Street Fighter 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CPC_RedDawn, Jan 25, 2009.

1. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    Heh, apparently you guys haven't discovered Sagat yet. :D

2. oka1992

oka1992 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    So apparently there are so many online people who play Ken as if his Ryu.... i played against so many Kens (i main Ken) who dont use a single Shoryuken..... it tears me up inside

3. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    I have the Steam version of the game, but it keeps locking up on me. I have yet to play it because I can't get that far.

Anyone else have this problem???

4. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    If you're not using 186.xx drivers that could be the problem. Either update or disable AA.

5. tamzid

tamzid Master Guru

GPU:
    His iceq4 turbo 4850 512
    can anyone tell me why my controller is always getting selected as p1???? i want play with my keyboard as p1 and use the controller as p2 but i can't seem to make it work...

6. tamzid

tamzid Master Guru

GPU:
    His iceq4 turbo 4850 512
    there should be one sticky thread just for patches for god's sake.. please HH or john do something about it..

7. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    How is online play? I've never tried playing a fighter online...I would imagine lag would be annoying wouldn't it?

8. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    My friend is facing a problem .. He's on Win7 RC1, and SF4 simply doesn't launch .. the window pops up from the launcher, and when he goes to launch the game nothing happens .. he's updated his cards drivers, directx and manually updated GFWL .. but still cannot launch the game .. he's running a Q6600 with a GTX260 and stuff so his pc is better than whats req. to run this game. Any help is appreciated :)

9. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB

Could be something to do with SecuROM, try using a No-CD crack to launch the game instead. I use one just to save me having the disc in the drive all the time.

Also, try running as "Administrator" or try some of the compatability modes.

10. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    Tried a modified launcher .. tried compatibility mode and tried to run as administrator :( .. and did complete reinstallation for about 5 times ..

Here's the catch .. we played at his house this very game from the very installation source on this very OS ... he simply decided to reformat the OS after a recent LAN party .. and after that SF4 simply doesn't start :( .. no errors no nothing ..

11. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    can't wait to buy this :smile:

12. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    OMG wrong thread LOL SF4 runs awesome like the good old says brings back so many memorys

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  13. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    I can confirm SF4 benchmark works fine in build 7100, but, this build has audio issues for me in some new games so I'm now on build 7260 which actually improved performance (3fps gain in Resident Evil 5 benchmark) and resolved audio problems.

14. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    No idea then m8, sorry :(

Can only assume something has changed between installs, be it hardware or software(driver) :confused:

How is everyone doing online, anyone doing the Championship mode? I'm in G3-A at the moment but haven't had much time to play the game, plus I decided to main Sakura which isn't helping much :D

15. ZeroAndOne

ZeroAndOne Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 6800GS AGP 256mb @ stock
    Finally got my PC gamepad bundle edition yesterday!!
    My left thumb hurts a little from trying to pull off all those dragon punch. lol
    Overall, I've enjoyed it much. I like it has many difficulty settings to cater to different skill levels. Otherwise it will take me eternity to unlock all those hidden characters. :p

BTW, anyone who play SF IV turns off Vsync? I think I can get more performance boost with VSync off.

16. Jonp382

Jonp382 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X
    I bought the game and tried to play it on a keyboard originally so I deserve to stare down the barrel of a gun.

I have a Chun-li fightpad now and it's significantly more comfortable and precise to play now, but I still get dominated on medium. I'm really at a loss as to how to do some of the combos. Especially the <charge> ones. I can do spinning bird kick but not the others?

17. Eric-1987

Eric-1987 Banned

GPU:
    dont worry about it
    Do challenge mode so you can learn the moves. When I first got it I used to get owned too. I can beat it on the hardest now.

18. Jonp382

Jonp382 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X
    I've been doing some of the challenges, still can't figure out this whole charge business. I really could use an experienced player in person hehe.

Also El Fuerte is probably the most random character ever. ****er is fast as hell and says super cooking time, LOL.

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Hold back for two three seconds and then push forward. :)

20. Sasquatch_04

Sasquatch_04 Active Member

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro
    hey deathvirus

open up command prompt and type sfc /scannow. give it a try and see if it works.

both re5 and sfiv have their prerendered movies/cutscenes encoded in WMV and sometimes the codecs get corrupted for some reason (most likely another media app with its own codecs are installed).

I had a problem where all of sfiv's cutscenes had no sound whatsoever and also i could never get the re5 benchmark to run no matter what i did. sfc /scannow has since fixed BOTH issues and now i have no problems....

I aslo run Windows 7 RC1 64-bit...

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009