will definitely get this. It does have online play, right?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2009