Street Fighter 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CPC_RedDawn, Jan 25, 2009.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    thats a great idea , still need a bouncing things mod.
    just like in DOA :D :D

2. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    hahah, absolutely! If they don't bounce there's no point! ...maybe a sweat mod too to give them some extra shine as the round goes on.... ahh I'll shut up now :D

3. mrk

mrk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TwinFrozr
    Forceware 190.15 test:

SCORE: 7825
    AVERAGE: 93.4FPS
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 3.2GHz (400x8)
    Memory: 8GB DDR2 @ 960MHz (2.40 B)
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 @ 625c / 1100m / 1300s
    Display Setting: 1920x1200 60Hz 4xAA, 16xAF, Max Shadows, Max Quality

An overclock on the GFX card for +25MHz on the core and +50MHz on the shaders results in:
    SCORE: 8000
    AVERAGE: 96.82FPS
    CPU: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 3.2GHz
    Memory: 8GB DDR2 @ 990MHz
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 @ 650c / 1100m / 1350s

And then dropping the GFX card clocks to what I had before and overclockig the CPU & RAM:
    SCORE: 7822
    AVERAGE: 93.33FPS
    CPU: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 3.3GHz
    Memory: 8GB DDR2 @ 960MHz
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 @ 625c / 1100m / 1300s

So a CPU overclock (ram too) results in absolutely zero performance difference indicating that the game is scaling very well on quad core but is limited by GFX card power at my screen's native resolution with FSAA (expectedly...).

Funnily enough though even with C16xQAA enabled it still gives 60FPS average :D

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  4. BigAlBeast25

BigAlBeast25 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970 SLI OC
    I got 107 FPS avg on all high and all filters maxed.

5. xkyox

xkyox New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD4870
    can anybody explain how in the hell my friend get this score?!!!! IT is totally rubbish!!! Whats worst is that I'm infront of him when he test it...he definitely cant photoshop at lightning speed haha~!

[​IMG]

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Someone said alt-tabbing improved the score as the game speed up but I don't know as I never tried this, that configuration along with 8xAA shouldn't yield that performance though unless everything aside from AA and resolution was turned down.
    (I've seen a few screens like that as well, some mid-end cards even hit 1000+ FPS though the game looked really, really bad.)

EDIT: As I (And probably others) said though such a framerate level is undersired as the game is speed up or slowed down as performance increases or decreases so for best effect a constant 60 FPS is optimal. (Vsync enabled or some such.)

7. PNeV

PNeV Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    With Vsync off I was on like 150fps. Only true Street Fighter players can play at that speed haha. Turbo 8 anyone?

8. georaldc

georaldc Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6970
    Maybe he isn't really running any AA and AF lol (maybe he disabled it in the NV control panel).

Here's mine, everything at stock speeds. All max settings:

[​IMG]

9. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    you get high score despite your mid-card but you doesn't have all max setting. :p lool do you have sli or quad-sli?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  10. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    This game is so sweet, a must have, really cool for an HTPC :)

11. georaldc

georaldc Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6970
    Anyone experience this problem I'm having:

The bench runs fine at max with C16xQAA (I posted my results earlier). But whenever I use any other AA mode besides Coverage Sample ones (2xAA, 4xAA, 8xAA), I end up with either a black screen, or one with pink dots/artifacts acting like TV snow all over the screen. If I try alt tabbing back to the desktop, there's an error about the display driver causing an error and restarting again. No AA and C16QAA work just fine.

I thought my card was dying and it freaked me out coz I just bought this like a month ago. All my other games work fine on those AA modes

I'm using 185.81 btw

12. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    It's a bug. Update to 186.xx beta drivers fixes it or just use the coverage AA modes.

13. vhon05

vhon05 Member

GPU:
    powercolor 7970
    that has to be the power of windows XP lol

14. Jack Nicholson

Jack Nicholson Member Guru

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX 280 x 3
    I got an A too at MAX settings but for some reason my xbox 360 neo se controller doesnt work...maybe it does with the regular game. Is the game out?

15. Dojomann

Dojomann Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275 896MB
    seems only the keyboard works in the benchmark. my xbox 360 wireless controller doesn't work.

16. sharkchu12

sharkchu12 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 590 & GTX260+ PhysX
    Lol woah! I know updating driver improves performance, but only a slight gain, but imagine my surprise when I updated mine!

When I first did my benchmark I was using 182.50 drivers.

Benchmark Run#1
    http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f321/lilchip12/BenchmarkSF4Run1.jpg

Then I updated my driver to 190.15. Check out the difference!
    http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f321/lilchip12/BenchmarkSF4Run3_DriverUpdated.jpg

That is a MASSIVE change, and all the settings are the same on both runs. Maxed everything etc.

Shame the Benchmark ran too quickly though, made the gameplay look like everything was on fastforward =(

17. musa

musa Member

GPU:
    Palit Geforce GTX275
    Did you turn on V-sync? It's supposed to run at 60 fps for the actual gameplay. Turning off V-sync will report your high framerates but the benchmark will be fastforwarded.

Then again, I don't know if V-sync turned on matters for fast graphics card.

18. sharkchu12

sharkchu12 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 590 & GTX260+ PhysX
    Nah, I made sure V-sync was Forced OFF in the NVCP, and in the PC settings of the benchmark it was on Variable, not Fixed. So I'm sure I had V-sync off. Plus if it was on, it wouldn't have went over 60FPS.

19. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    It's not fastforward, it's unlocked. Vsync doesn't slow down, or fast forward anything.

20. xkyox

xkyox New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD4870
    Hmm nope as you can see hes is running only a Intel Core2Duo E6600 at stock speed! Omg! So if his nvidia panel did not set the AA settings etc and leave it at default, then he is not actually running AA or AF in the benchmark?

I have a feeling is that those others ppl getting insane high score and fps, its either they off vsync or they are just spamming alt tab LOL! Cos i just found out that my fren did quite a bit of alt tabbing and i guess that screw up the benchmarking. So all in all i guess 6k+-7k+ and 60-70+ fps is the max anybody can get unless his monitor is able to achieve 200hz frequency on his monitor LOL!!!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009