Street Fighter 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CPC_RedDawn, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    Thanks for this information.
    Using build 7100 on another computer and I get sound crackling in Bioshock load screens, but that's all I've tried so far.

2. Jack Nicholson

Jack Nicholson Member Guru

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX 280 x 3
    I have no idea how to do Guile's special or ultra moves. Thanks to you guys I realize how to charge with Chun-Li, but with Guile instead of simple backward (hold 3 secs) then forward it's this diagonal thing. Same principal? I wish the jump button wasn't up...it would make this so much easier.

3. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Guile double flash kick was < for 2, > , down-left diagonal, up-right diagonal, kick.

4. tamzid

tamzid Master Guru

GPU:
    His iceq4 turbo 4850 512
    why can't i assign my 2p device as my gamepad????

5. Eric-1987

Eric-1987 Banned

GPU:
    dont worry about it
    You can I do it all the time. Just assign your 1P and it'll work fine.

6. Jack Nicholson

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX 280 x 3
    Thx stormy, but how exactly did you figure that out? Is there an online manual?

7. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Um, the moves for the supers are nearly the same for every version from sf alpha onwards. My old favourite being SF alpha 3. Marvel vs capcom2 is a riot too. Don't know any manual sites, sorry.

8. Jack Nicholson

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX 280 x 3
    Oh how i missed out on the Sega genesis....PC all my life practically grrrrr.

9. asingh

asingh Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 4890 (X-Fire)
    Does STF4 utilize the 2nd GPU in Xfire. The cross fire icon is appearing during the game, but when I shut the game down, the 2nd GPU temperature has not moved..???

Is there any setting that is needed to be put on within the game..??

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Capcom has released the alternate costumes via MS "Marketplace" service, five separate 320 point packs or one complete 1000 point pack. :)

(Pretty sure this ties directly to your LIVE account so once signed in as the files already exist with the game, it'll know you have access and allow the skins to be used - unless you modded the files as mentioned previously and already have access to them, haha.)

EDIT: That XLive DLC folder (For SF4) had 25 files added to it so it works in some other way. (dlc_00.emz to dlc_24.emz)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009

11. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Thanks for the info, just bought the complete pack for £8.50. Can play my Sakura with Alt.10 now :D

12. RyoHazuki

RyoHazuki Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 780 HOF
    Anyone still playing street fighter? lemme know looking for players on guru3d to play against!

13. Nerox

Nerox Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6950 2GB
    which character do you play with? and which ones do you think are the hardest to defeat?? I like to play with sakura and chun li, and I think abel is the most difficult to defeat even if the game is on normal.

14. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Got this working online (gfwl needs vista sp2 compatibility and run as admin in win7) at last.

It's great fun and the game itself is quite humourous. Online battles are intense, even though the in-game player finder only shows a few people playing at a time. One thing for sure, xbox360 pad isn't quite up to the job for this game. This game demands a dedicated peripheral...either arcade stick or better d-pad.

15. Jonp382

Jonp382 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X
    I got a Mad Catz Street Fighter IV Chun-li gamepad. It performs as good as it looks.(Even if I suck) Would recommend it, especially over the default Xbox 360 controller. It makes the game that much more enjoyable.

Just too bad everyone I know has this on the Xbox instead of PC. Doh! :(

16. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB

Just play arcade mode with game request set to championship/ranked/player(whatever floats your boat) and you'll get quite a lot of online battles, easier than using the built in search, plus you can play while you're waiting.

The online aspect is something I certainly hope they improve for sf4dash.

17. biggerx

biggerx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    Ultra Combos need to have 3 punch buttons hit @ the same time. Hence 3 of the same colored punch buttons on the pad. Charging is easy, jut hold back for 2 seconds (count 1000, 1, 1000, 2) then Forward, Back, Forward really quick.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  18. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    How do you unlock the extra characters? I beat the arcade mode with ryu and unlocked a new character. I beat it twice with ken and it never unlocked a character?

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Posted previously in this thread, only certain characters unlock others and for normal unlocks you only need to progress trough the arcade mode but for the two special characters you need first a few perfect wins and then for the other that and some special combo's. :)

20. Nerox

Nerox Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6950 2GB
    What buttons do I have to hold in order to do that kind of barrier color blue that prevents you to be hit? I also see that while doing that kind of barrier your life generates a little bit?