Stranger Things 3 - loosing the plot

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Loobyluggs, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Having gone through the new season in a few days, I am beyond dissappointed.

They have reduced all male characters to cartoony morons, that act and behave in the most bizzare ways, contradicting everything we have learnt about them over the previous two seasons.

I really do not have time to go into it and do not wish to have an entire post with 'spoilers' - but this is just madness.

All the women - have turned into yelling, contemptable, characters who do nothing but berate all the male characters at every stage with awful dialog like 'you dont understand!' and 'listen!' with the obligatory 'lets go!'...'you're so stupid!'.

It got to the point I was watching a scene, and knew exactly what was going to happen next...and one of the final pivotal scenes had one of the characters
    needlessly and pointlessly sacrifice themselves instead of running like the wind away from the thing that ultimately killed them...with a fricking smile on their face!

Terrible. Just bad bad bad bad. The only merit it had was it represents yet another victim in the SJW world of madness.

There is no cathexis here, just male cannon fodder for the female characters in the 'story'. which as it turns out just needed a
    person to flick a switch to resolve!

In other words - they used one of the 'day one do not do this ever' plot devices of a
    deus ex machina
    to end the 'story'.

Dragam1337 and Solfaur like this.
  2. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    They could never top the 1st season.....

3. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960M
    Well I was looking forward to watching season 3 but I guess that's outta the picture now.

4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega/Navi
    What.the.actual.upside down??
    Guess I'll skip it.
    Everything touched by SJW make me vomit convulsely.

Dragam1337, Solfaur and airbud7 like this.

5. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -----
    It's not so bad, just don't expect miracles :p

airbud7 likes this.
  6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti XS OC
    Same thing happened with Black Mirror season 3.

7. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Old Radeon (not gamer)
    I agree with everything you said (which is frustrating these days in just about all types of media) but in the end I enjoyed watching it the series so I wouldn't tell anyone not to watch it.

8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Agreed, I would never tell anyone not to watch something, but all the cool stuff is gone.

No upsidedown world.
    No exploration of the concept of the upsidedown world.
    No exploration of the upsidedown world.
    No exploration of concepts.
    No exploration.

It was 8 episodes of 'there is a scary thing happening'....and 'we need to do something about it'.

The second season already showed us that things were becoming directionless, now; they've lost the plot completely.

2nd season was bad at suming things up and began to reflect the 'Godzilla' cartoon of the 80's, or the garage/wharehouse/bunker they decided to lock 'The A - Team' in. We wait the whole episode for something to happen, only for Gonzuki to call Godzilla to resolve the plot and fight off Gorgozon. In the A - Team, for like 99% of the show, nothing really happens, but towards the end, the villan of the week locks the A - Team in one of the aforementioned buildings and they construct a Tank in a montage, and blow everything up.

In the 2nd season, Eleven 'Eli' spends an entire episode doing nothing, and then saves the day by using her powers and screaming a lot...and bleeding...is that a metaphor for something?

3rd Season is...
    all of the worst bits of the 2nd season, and none of the good bits of the 1st - with the SJW screaming and yelling at all the men turned up to, well, Eleven...literally.

And the thing that pisses me of the most is the characters run into a movie theater and they are playing one of my favourite films of all time, cheapening it beyond recognition - because I saw that movie at the theater when it came out originally.

Thanks for destroying my youth.

Solfaur likes this.
  9. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    I thought it was alright, of course not as good as the first season, but nothing that left me overly upset/emotional about it being worse.

Just a tv show at the end of the day.

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I still need to finish the last 2 episodes (the fact that I didn't already through the weekend, like with the previous seasons, speaks volumes already), but I agree 100%. I just don't understand Netflix, why bother to have great shows (Stranger Things, Hose of Cards) going, but then ruin them to the ground just for having all the check marks on the "politically correct" to-do list? It's just mind boggling to me, I get it, there's a time and place for such messages, but when you base your entire season around them, you can see how the actual plot/characters are all over the place, making no sense whatsoever.

It's just as I've said in the Witcher Netflix show thread, Netflix' aim has turned to be 100% extreme political and with every new show they come out with, we can expect 1, maybe 2 decent seasons. If the show flops, they shut it down, if it's good, onward with social justice !!!

PS - Oh and frack you white men,

Sincerely,
    Netflix

Dragam1337 and Loobyluggs like this.

11. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I really liked S01 and S02, just started S03 and it's just painful to watch, isn't it?
    It has been reverted towards a show for kids, too much drama, way too many stupid jokes - the agonizing ripped elements from the terminator and well .. there's just no proper flow or red line in S03. This will be the last season, they ruined it completely.

Fox2232, BetA, MaCk0y and 3 others like this.
  12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Exactly, it's like all the chemistry between the child actors is gone, the dialogue is just awful and forced "jokes" / "morality lessons" everywhere. I mean sure, they're "just kids/teens", but then again they're NOT your usual kids/teens after all they've been through.So a little less of that teeny cringe fake drama would have been not only welcome, but expected from the characters.

Anyway, It's clear to me that they had no (good) plan with where the plot was heading and just mashed everything together, like in one of those weird salads, and the result is a convoluted mess, hard to follow and care about.

MaCk0y and Loobyluggs like this.
  13. shanewill

shanewill New Member

GPU:
    16 GB
    Season 1-2 were amazing as I watched them all but it's true. Season 3 is lacking the plot and fun. They should have wrapped the series in season 2 itself.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  14. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 XT OC
    The action scenes cannot get more repetitive than this. 2 good guys vs 1 bad guy .

First 1 of the good guys fights the 1 bad guy. The good guy gets his ass kicked but as soon as the bad guy is going to kill him, he gets hit from behind by the second good guy. Then the bad guy beats the crap out of the second good guy and as soon as he is going to kill him, he gets hit from behind by the first good guy again. Repeat for the whole season except for the last action scene I guess but you have to end it somewhere. :p

Solfaur and airbud7 like this.
  15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I never even watch the show. I saw trailers of this season and could swore i saw some female doing something I expect from DBZ/DBS and thought what is this? But any time see anything that resembled some thing was would happen in DBZ/DBZ in live action form I just start laughing that included screamer with creating projectile death. that crap dont translate to live action and never will imo.

Maybe I just hallucinated the whole thing. there are really only 2 things live action from netflix I really watching, that is the "lost in space" and "altered carbon"

16. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    you should really watch the 1st season.....it is very good!

17. CrunchyBiscuit

CrunchyBiscuit Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD6950 2GB
    LOL :D I think my avatar says enough.

Same.

18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Writing felt very cheap and painfully predictable. Worst is that many of those predictions were in my head like: "I hope they are not so stupid to do this or that." Because it went into that stereotypical direction in painfully obvious way... And they really did it and we were forced to see that stereotype.

Like when toys walk Dustin onto middle of the room while him not being frightened from this event (Therefore feeling safe and should have expected Eleven's involvement) only curious and cautious. And you absolutely know that Lucas (black guy to hit/abuse stereotype) is to be sprayed and extensively on top of that.

Who here would as child spend 5 seconds spraying friend in "shock" because you got surprised? And who here as child would stay in line of that spray for that time?
    That scene really felt like 2 demented kinds met for 1st time. Definitely bad.
    Then they went into that annoying rules abusive black girl "child endangerment" stereotype. Those scenes really got to my nerves.

Same goes for adult stereotypes. Male to Female kids interaction stereotypes. Good/Bad guy stereotypes...

If this season can be nicknamed, then I vote for : "Bad Stereotype Showcase Season."

Solfaur likes this.
  19. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    i'm the only one who liked 3rd season?

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    at some point i probably will. though the trailer for season 3 had the opposite effect on me and made me say no thanks.